IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT VOICE OR CAM IN SL ???

4 hours ago, Ren Toxx said:

If you’ve spent a full year not meeting a single person who didn’t need voice or cam, it’s difficult not to think you must be looking in the wrong places and/or ways. I don’t voice or cam, and I have more friends than I know what to do with. I’m not special, so I assume it is indeed not difficult to meet such people.

Go to places where there either is no voice, or there is but it’s clearly pointed out that it’s optional and no one is obligated to use it. London City comes to mind, despite the occasional self-entitled jerks who pretty much demand that everyone else voices, since they do. Those rarely last, by the way, because jerks will be jerks, and they quickly earn treatment in kind.

Also, look at this in a positive way: since they ignore you, they’re basically informing you that they’re not worth your attention, either. They’re saving you the time you’d otherwise spend on on them before realizing that. I never say no to time-savers.

Agreed.  You describe a great filter.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been here 12 years and don't think anyone has ever asked me to voice or cam. Something's amiss here, Bella. A quick look at your profile suggests what it is. You've posted a RL picture of an

I've never used voice or cam in SL and have never had issues with other people being friends or something more.

,You should get that caps lock key checked, it's misbehaving.  

Bella this for you.  I do not voice everyday more people type more then voice. know one should be forced. Many people can not voice do to disbillity or speech and background thing is someone to respect and understand we all have a story. Until someone walks in your shoes but many can see but some do not see in this way til to late. But my wokds speaking for those that type. I have empatic feeling how people are I read them from the aura of who they not going to ask what the real is that know ones business best to share less unless someone earns you trust you share a bit.   Only a perv asks someone to cam and voice this not in mature manner as gets old. Sl not based on cam this more of typing world when sl was  made did have voice til a few years later.  So express yourself how you want to not how others are be you don't change for anyone. 

I am typist I am silent  like silent film but I have feelings and  emotion you can feel with energy. I like it this  way of being a mystery this the way I express myself with words. But for me to unpack my bags more words you simply going to have earn my trust and heart to give you a key to unlock it.  

I enjoy this world even as a typist we have filled poetic minds forgotten languages we want to have adventure and explore this world also.  Good conversation over coffee , Sky diving , Dancing to the music  ,  We might be the silent kind but this way  I am  its  just how I am so you have to understand me but once you get to know me you will forget the rest understand that energy and feeling has a meaning to it. 

P.S Some people just need to learn to love to be able to respect them self to another they ask silly things and demands for thier happiness but really this not happiness this just the wrong kind of energy in the end respect are self and another we learn we don't need things to get to know someone we can do the right way like getting in the mnd earning respect not forceing anything.  Know your value keep that value to the high value you are you can say no to people don't have ot say anything just walk away the universe will direct you some where else keep that aura field up just smile know your worth. 

My name is no, my sign is no, my number is no

Edited by Christina Mysterious
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/17/2020 at 11:45 PM, BellaLman said:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN TEXT ONLY!! NO VOICE NO CAM ?

See, it wasn't so hard to make friends.

Just by posting here what you are looking for in Second Life you already found at least 10 people that enjoy typing and you fellows are compatible.

Now all you have to do is contact each other in world, meet and have fun together. Out of nowhere you just got yourself 10 new friends. Cheers.

tenor.gif?itemid=13752093

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

She works at Exhale, an EDM club which I ASSUME involves DJs streaming music.  She's in a work environment where people don't have voice enabled at all, if standards serve me correctly.  So, by that logic, maybe just continue to spend time there, and places LIKE there?  Live music venues are in fact awesome for dodging voice/cam requests.  Nobody wants to talk over the music, and you're there to dance, not to stare at each other on Skype.  

The grid is FULL of places like this.  But something tells me this is a girl spurned by some fellow or another who left her hanging when she said she wouldn't voice or cam.  Which is kind of a d*ck move, but SL doesn't pretend to be some safe space from that.  People want the real sometimes, and sometimes people don't care about that.  You'll find plenty of the latter if you just look.

• Like 1

Some tips for all those people who "feel confusion and anger" because they can't seem to find the right people who "fit them" either as friends or as dates. Instead of wasting your time trying to socialize and fit in with whoever is in your radar range , i hear that the best thing to do is.. "Write some info in your profile of what you are looking for and what you like."

So if you are a woman looking for women you could write, "Hello beautiful people of SL, I like women so if you are a man i just saved you some time, we can be friends though! Giggles."

If you are woman that only wants to interact with text you can write "Oh hai Sweetie Pie! Thank you for reading my profile. I only use text chat and will not Voice or Cam.  Feel free to IM me! "

Nice and neat and a very easy thing to do.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I don't voice or cam, ever.  It's a boundary agreed upon by me and my RL hubby.  I have on both my SL page and my 1st Life page my no cam no voice boundary.  

