A friend or a pretender?

Zeotetra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You know who you are, with your fake smile and your fake looks oh you are so nice lets hangout.
A flick of a switch gossiping behind your back and bad mouthing you, laughing at you, not that individual cared in the first place.

proxy-image.jpg.8c4ad218c371964de2ec11a9aadb2c35.jpg

They know they can get away with it, like a game to switch it off and return with an excuse to repeat all over again.
The many faces of a pretender doing for the amusement, for the thrill they'll never admit to it and find someone else in your place!

proxy-image-1.jpg.023f05f685776d9030de227531a944b3.jpg

• Sad 1

The good news for  you is that you have now realized the state of things before too many years had passed of missed opportunities and unexplained abrupt ghostings by the people you care about most of all. And can you now take steps to warn others of the insidious danger lurking and spreading through the shadows of their community undetected.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

To the OP there are all sorts of people like that here in sl. At least one or more lurking in every group looking for their next victim, their next prey to feed upon. Never invest your heart or soul too deeply into anyone here.. its just not worth the pains doing so.

That seems like a terrible conclusion and might apply as readily to first life.

There are endless solutions to the problem, but there's not enough will to sufficiently protect the vulnerable. Only the perpetrators are protected, just so long as they follow certain rules and are clever enough to manipulate a political and judicial system that hemorrhages out from the accumulated cuts of decades of unpatched 0-day exploits traded in whispers in dark corners. You start to recognize the common origin of some of these memes, like they're all reading alt-right sites or listening to the same demagogue together and learning how to perpetuate decentralized atrocity beyond the capability of good guys to sense or perceive, much less understand the confused cries of the victims. They laugh in contempt at our powerlessness to stop them or even detect them, they laugh as they use good people as their hands to harm the innocent, degrading the spiritual lives of all, sometimes without them even understanding the transformations they're undergoing as they do great evil in the name of deluded good for the sport of the most demented. They're like predators who don't even bother eating their prey, they just kill because they're bored and figure, "Nothing matters, nothing has meaning, so why not?" They may kill the ecosystem, but they'll just keep moving along to the next, again and again, until someone listens to the victims and takes the warnings seriously.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 2

Things are simple. Categorize people that you meet in SL in the same way you do with people of your RL. Which means.

Do you really know them? Do you call each other frequently on the phone? How many times did you meet each other in RealLife.

Avoid trying to solve the riddles that some people are using to hide themselves and don't try to make people fit you.

Those who fit you, will fit you. You will know it and they will be transparent.

Anything else is just people that you socialize with and you probably have a good time online but not "actual" friends, just like many others during your entire life time.

1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

To the OP there are all sorts of people like that here in sl. At least one or more lurking in every group looking for their next victim, their next prey to feed upon. Never invest your heart or soul too deeply into anyone here.. its just not worth the pains doing so.

57 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, I sympathize with the OP.

I am moved, and it has nothing to do with me but thank you 💥

3 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

That seems like a terrible conclusion and might apply as readily to first life.

It does apply in both worlds equally. those who you think you can trust just waiting to take advantage of you when the time is right. safest to learn to not need people in your life and then only let it those you learn you can trust and block out the rest. there is always a predator lurking in the shadows waiting to play head games or mind games with someone without any care how it makes the feel or think afterwards.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

It does apply in both worlds equally. those who you think you can trust just waiting to take advantage of you when the time is right. safest to learn to not need people in your life and then only let it those you learn you can trust and block out the rest. there is always a predator lurking in the shadows waiting to play head games or mind games with someone without any care how it makes the feel or think afterwards.

What is it with you and broad over-generalizations that are, upon even cursory examination, utterly toxic advice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Only in SL will you find a thriving ecosystem of pretenders and patsies.

The 'pretenders' aren't particularly inventive or clandestine by nature, they don't need to be, they are precisely the partner persons of a certain disposition are seeking.

6 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

What is it with you and broad over-generalizations that are, upon even cursory examination, utterly toxic advice.

Because it's the truth no matter how much anymore want's to disagree with it. Sl is no different from rl at its core. 

I don't sugar coat my words or thoughts.. it is wasteful to do so. 

3 hours ago, Lord Ravenhurst said:

Only in SL will you find a thriving ecosystem of pretenders and patsies.

The 'pretenders' aren't particularly inventive or clandestine by nature, they don't need to be, they are precisely the partner persons of a certain disposition are seeking.

2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Because it's the truth no matter how much anymore want's to disagree with it. Sl is no different from rl at its core. 

I don't sugar coat my words or thoughts.. it is wasteful to do so. 

proxy-image.jpg.65942f74a904930249ff325683cd7ac7.jpg

• Haha 2

A few weeks ago I made a really great friend that I became really close with, and chatted for hours on everything from TV shows, languages to food and fashion. Then a week ago he started completely ignoring me, and a mutual friend told me the only reason he was trying to befriend me is to get in my panties, and stopped bothering after he found another sex buddy. Just another reason to stop making an effort to make friends here, as it's not the first time it happened, or even the 10th time, and certainly won't be the last. These assholes are experts at befriending people and wasting their time.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

Just another reason to stop making an effort to make friends here, as it's not the first time it happened, or even the 10th time, and certainly won't be the last. These assholes are experts at befriending people and wasting their time.

If you are really looking for friends why does the friend have to be a male?

Same way as in RL our majority of Friends are people of the same gender as we are. Males have male friends and females have female friends.

When it comes to male / female friendships these things are to be expected.

Someone can make plenty of friends in SL especially when we are talking about women, have common activities together such as shopping and stuff like that which women like to do and normally would make a male feel bored.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.