Looking for calm ao - almost/nearly static?

idleidol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Exactly as the title says. I've thrown money down the hole for a few AOs already that just move too much for my liking. When I type in calm ao I mainly get pose packs. I found one AO that is almost what I'm looking for, but the head moves a bit too much. If anyone knows of a calm AO please let me know! I can deal with a little bit of movement but too much and for some reason it either annoys or stresses me out. I wish there was simply a 'breathing' ao. That would be ideal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, norajulian said:

There are now “breathing” pose packs out there that folks (myself included) add to the built-in firestorm AO (simply drag and drop, very simple). You just need to be sure to drag sitting poses into the sitting area and etc. 

I actually switched to Firestorm for this, thanks!

1 hour ago, Ardy Lay said:

Have you tried ditching the AO entirely and just stand there or is that still to active for you?

I hope this unwarranted passive-aggressive response did you some good. I truly do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, idleidol said:

I actually switched to Firestorm for this, thanks!

I hope this unwarranted passive-aggressive response did you some good. I truly do. 

You incorrectly attribute my intent.  I do not use an AO.  I do not like the wobbling twirling stands they usually come with so just use the basic body motions that somebody at LL work long and hard to produce and make look relatively natural.

GOOD DAY

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, idleidol said:

Exactly as the title says. I've thrown money down the hole for a few AOs already that just move too much for my liking. When I type in calm ao I mainly get pose packs. I found one AO that is almost what I'm looking for, but the head moves a bit too much. If anyone knows of a calm AO please let me know! I can deal with a little bit of movement but too much and for some reason it either annoys or stresses me out. I wish there was simply a 'breathing' ao. That would be ideal. 

I dislike AOs that move too much as well. What do you think of the standard AOs that come with the system avs? I don't know if they're all the same but I remember Maria was not bad.

Vista Esther and Xuel are ok too, specifically these ones - you can go to the store to demo:

Esther: VAESTST051A

Xuel: VAXUST01CALMP3, VAXUST02CALMP3, VAXUST03CALMP3, VAXUST05CALMP3, VAXUST10CALMP3

Those are the names I got from my notecard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use one called Amani Tranquil AO (Bento). It's so calm I don't need to use a pose stand to try on outfits. I was desperately looking for an AO without the hyperactive juvenile animations they all seem to have. As an adult female, I haven't played hopscotch or jet plane for a while, and I don't crouch down to scratch my butt and look at my toes at random times. I am relieved that I don't have to watch my avatar making a ridiculous spectacle of herself anymore!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AMANI-Tranquil-AO-Bento/16094412

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The built in ao is not only in firestorm viewer but also in singularity viewer too, i am sure there are others that have this option available.

Personally use the built in ao to reduce my script count since you are not using a scripted ao hud.

Also to note from firestorm wiki

The Firestorm AO was designed before bento came onto the scene. Therefore, while it fully supports bento animations that affect the entire avatar, it doesn't necessarily support partial animations. This because it wasn't designed to handle multiple animations running at the same time.

Specifically, it seems to work very well when used with animation HUDs for bento heads and hands, but it may cause the avatar to lock up when used with HUDs for bento wings or tails. If you do find that you lock up, you will need to revert to using a scripted AO for all animations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 9:17 PM, Ardy Lay said:

Have you tried ditching the AO entirely and just stand there or is that still to active for you?

The default animations of SL though - tend to look very unnatural to many of us.

Even if I wanted a static mostly still look, they're not what I would go for. And they actually fail to hold the head or hands still.

My suggestion is to go to a high quality pose and AO/Animation shop and demo stacks of animations until you find the poses / subtle animations you like - buy those 1 by 1, and put them into an AO-HUD.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Edit: Oops, I've replied in the wrong thread, sorry everyone! 🙈 I'm not having much luck today!  I still found the comments useful and is what my response would have been hypothetically speaking, if I had been replying in the right place, which I wasn't. So again, all apologies.

Just checked back in and thank you all very much for your suggestions, I will definitely check out these and see which works best for my avi. 😊

For the person who said just detach the AO and stand there... I personally do prefer having an AO, as I feel like I look a bit rigid without one. Just my preference I suppose, as I want movement to be smooth looking, but the calmer the better.

The built in viewer AOs I'm not overly fond of, but they can be a useful option.

Basically Girl is free, but if it's the same one I'm thinking of, the movement is a bit too much for me. I had it a while back, and it's quite twirly and fidgety, so not quite what I'm looking for, but I do appreciate the suggestion. 🙂

Edited by Scarlett Fenutzini

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.