I've seen many people in SL with their communication preference indicated on their profile.  I know not to bother anyone whose preferences do not align with my own.  In fact, there's a lot you can learn about someone from their profile, even if it's practically bare.

So here are my suggestions:

1.  Fill out your profile, even if it's just a little bit.

2.  Look for groups and places that speak to your interests.

3.  Read the profiles of people in the same groups as you.

4.  Read the profiles of people in the sim you're in.

• Like 1

Reminds me of an old saying... If everywhere you go smells funny, you may need to check the bottom of your shoes.

There are lots of people on the grid that don't voice. If you're not meeting them, you may need to try some new locations.

• Like 3
On 8/19/2020 at 5:31 AM, Talula Shippe said:

She works at Exhale, an EDM club which I ASSUME involves DJs streaming music.  She's in a work environment where people don't have voice enabled at all, if standards serve me correctly.  So, by that logic, maybe just continue to spend time there, and places LIKE there?  Live music venues are in fact awesome for dodging voice/cam requests.  Nobody wants to talk over the music, and you're there to dance, not to stare at each other on Skype.  

The grid is FULL of places like this.  But something tells me this is a girl spurned by some fellow or another who left her hanging when she said she wouldn't voice or cam.  Which is kind of a d*ck move, but SL doesn't pretend to be some safe space from that.  People want the real sometimes, and sometimes people don't care about that.  You'll find plenty of the latter if you just look.

I start having this problem when I started working at Exhale btw.. I met a guy at Exhale who I felt in love with and before starting our relationship I clearly told him that I don't use Voice & Cam and he seemed okay with it..but after a while being together he starts asking me if he can see me '' CAM '' but I refused that then he just start forcing me to do so and we break up because of this ''voice&cam'' thing

AND the 2 friends I have do voice too, I don't know what's the problem why I keep meeting people interested in voice more than text!!!

I.liked voice somewhere in 2012-2014.when I was hanging out at gay beach and liked to listen what others say(my English was awful back then,so I was practising,lol). Now I don't voice or cam,because my friends don't need it too,anyway my voice sounds like from Miley Cyrus current song:) never do anything if simeone force you,just rrelax and enjoy your sl:)

• Like 1
On 8/17/2020 at 4:45 PM, BellaLman said:

( SORRY IF IT'S NOT THE RIGHT PLACE TO TALK ABOUT THIS BUT IT'S RELATED TO RELATIONSHIPS 

I CAN'T FIND SOMEONE THAT UNDERSTANDS BECAUSE OF THE VOICE-CAM THING) 

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN TEXT ONLY!! NO VOICE NO CAM ?

I'm almost a YEAR playing Sl and i never EVER met someone that is not interested in voice or cam, why is that?? 

I'm a ( FEMALE ) both in RL & SL 

if i was talking to someone and i said that i don't voice they ignore me ??? hello???

I DON'T HAVE A MIC EVEN IF I DID HAVE IT I WONT BE ABLE TO TALK. RL SITUATION DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DO SO 

i don't have friends/ family/ boy-girlfriend! 

I feel UNWANTED wherever i go in SL ☹️ 

I'M PLAYING SECOND LIFE TO ESCAPE FROM RL PROBLEMS - I DON'T WANT THEM IN THE GAME TOO 

I've been around for +10 yrs now and I've had a few 'relationships' in SL.  In none of them has anyone insisted on voice or cam.  Maybe it's because I keep a definitive line between my 2 worlds.  I've texted outside of SL and occasionally chatted on voice but not in SL.  Of course, these relationships also developed over time.  Months and even one that developed over almost a year.  None of my friends insist on voice either although they do use it.  I've set my limits as far as this goes and they respect my choice.  If someone doesn't, they wouldn't be a very good friend, would they?  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, BellaLman said:

I start having this problem when I started working at Exhale btw.. I met a guy at Exhale who I felt in love with...

Called it.

2 hours ago, BellaLman said:

I don't know what's the problem why I keep meeting people interested in voice more than text!!!

Fill out your profile for what you want, I think that's the best advice I've seen in this thread thus far.  I see you took your RL pic off, and the harsh wording.  That's a good start!  Be approachable, friendly, and CLEAR about your expectations, and I'm sure you'll meet more people who share your take on no voice/cam.  Because believe me, there are PLENTY of those folks on the grid.  I hope you find them.

• Thanks 2

The only people that really ever have asked me, were horny people.. hehehe

Not all horny people asked, but those who did were all horny..

I have voiced in the past, but now that my husband is home more and my kids are older, I don't.. Some of those group voice sessions, anything can be said with people popping in and out.. plus I've had people that started off as just talking and would start flirting or saying things that if my husband heard those, my SL life would be over for good..

Now, I just don't at all anymore, mainly because when I'm home and on SL, My husband is usually sleeping in the bed just on the other side of the room.. I have to turn on soft music just so my typing doesn't wake him up..

