Now that I've uploaded my first dae file, how come ...x?

Pombokom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How come it can't be worn, or dragged out into a sandbox? I didn't know to check if it was visible in Upload Model, but now I see it was not. Where / how can I learn to make sure my 3D models translate into dae files in whatever way SL requires? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

The first was part of a structure I designed and built in real world. It was a 3D CAD representation of a piece of plywood I CnC'd to shape. I was hoping to bring in the pieces and recreate this structure in SL. I only knew to import meshes so I saved it as a DAE file for import.

The second was a tetrahedron I drew in 3D CAD, a very simple shape. I feel I should be able to bring that in if anything.

In both cases I have a mesh object saved to inventory but can't seem to find a way to use or see them. I am wondering if perhaps I need to create an object inworld first, and then apply these shapes to that object? Or is there something missing from my DAE files such that I need to export them correctly / more carefully from my CAD program.

Thanks.

I use Rhino 5. If a particular program produces DAE files that aren't up to SL standards, is there another way to import designs? Or are there packages known to produce DAE files correctly? Maybe I could go through one of those, if they're accessible to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.