IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT VOICE OR CAM IN SL ???

I think there are plenty of people who don't mind, then again there are many who do. I would like to voice but I've yet to find someone who felt the same. Maybe it's the type of sims I hang out on, or maybe it's the fact I've yet to make really close friends, though I do have friends. Voice would be fun given the right mood. Regardless, if you don't want to voice/cam/whatever then don't. It's your Second Life and you make the rules. If someone's turned off by that then oh well. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been here 12 years and don't think anyone has ever asked me to voice or cam. Something's amiss here, Bella. A quick look at your profile suggests what it is. You've posted a RL picture of an

I've never used voice or cam in SL and have never had issues with other people being friends or something more.

,You should get that caps lock key checked, it's misbehaving.  

@BellaLman I have checked your profile and I can see exactly why you are getting asked to voice and cam. You have a very pretty RL pic in there, and the front page of your profile talks mainly about who you are in RL. I would suggest removing the picture and those references entirely, because including them gives the impression that you are willing to share your RL. 

I think  @ballparkdogg has a good point too; your username has the word "man" in it, so guys are going to make the automatic assumption that you are male in RL. You can test this theory by making an alt with a username that includes no reference to gender (no "man", "girl" or anything like that, just a name). And don't hang out in adult places; most people in such places are there for RL sex/relationships.

Of course, one sure-fire way to stop all the requests for voice and cam is to say in your profile that you are a 50-year-old man in RL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Maitimo said:

@BellaLman I have checked your profile and I can see exactly why you are getting asked to voice and cam. You have a very pretty RL pic in there, and the front page of your profile talks mainly about who you are in RL. I would suggest removing the picture and those references entirely, because including them gives the impression that you are willing to share your RL. 

I think Bella abandoned this thread. She hasn't interacted with in in a month and hasn't been on the forum since August.

You POST was very on point with what your concern ACTUALLY is. The way the thread is worded on the other hand contradicts. You better hope people care enough to not pressure for it.

But to answer the question, yes. Quite possible. Especially if you're in more "furry" circles, who tend to roleplay a bit more often. Those displaying creativity and imagination will naturally be more used to it. Not all but enough.

There's also some RP sims. Like Beast forest. Always worth checking groups about BDSM and kinks and such.

If you REALLY want text only, try F-chat. Many chat rooms. Lots of kinks.

• Confused 1
  • 5 weeks later...

OK, dont know if OP still is interested, but I do only text chatting and also IF only IF I trust person do I do voice(many reasons why trust has to be there). I even did a event at Burrow Coffee and Whiskey that was about reading poems or like, and did it in text :D so it is possible to meet people that understand that aspect of you. Honestly if my pc hadnt broken down, I probably would be doing more with my friends I made on SL and doing it without voice. 8/10 people dont realize there are forums here, and 4/10 dont care to do anything but whats in SL. 

That all being said, I do voice but only if trust is there first. Otherwise, youd "hear" me as you do on this forum. Though i am told I am equally expressive in text and voice :P but some people like to hear me when i am reading something I like or if they accidently hear my froggy voice signing on mic lol. 

All in all I would rather text people than talk, as most times people dont think before saying but they do when texting(though i dont think either way lol).

On 8/17/2020 at 3:45 PM, BellaLman said:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN TEXT ONLY!! NO VOICE NO CAM ?

if I was talking to someone and I said that I don't voice they ignore me ??? hello???

I DON'T HAVE A MIC EVEN IF I DID HAVE IT I WONT BE ABLE TO TALK. RL SITUATION DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DO SO 

I feel UNWANTED wherever I go in SL ☹️ 

I'M PLAYING SECOND LIFE TO ESCAPE FROM RL PROBLEMS - I DON'T WANT THEM IN THE GAME TOO 

Is it possible? YES, Nice to meet you, my name of course is Roary McGillivary Look me up inworld and view my profile to see if you would like to add me as friend. 

I don't voice they ignore me ??? hello??? Yeah that happens and in my own personal opinion most of those people are not worth your time in SL anyway, their "friendship" would be superficial at best. 

I feel UNWANTED Awww No, that is not good, I would LOVE to meet you and chat. My online time is usually around 3:30 pm SLT till about 6pm maybe 7pm SLT. 

I'M PLAYING SECOND LIFE TO ESCAPE FROM RL PROBLEMS - I DON'T WANT THEM IN THE GAME TOO.    OMG do I so understand the escaping of the RL problems / issues and not wanting to bring them into SL with me. On occasion IF I LIKE AND TRUST you may get to know a little about my RL but, I can certainly understand and respect that. 

So HEY 😁 find me in SL and hit me up for some chat, or going shopping together, go exploring SL, hang out and relax, go to a club for some music and dance. Till then "sijambo"  

• Like 1
On 8/22/2020 at 4:18 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

The only people that really ever have asked me, were horny people.. hehehe

Not all horny people asked, but those who did were all horny..

In my defense I was drunk and those animations were just so good. Lmao!!!!😜😁

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Other than when my very old mum with arthritis comes on to SL, I never use voice.  I have a couple friends who have arthritis who use voice to me while I continue to type. 

When I first arrived in SL my voice was so unreliable, I gave up on it.  By the time my connection and computer (and probably SL) made it so voice was less unreliable, I had gotten used to not using voice. 

I don't go around trying to pick up people nor do i do the slex.... YMMV.  I imagine people who are looking for SL pwornworld experience, will want the sound surround version, since it keeps their hands more or less free for other tasks...

I have several friends who cannot do voice at all.  3 in particular come to mind:

• One has no voice box due to cancer.
  • One inherited a powerful, but non sound-enabled computer (probably why they ended up getting it) and that's the computer they have for the foreseeable as they are a shut in with limited resources...
  • One must hide her SL activities from her family, so that precludes all sound.

These people are very active in various communities, build things or role play and have loads of friends.  Each of them has been in SL over 5 years (one for well over a decade).