Costs of renting sims and prim amounts

China Rainforest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it's not to fill the sim up with prims, it's to also be able to have prims free for the lag reasons as well, so yes, you can build a really nice place with less prims, but, it's good to have a certain amount of prims unused , really it helps lag, especially in sims where metered combat happens, and I think the AV limit on the 10.000 prims sims I am on about should be raised from 20 to 30 AV's. whatever you think about  homesteads, they are not enough for many people who want an active sim, and a full  20.000 prims sim is too expensive for most people, and I still think this option would encourage more people to rent sims and encourage people back to SL.

Edited by China Rainforest

In almost every case I've encountered an adequate Homestead build, the community begins to grow, the management take that fateful step to a full sim. And a couple of months later it all comes crashing down. It's been a predictable pattern since Homesteads became available.

Once LL have completed their transition to the Amazon cloud, there will probably be an adjustment in tiers and more flexibility in options. I wouldn't expect anything before then.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:39 AM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

people leave gor not because of the cost of the sim.. but because its gor.. :P

Yeah.

/rant-mode-on

I've long wanted an 'erotic fantasy' RP for SL that was NOT based in hateful misogyny.

The genre has examples, even in 'bro-fiction' like some of the more 'intense' derivatives of Conan. More specifically you can look to John Carter of Mars, and some X-rated fan retellings (there are for example many 'Joan Carter of Mars' stories out there, and some of them are extremely XXX. But in general they present 'naked fantasy people' without needing to be so hateful as Gor). Also... Richard Corben's Den graphic novels.

On the 'magical sci-fi' end... you hate things like Satoshi Urushihara's Ragnarock City "story artbook" (it halfway had a story, but was more just an opportunity for him to draw a whole bunch of people living in a nude sci-fi city, one of whom was a magic fairy).

Why is SL fantasy soooo limited...

It's either endless D&D / GoT worlds... or it's Gor...

/end-rant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Why is SL fantasy soooo limited...

Because the RP sims that aren't like that have other problems. Complicated rules. Too many species. New players can't get into the in-group. See the "why RP sims fail" thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.