If I don't , then the keys on the keyboard sound so loud like I'm mining for coal or something.. hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 8/20/2020 at 7:45 PM, Panteleeva said:

I.liked voice somewhere in 2012-2014.when I was hanging out at gay beach and liked to listen what others say(my English was awful back then,so I was practising,lol). Now I don't voice or cam,because my friends don't need it too,anyway my voice sounds like from Miley Cyrus current song:) never do anything if simeone force you,just rrelax and enjoy your sl:)

Same here, more or less.
Around 10 years ago i voiced occasionally with a few friends while hanging in sandboxes, having smalltalk or getting a lessons in how to build things.
These days, after i had to find out im too silly and too lazy to build mesh objects, sometimes im getting into adventures i wouldnt necessarily dare to try in RL. I would be way too shy to use voice, and im not keen on listening to the other party either.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Caroline Takeda said:

Weird.

I hardly ever voice and it is very rare that somebody asks  me to.

It’s usually more prevalent on sexitimes sims or clubs where there is live music/singing, a little less so in hang outs. Which begs the question, if someone doesn’t voice, why hang out on sims where it’s enabled?
At some point, someone that voices is going to approach and ask why no voice or do you voice. That’s almost always an awkward situation. It’s kind of setting yourself up for disaster.

I know this may sound odd and I dont think like this but it may be because of your SL name.  With man at the end.  I knew a girl with the name bowman as part of her SL name.   She would have guys ask her for pics and voice because of man in the name.  I thought it was stupid

Personally, I don’t care one whit about Voice or Cam.

Voice is a problem for me due to disability following an early-life stroke/brain injury. SL is my “reprieve” from having to deal with this issue out in the real world

Cam....I just didn’t care. I’m not planning to hook up in RL with anyone from the Internet, so all I need to know is how they choose to appear while in SL.

*If anything* I think Voice harmed the SL Community.

If you;’re about to type something heinous, you have a monument to consider it before you hit “enter”.

On Voice, whatever rant a person was on gets “out there” unfiltered.

My Partner and I have been texting in SL for right at 15 years (counting our Original avatars).

I like to think that the reason we’ve lasted that long, was that crucial “stop and think” before one of us said something unforgivable.

So yes, some of us just don’t care.......

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294e8deaeda5f58c720d

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 10:45 PM, BellaLman said:

( SORRY IF IT'S NOT THE RIGHT PLACE TO TALK ABOUT THIS BUT IT'S RELATED TO RELATIONSHIPS 

I CAN'T FIND SOMEONE THAT UNDERSTANDS BECAUSE OF THE VOICE-CAM THING) 

I'm almost a YEAR playing Sl and i never EVER met someone that is not interested in voice or cam, why is that?? 

I'm a ( FEMALE ) both in RL & SL 

if i was talking to someone and i said that i don't voice they ignore me ??? hello???

I DON'T HAVE A MIC EVEN IF I DID HAVE IT I WONT BE ABLE TO TALK. RL SITUATION DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DO SO 

i don't have friends/ family/ boy-girlfriend! 

I feel UNWANTED wherever i go in SL ☹️ 

I'M PLAYING SECOND LIFE TO ESCAPE FROM RL PROBLEMS - I DON'T WANT THEM IN THE GAME TOO 

Those people are typically people you wouldn't want to be around anyway: They are looking for someone they can ask to move in with them at some later point in time.

Avoid transactional peoples like that like you would avoid the plague.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Me. I don't like voice. English is my second language and I have a hard time understanding spoken english.

Other than that, I like to play with my female and my male alt (I'm female). I believe it's a game, I roleplay and I'm not really interested in the real person behind the avatar I'm talking to. But I do talk, if needed and if I'm able to understand the person.

I'm going to play devil's advocate.

When I see "No voice / no cam / no pics" in a profile, I instantly think you are hiding something.  Yes I know people have their reasons, and sure, it can be a disability or an agreed limit with a RL partner or you just don't want to break the "fantasy" of SL.  But it can also be because you ARE hiding something.  Most of us can tell a story about how the bride turned out to have a weiner or that the lesbians turned out to be only lesbians trapped in a male body. 

Is voicing a deal breaker?  For some people if they are getting seriously involved with someone, it can be, and doing a "Hi it's me, see...I'm a girl!" is usually all they need.  Takes 5 seconds.  I have voice verified for jobs and that's all they required.  If they push for more, well then you may need to think about why you are with them.

Personally, doesn't bother me.  I will voice usually when I'm busy doing stuff and can't be blowed interrupting to type a response - usually when picture taking.  Other times I'm not in the mood and just say "naah not today."  I'm nosy about accents and how people sound, so that's the main reason why I like it.  But it's not a friendship dealbreaker.

• Like 1