Ridiculous Account Limit Increase Requirements

Fauxglove Silverweb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I"m trying to increase my Process Credit limits above $4000USD/month.

The support team got back to me today and - aside from a bunch of pointless questions about where I get my L$ from and what I do with it - they want to know what geographical location my account was originally created in?  I gave it my best guess, but apparently it doesn't match the (scarily detailed) information they have on file.  So they won't talk to me.

My account is over a decade old! I've moved five times in the past ten years.  I don't *****ing remember what city I was in when I started the account. They've never even asked this before, not even when I had to change banking information because I moved cross-country.

I can't find a way to access that information through the website.  My first impulse would be to contact support; but they'd have to verify my identity somehow, and you think they'd have done that now instead of just saying "Sorry, wrong, goodbye!"

Suggestions?

3 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Fauxglove Silverweb said:

The support team got back to me today and - aside from a bunch of pointless questions about where I get my L$ from and what I do with it - they want to know what geographical location my account was originally created in?  I gave it my best guess, but apparently it doesn't match the (scarily detailed) information they have on file.  So they won't talk to me.

My account is over a decade old! I've moved five times in the past ten years.  I don't *****ing remember what city I was in when I started the account. They've never even asked this before, not even when I had to change banking information because I moved cross-country.

I can't find a way to access that information through the website.  My first impulse would be to contact support; but they'd have to verify my identity somehow, and you think they'd have done that now instead of just saying "Sorry, wrong, goodbye!"

Suggestions?

Yes. call them on the phone.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fauxglove Silverweb said:

Suggestions?

Those questions are NOT new. I had to answer them when I had my process credit upped.  This way before Tilia.  

If you know how old your avatar then you SHOULD know where you were when you made your avatar.  I moved many times also but I still remember.  Maybe some records from your long time bank or other mailings you have on file will help you remember.  You could ask if there is another way to prove you are you maybe.  

In my experience calling did no good. In fact I got an incorrect answer which cost me USD.    AFTER you confirm where you were when you joined, you will also have to show several months of NEED to up your process credit (this unless things have changed).  If you are making about $4000 USD per month and want it raised to $6000 say -- you have to prove to them that you have been making $6000 fir several months and cannot process your USD balance in a timely manner (they of course can see those records). Otherwise WHY would you want your limit increased.

This is all protection from money laundering.  

EDIT:   When I applied a few years ago someone actually called me and asked the questions over the phone so you need to make sure you phone number is current.  Again, unless this has changed. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

They do have to be careful not to let someone else into your account, so they want to be sure that you are who you claim to be.  Usually, if you can't answer the standard questions well, they will ask you to provide some documentary proof of your identity -- photocopy of a driving license or a passport, maybe.  I'm a little surprised that they haven;t asked for that backup information,. but you can certainly offer to supply it.  Add to your current support case with that offer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.