You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

okay, small querying post from me for a change.

premium customer, also an alt is premium.

Logged onto the website tonight to ask support for a region restart via Live Chat.

why's there a bot called boxy 3000 filling my support chat window?

Do you not think if I'm using Live Chat I actually know WHAT i want instead of multiple choice?.

Opinions from other users?

@Patch Lindenwhat's going on?

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
Yes, i also tested it via my premium alt, not that dumb.........

• Administrators

giphy.gif

Be nice to Boxy!   Ok seriously, yes we're testing a routing AI system and features.  It does learn though, so if there is an interaction that should run smoother, quicker, differently, we can make it better and change it to cooperate before it goes all T-1000 on us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Be nice to Boxy!   Ok seriously, yes we're testing a routing AI system and features.  It does learn though, so if there is an interaction that should run smoother, quicker, differently, we can make it better and change it to cooperate before it goes all T-1000 on us.

The question is whether the intelligence on the other end learns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not a big fan of phone routing trees because there isn't always a selection for what I really want, or sometimes any way to end up actually speaking with a person. 

If this AI routing system that is being tested is to help get you connected with an appropriate support person, and you actually DO get to speak with a support person during the Live Chat session, than it might not be too bad.   If it's going to provide AI generated responses based on information in the knowledge base instead of connecting you with a person I would not be as happy, as when I have contacted Live Chat I have already checked the forums and the knowledge base to the best of my capabilities, or already know that the issue is one that needs to be (and can be) addressed by support staff during the Live Chat session.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

Opinions from other users?

another premium feature gone ... Tin Man answers are rarely able to provide complicated solutions and the convo ends mostly in circles of questions without any help.
Many regulars on the forums know to find the Answers and Knowledgebase. For live support i expect what it says.
MIght be a help for less experienced users to find simple answers, but that's it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Ok seriously, yes we're testing a routing AI system and features.  It does learn though, so if there is an interaction that should run smoother, quicker, differently, we can make it better and change it to cooperate before it goes all T-1000 on us.

Wouldn't it be a wise move to communicate this quite significant change on the blogs somewhere? Extra bonus: adding one or two sentences about how and where to report any interaction that should run smoother and all the rest?

Just reading about it from a customer report does a lot seem like "we're taking away a core feature of premium services and not telling anyone, hoping there won't be any bad news about it". 

• Like 7

I've tried the chat window powered by AI on Amazon, Federal Express, Target, etc --many times- NEVER     NEVER  got what I needed. Some then serve up overseas call centers who spout canned phrases and lots of "sorry sorry."    That part is true.  It is truly sorry. Either the customer matters or they don't.

Sad SL is pulling the plug on premium level live chat. That will be a BIG factor when my alt decides whether or not to pony up the cash on renewal.

And I echo the dislike of the  new secretive approach to things, is Rod coming back?

• Like 7

Lots of quiet premium feature editing and lag. Orrrrr, orrrrr, communication to those we count on so folks don't misunderstand what they are seeing. A simple, powerful thing, the two minute reliable communique. I wonder how many folks login daily to experience the virtual world working as promised more so than RL? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.