Skybox pool issues.

ColtenYates

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey I’m having an issue in SL trying to find a way to have this pool in a skybox and have a hole in the floor while having a proper texture over the top of it. At first, I tried texturing the rings but it didn’t work. Next I have the idea to layer the rings then lay a phantom layer on top of that getting the perfect crisp texture this has the annoying consequence of ‘filling’ the pool in sand as the texture cuts through the pool.

I have heard that I could make a mesh in blender but I have no idea how I would do such a thing and every Youtube video / guide is either super old or very hard to follow as people ramble. Any ideas or tricks I’d be grateful to hear of.

Pictures bellow.

https://imgur.com/a/QuZc8Iv

I may be misunderstanding you, but if I am correct, you are having difficult texturing the platforms right?  If so, I think your issue is that you may be using a tube prim.  Try using a cylinder prim, be sure to make it hollow, and you may find the texture to work in a manner that you wish it to.   

13 minutes ago, ColtenYates said:

Thanks for the tip I have fixed my issues. After tinkering around for a little while you are awesome.

Awesome :D  I'm glad it worked out for you, if you get a chance share some pics with the forum of the finished project :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.