Inzec

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone! I am new to Secondlife and have been trying to set up my avatar for the past couple of days. I have been working on the body and head for all of a day just trying to get everything to work and flow just right i.e skin matching no lines in the neck etc. i havent had help and i have had to figure things out on my own and it can just be frustrating at times. Luckly i have gotten my avatar to a place a like but theres just one last thing, MAKEUP! i am curretnly using the catwa catya head and the maitryea body. i purchased the yokai mega makeup head and was wanting to use it on the face. i tried applying it earlier today with no luck of it showing and after playing around with it took a break out of frustration. when i logged back on BAM, it was magically on!! i was so happy and went to finish setting up my avatar but i did something and it was gone..i tried to get it back unequipping the head and adding it back on so n and so forth but nothing work!! im at a standstill i really enjoy this game and really like the avatar im creating but i just cant get it right! if anyone has advice or knows how to fix this it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!  

help.png

Here is a screen grab of what i am working with. whenever i select the makeup style i would like to use it says "attempting to apply to head tattoo" but nothing ever comes up. What is a head tattoo? should i already have this or is it something i need to buy?

2 answers to this question

Hoo boy.  Avatar appearance in SL has really become a minefield.  This is because, over the years, so many different abilities have been added.

Please start by reading this blog post: https://acrossthegridwithlindal.blogspot.com/2020/08/bakes-on-mesh-overview.html

(It's OK...I'll wait while you do that).

(Some time later:)

Now that you've read that, I'll add that it looks like your makeup is a tattoo.  But you'll have to determine what sort of a tattoo it is.

• Is it a classic tattoo?  Probably not, in this case.  A classic tattoo will be just ONE makeup, and it will appear in your inventory with the Tattoo symbol, NOT the little cube that designates a 3D object.  You would put it on simply by right clicking it in your inventory and choosing Add.  Bakes on Mesh would have to be enabled in your head's controls.
  • Is it an applier?  From your picture, this appears to be the case.  Here are some troubleshooting steps...
    • Is the applier designed for your Catwa mesh head?  If so, it should probably have "Catwa" somewhere in its name.  A lot of makeup is compatible with more than one brand of head, but it will do this by including several different HUDs in the package, for Catwa, Lelutka, Genus, etc.  Be sure you are using the right one.
    • Does your head come with multiple parts?  As a minimum, it probably has the head itself, teeth, mesh eyes, and an alpha mask to hide your classic head.  It may also come with some auxiliary parts...layers that are designed to work with appliers, such as a tattoo layer.  If you see anything like that in your head's folder, right click it/them and Add them.

This is what happens when someone asks the same question in multiple forum sections :/@Lindal Kidd - I fixed the OP's issue (which was just that the applier is Omega and they weren't wearing the Omega relay HUD for Catwa) last night, in this other thread that they opened for exactly the same topic on the Your Avatar forum:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.