Parcel subdividing/joining issue

Claire Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, I have a mainland parcel that I subdivided into 3 parts yesterday. One of the parts is a tiny sliver (256m) due to an irregular border, so I wanted to rejoin that piece into the one next to it.

When I try that though, all 3 parts rejoin into 1 big piece (instead of 2) -- even though they only share 1 border between them. Am I missing something? All I'm doing to rejoin is dragging the yellow box so it includes a piece of the sliver and the one next to it.

I hope this makes sense -- here's a screenshot of the 3 pieces if it helps. My avi's dot is in the sliver I'm trying to rejoin. Additionally, if I change the name of the biggest part (the right-most area below), the sliver's name changes as well (even though it's not connected to it).

36f2c9a6a726d2d16f0c141f47f76413.png

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

this mostly happens when you made 3 by only dividing one part so it looks 3, but in fact it's still two. The two other parcels weren't splitted, only one.

Ohhhh -- thanks so much! I didn't realize parcels could still be joined when they weren't sharing borders. I just split the tiny piece off again, and now everything's working :)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.