IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT VOICE OR CAM IN SL ???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Never cared for it. Voice is disabled, but I sometimes enjoy hearing the DJ talk and engage with listeners when I am listening to their stream at events. Bad part is when some stranger was trying to talk to me via voice and then later I get a barrage of irate IMs saying I am rude and I think I am all that for ignoring them. Pleeeaaassseee!

• Like 1

I love to voice and actually really have no issue being on cam when I get to know people. However, I don't ever make those a requirement for getting to know or hang out with people. I don't really understand the whole verification angle really. People are welcome to hit me up for chat in text, voice or anything. It's just fun to chat.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I don't do voice, because it is totally horrible with most people having terrible mic techniques and then all those sometimes horrifying accents.

I don't do cam either. Who wants to see my old ugly face anyway.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

When I initiaIIy joined over 10 years ago, I voiced more because I was given the impression that it was expected in sI.  About 6 years ago, my rI situation changed and I was seIdom abIe to chat on voice.  InterestingIy, I found that yes, some peopIe moved on, but I stiII kept many of my oId friends.  

I have one femaIe friend who speaks another first Ianguage, so she types sIowIy;  and prefers to voice.  What we do then is that I Iisten to her taIk, whiIe I TYPE in repIy.  When THAT is impossibIe, then I just teII her and then we just try our best.  

BasicaIIy, as the years went by, I have just poIiteIy stuck to the way that I want to Iive in my sI or am abIe to Iive in sI.  If it is cruciaI for someone to be with someone who Iogs into sI for many hours each day, and needs to voice with them most of the time, then I wish them aII the best, but I won't change for them.  

The problem is that people lean on SL too much as a dating sim.

Just enjoy the people that you chose to give your time to, it shouldn't matter what the cam or voice looks like if you truly enjoy the person that you've grown to know and care for.... I don't necessarily mean intimately.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.