I haven't been able to use SL for a week now

Kylie Jaxxon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

SL in the last week, has been totally unusable for me...I log in ok, but from there I am so bogged down, I literally can't move for minutes at a time...then when it finally does free up, I'm jerky, can't control my avatar.  My CPU resources are constantly going between 63% - 100%, which I figure is the cause of me not being able to participate inworld.

I was using V2.6, thought maybe that was the problem, so went back to Phoenix and Dolphin 1x...still does the same thing no matter what viewer.

I've been in SL for four years now, with this same computer, graphics card...and other than lag in populated sims once in awhile, have never had a problem.  Nothing has changed on my end with computer, settings, etc...Anyone have any ideas on what to do?  Or what's going on?

ETA:  Hi Valerie & Love...yeah, it just seems to be SL, don't have a problem anywhere else.  I have manually cleared my cache and also before trying each viewer, I did them on clean installs...nothing left behind of the previous. @Identity...thanks for the link, but I don't have any of those problems...I can get in fine, no problem with logging, but once I'm inworld, it's useless :(

ETA:  OMG, Nyll...that was it!!!  Thank you so much...I was considering quitting the game, didn't want to pay my rent for something that was not usable.  I would give you 1,000 kudos if I could :)  Thanks again.

5 answers to this question

Have to go out for a wee while but I'll just quickly mention two possibilities I can think of.

One is SLPlugin hogging CPU resources by opening two or more processes. Log in to SL as usual then open Task Manager. How many SLPlugin processes are running? Kill these SLPlugin processes and see if SL now becomes playable. Open Search, type in something and click to search. Does your computer now become unplayable again as this opens SLPlugin again?

The second is your CPU is overheating and opening SL is pushing the temperature too high. Run a monitoring utility such as Hardware Monitor and post the results. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.