A friend or a pretender?

Zeotetra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

If you are really looking for friends why does the friend have to be a male?

Same way as in RL our majority of Friends are people of the same gender as we are. Males have male friends and females have female friends.

When it comes to male / female friendships these things are to be expected.

Someone can make plenty of friends in SL especially when we are talking about women, have common activities together such as shopping and stuff like that which women like to do and normally would make a male feel bored.

Althoughhh finding female friends doesn't necessarily keep a girl safe from such attempts. That's happened to me before with a female friend. Sucks when people don't make their intentions clear but I guess that's just part of "finding" friends.

43 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Althoughhh finding female friends doesn't necessarily keep a girl safe from such attempts. That's happened to me before with a female friend. Sucks when people don't make their intentions clear but I guess that's just part of "finding" friends.

Of course but at least (normally) a female friend isn't interested in getting in to those (virtual) pants, so it makes the whole thing easier.

Women (usually) like to go shopping / doing whatever they do, men (usually) like to go watch football / motorsports / whatever they also do..

Personally i never considered any female in my life as a friend and i am not just talking about SL nonsense part.. It simply wasn't possible, it's either women that i am interested sexually/romantically and women that i am not or we are coworkers so we just have a chat when in the mood and that's it. Consider them as friends? Definitely not and they all knew it.

Different likes / habits and there's always the sex part which as much as we like cannot be ignored. I would never go full naked in front of a woman that we just talk and she would never do that either, but with male friends we don't mind about such stuff.

I think it's much easier when you are dealing with your own gender to make "friends".

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Same way as in RL our majority of Friends are people of the same gender as we are. Males have male friends and females have female friends.

Someone can make plenty of friends in SL especially when we are talking about women, have common activities together such as shopping and stuff like that which women like to do and normally would make a male feel bored.

I never said they have to be male. This one just happens to be male. Most of the friends who stayed on my list are female for this reason. It's rarer, but not exactly a phenomenal sight to get along with people of another gender. Also, I might not have worded it best, but there's a difference between liking me and wanting to develop a relationship (which is perfectly normal and I'm open to it), vs. simply wooing me for quick sex. He was the latter. There are various reasons I know this which I won't go into detail here to avoid more drama.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Of course but at least (normally) a female friend isn't interested in getting in to those (virtual) pants, so it makes the whole thing easier.

Women (usually) like to go shopping / doing whatever they do, men (usually) like to go watch football / motorsports / whatever they also do..

Personally i never considered any female in my life as a friend and i am not just talking about SL nonsense part.. It simply wasn't possible, it's either women that i am interested sexually/romantically and women that i am not or we are coworkers so we just have a chat when in the mood and that's it. Consider them as friends? Definitely not and they all knew it.

Different likes / habits and there's always the sex part which as much as we like cannot be ignored. I would never go full naked in front of a woman that we just talk and she would never do that either, but with male friends we don't mind about such stuff.

I think it's much easier when you are dealing with your own gender to make "friends".

True, the scenario I mentioned is not the usual kind. But just from a few encounters I've decided to not make assumptions about intentions, especially not on sl. Maybe I've just had bad luck, who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdminGirl said:

Maybe I've just had bad luck, who knows.

Maybe.. Then again "friends" that we share parts of our life and show them our real character are rare anyway, and that's fine and normal.

12 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

It's rarer, but not exactly a phenomenal sight to get along with people of another gender.

Of course we can get along but there really are many differences and problems when it comes to calling it a real friendship.

Let's say i asked a female friend to go on vacation together and share room plus bed same way that we did many times with my male friends.

So her boyfriend/partner/husband called and she answered "Hi babe yes we just arrived at the hotel, Nick is having a shower, i will have one too and we will take a nap. No i am not flirting with anyone it's just me and Nick, we will go out later to have some drinks, just enough to get wasted and we will be back for some sleep. Oh yes the bed is a double, didn't find a room with 2 single beds so we will sleep together. Bye babe, he just came out of the bath so i am going for a shower, yeah we will talk tomorrow." That would simply create problems to their relationship but if she was a man it would be ok.

It is difficult when it comes to male/female to be friends, it's more like a lets meet halfway thing and pretend we are comfortable.. but still lacks practicality. Lets be fair a real friend is a person that you are very comfortable to do things together and also be yourself without having to pretend.

Anyway never mind that guy he is long gone now, just have fun with the girls and more will come sooner or later to kill some SL time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

I'm happy I am not the stereotypical woman you just described. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm happy I am not the stereotypical woman you just described. 

Yeah it's easier to use examples based on the majority but i understand what you mean.

I used to know a  woman who was far from being the stereotypical type, when i was in my 20's and owned an RX-7.

She was also in to such cars, actually she had 2 with much more horsepower than mine and liked racing so we met in the same speed shop. You could say she wasn't the typical female and all of us there had a good time together rebuilding our engines/cars, going to drag races etc. (except for the speed shop owners wife)

Now that i remember she even learned how to pull wheelies using my motorcycle and crashed it a few times but there's fun in that too, she was a stubborn shortie. Definitely not stereotypical at all.

Edited by Nick0678

On 8/26/2020 at 11:11 AM, Nick0678 said:

when we are talking about women, have common activities together such as shopping and stuff like that which women like to do and normally would make a male feel bored.

Could depend on the store some may be more interested in the gadget section and toys!

