nice interesting hangouts with low lag?

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about where to hang out at in sl?  

A couple of my hang out places have gotten closed down over last few months...  I mostly like a place that is as low lag as possible while still having some people walk around while I sit working on my inventory.  And I like the option to change clothes if i feel like it and maybe take a few pics...  So...  Its nice if the place looks interesting.  I'm very very open to what type of hangouts are suggested.  Seems like most of the time I end up on some type of beach or coffee shop...  but again...  I'm ultra open to new places.  ty!

Somewhere i discovered recently is the region Violet while not officially map designated it describes itself as a welcome centre Japanese/oriental in style i can't remember if any part has rezzing if you need that to work on inventory but there are some shelters in addition to a main building if you don't want to be disturbed too much it's also a nice place to take a few snaps

One day when I was bored I did a search of places owned by Linden Department of Public Works, and discovered quite a few quiet, low lag areas to hang out, like:

Barneys Bay
Piranha Flats
Tiny Isle of Mist (if you like to be smol)

and many more besides. They are not very busy but other people occasionally wander by. Some have rez zones.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 5:11 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

Somewhere i discovered recently is the region Violet

Better beware of that region. It may be peaceful and quiet now, but it has a notorious past of being a hangout for 'the cool kids' (i.e. trolls and very mean people). They tend to cycle around the grid, occupying places such as Korea1, Ahern, and Waterhead, so they may end up in Violet again, at some point.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 10:45 AM, Sandra8675 said:

A couple of my hang out places have gotten closed down over last few months...  I mostly like a place that is as low lag as possible while still having some people walk around while I sit working on my inventory.  And I like the option to change clothes if i feel like it and maybe take a few pics...  So...  Its nice if the place looks interesting.  I'm very very open to what type of hangouts are suggested.  Seems like most of the time I end up on some type of beach or coffee shop...  but again...  I'm ultra open to new places.  ty!

Memory Bazaar in Ross

Moth Temple in Iris

Both have shacks where you could change clothes although you are still in public or take the TP up into the sky.

Both are relatively low traffic so not laggy. To be sure, in Iris, bots sometimes collect which is an exasperating feature of all infohubs.

The best and most interesting places that aren't so crowded (well, it depends) are found in the DESTINATION GUIDE > Editor's Picks.  In Editor's Picks you will find some great builds and some only have a few people while others may be busy but the guide tells you how many avatars are currently at each pick destination.  And, these are the best places, imo, to "snap" some photos.  

To find Editor's Picks, look for the small tab on the left side of your computer screen and then click on it and it will open your DESTINATION GUIDE.  It's the little tab on the left with the white in the middle, then scroll through the categories to find Editor's Picks.  Once on a category you are interested in, click on the category thumbnail photo to see all destinations.  

Screenshot (111).png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 3:45 PM, Sandra8675 said:

if it's the more secret secluded spots you're after, drop me a line inworld and I'll pass you a copy of my Easter Egg notecard (boring fact: my quest I did last year, spent 8 1/2 months mapping secret and hidden areas on Linden Owned Land, found some gems)

• Like 2

One of the places on the Editor's Picks right now, that I've been attending for months and always returning to is Furzona. 

Here's a taxi to their parcel. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Furzona/69/97/2006

It is a furry club and hangout, but anyone is welcome. Also there is a sandbox on the other side called the Rejected Builder's Lounge. So if you wanna build or edit avis or more, there are areas to do that. Also on the ground floor, there is a cafe being built...along with many easter eggs to find on sim! 

I hope you find some enjoyment out of SL again. Best of luck!

2 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Better beware of that region. It may be peaceful and quiet now, but it has a notorious past of being a hangout for 'the cool kids' (i.e. trolls and very mean people). They tend to cycle around the grid, occupying places such as Korea1, Ahern, and Waterhead, so they may end up in Violet again, at some point.

They move when LL turns off voice in their current hangout. If voice is off, chances they'll show up are low. If LL left voice on in one hub and stopped routing people there when they tried to login to an offline region, it would go a long way to making everyone happy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.