Jump to content
  • 0

How do i put someone calling card on my bio


Unickle
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

keep in mind, many of those profile additions do not show as that for the user themself. Only for others.

I wish there was a way to “see our Profile as others see it” option... or a quick log-out (without closing entire Viewer) to quickly check using an Alt would be nice, too.  Sorry that probably belongs in another thread or a JIRA or something. ☺️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
22 hours ago, BJoyful said:

I wish there was a way to “see our Profile as others see it” option... or a quick log-out (without closing entire Viewer) to quickly check using an Alt would be nice, too.  Sorry that probably belongs in another thread or a JIRA or something. ☺️

There is, it is called make an alt.

@Unickle I would hope you have checked the person  is ok with their calling card being on your profile

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, KanryDrago said:

There is, it is called make an alt.

@Unickle I would hope you have checked the person  is ok with their calling card being on your profile

umm i think my family are ok with letting me put their name in my bio just like they have my name on theirs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, Unickle said:

umm i think my family are ok with letting me put their name in my bio just like they have my name on theirs 

There is a difference between a name and a calling card, I usually reference display name not account name so it is not usable to look them up on search.

 

This is to ensure someone I annoy here by having an opinion they consider wrong doesn't harass them in game

Edited by KanryDrago
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:

There is a difference between a name and a calling card, I usually reference display name not account name so it is not usable to look them up on search

umm ok well like i said they are ok with me putting them in my bio if they had a problem with it then i wouldnt have made this post about asking how to do it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 8/21/2020 at 10:37 AM, Unickle said:

umm ok well like i said they are ok with me putting them in my bio if they had a problem with it then i wouldnt have made this post about asking how to do it 

You received helpful advice.

That includes asking for permission.

You may think that permission is a given, because it is your family, and maybe it is. But there are a lot of people out there in SL who do not have the common sense to ask permission OR they would do it to bother someone. Since you didn't state you had permission, the advice you got was very nice. I don't see why you are getting defensive about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
30 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You received helpful advice.

That includes asking for permission.

You may think that permission is a given, because it is your family, and maybe it is. But there are a lot of people out there in SL who do not have the common sense to ask permission OR they would do it to bother someone. Since you didn't state you had permission, the advice you got was very nice. I don't see why you are getting defensive about it.

i appreciate the advice but i already asked them before i made this post 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...