On 8/26/2020 at 5:43 AM, MelodicRain said:

he was trying to befriend me is to get in my panties, and stopped bothering after he found another sex buddy

The hump buddies some have a brain but some just think with their genitalia, and forget the person ever existed because of humping pixel after pixel. Enlightened by all the humps could, probably start up their own adult entertainment business. With lots of pixels in one house they all can lag together and have dysfunctional wrists and walk like penguins.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:46 AM, Nick0678 said:

You'd be surprised some females are just as bad :D

On 8/26/2020 at 11:46 AM, Nick0678 said:

Not all i know one who is into archery and another who is a musician and they don't necessarily like going shopping unless its something they need to get for themselves or their loved one's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeotetra said:

Not all i know one who is into archery and another who is a musician and they don't necessarily like going shopping unless its something they need to get for themselves or their loved one's.

Yeah already talked about a female who was not the usual stereotype woman and had faster cars then me and was in our drag racing team. even learned how to pull wheelies using my enduro motorcycle. There are always exceptions. A few of course, but they do exist.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 6:04 AM, Nick0678 said:

Yeah already talked about a female who was not the usual stereotype woman and had faster cars then me and was in our drag racing team. even learned how to pull wheelies using my enduro motorcycle. There are always exceptions. A few of course, but they do exist.

There are more than a few of us. We are many.

And we are Legion. lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

There are more than a few of us. We are many.

And we are Legion. lol

Hahaha , who knows maybe, after all as soon as someone can control their own generated fears for something, the rest is just practice that becomes a skill.

6 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The kid is good. I prefer to keep both wheels on the ground though. 😉

6250852936ba151f4e.gif

It's sad to think I used to ride on the back of a bike like that a few (ok more than a few so hush)years ago and now all I can think is, "Dang, everything is gonna hurt when I get off".

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

It's sad to think I used to ride on the back of a bike like that a few (ok more than a few so hush)years ago and now all I can think is, "Dang, everything is gonna hurt when I get off".

It's sort of like riding a horse. The soreness will pass once your body has adjusted. 😄

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

My cat seems to enjoy it!

profile.thumb.png.e08716a4f3b2f7fa30f403ae1375cb7f.png

Seriously now you probably will be sore (it also depends on the motorcycles seat) but if you feel that you like the ride you won't care and I am sure you are gonna be fine.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The kid is good. I prefer to keep both wheels on the ground though. 😉

Harley Davidson's have an interesting look but they aren't so popular here. Same like muscle cars they are mostly used in the U.S and that's probably due to their very large engine displacement and weight. So here the popular choices are either a Dualsport (+Enduro/Super Motard) or Supersport (+Touring) and of course the small bikes used in the city.

If you want an all around motorcycle to visit islands or mountains Dualsport is a better option, driving varies between dirt/rock/asphalt, plus there are places cars won't go. It really depends on a person's activities and comfort zone.

yamaha1024b.thumb.png.b42571ebf5505a74c65b403f726686f3.png

Edited by Nick0678

4 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Harley Davidson's have an interesting look but they aren't so popular here. Same like muscle cars they are mostly used in the U.S and that's probably due to their very large engine displacement and weight. So here the popular choices are either a Dualsport (+Enduro/Super Motard) or Supersport (+Touring) and of course the small bikes used in the city.

If you want an all around motorcycle to visit islands or mountains Dualsport is a better option, driving varies between dirt/rock/asphalt, plus there are places cars won't go. It really depends on a person's activities and comfort zone.

yamaha1024b.thumb.png.b42571ebf5505a74c65b403f726686f3.png

Yes if you want something off road. 

There was a time when HDs were popular in Europe. And they still ship overseas. https://www.harley-davidson.com/eu/en/owners/services/motorcycle-shipping.html

There is a 500cc HD you know. Priced at just under $7,000 USD. I have no idea how costly the overseas shipping would be.

original.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yes if you want something off road. 

There was a time when HDs were popular in Europe. And they still ship overseas. https://www.harley-davidson.com/eu/en/owners/services/motorcycle-shipping.html

There is a 500cc HD you know. Priced at just under $7,000 USD. I have no idea how costly the overseas shipping would be.

They probably are in some areas who knows.. but Europe isn't one country so there are different policies, habits, influences etc so can;t talk about other countries, i may have traveled there but i don't live there so i don't know.

That one is a 750cc (XG750) here and cost is around 8500EUR (10000USD) for a brand new (basic colors) , when it comes to street only use the market in majority is towards  Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha , Kawasaki a bit less towards Aprilia, Ducatti and BMW, all of them usually in the 250cc-1400cc engine range.

I think i have met about 5-6 Harley's on the road in my whole life while traveling.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, MelodicRain said:

A few weeks ago I made a really great friend that I became really close with, and chatted for hours on everything from TV shows, languages to food and fashion. Then a week ago he started completely ignoring me, and a mutual friend told me the only reason he was trying to befriend me is to get in my panties, and stopped bothering after he found another sex buddy. Just another reason to stop making an effort to make friends here, as it's not the first time it happened, or even the 10th time, and certainly won't be the last. These assholes are experts at befriending people and wasting their time.

They are foolish though, and wasting their time is all they want is sex. It's not hard to pick someone up in and adult club for free, or pay for someone. This sounds like a way of boosting their egos.

10 hours ago, Bagnu said:

They are foolish though, and wasting their time is all they want is sex. It's not hard to pick someone up in and adult club for free, or pay for someone. This sounds like a way of boosting their egos.

Doesn't give the excuse to ignore someone but its sad they shun away because as Bagnu mentioned it could be their ego and the insecurities  perhaps.

It could be an idea of intimacy in someone's mind that is missing in their rl
Could be a way for someone to lose themselves in that moment as if they just had an encounter.

Even asked some and they didn't want relationships because it was disappointment after disappointment one individual i know well mentioned
at least 2 wanted more of a mutual sexual relationship because it felt something more than just disappointment, drama and pain.

There was no meaning it was to just that quick fix that natural high and to comeback to get their next fix again at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.