IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT VOICE OR CAM IN SL ???

( SORRY IF IT'S NOT THE RIGHT PLACE TO TALK ABOUT THIS BUT IT'S RELATED TO RELATIONSHIPS 

I CAN'T FIND SOMEONE THAT UNDERSTANDS BECAUSE OF THE VOICE-CAM THING) 

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN TEXT ONLY!! NO VOICE NO CAM ?

I'm almost a YEAR playing Sl and i never EVER met someone that is not interested in voice or cam, why is that?? 

I'm a ( FEMALE ) both in RL & SL 

if i was talking to someone and i said that i don't voice they ignore me ??? hello???

I DON'T HAVE A MIC EVEN IF I DID HAVE IT I WONT BE ABLE TO TALK. RL SITUATION DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DO SO 

i don't have friends/ family/ boy-girlfriend! 

I feel UNWANTED wherever i go in SL ☹️ 

I'M PLAYING SECOND LIFE TO ESCAPE FROM RL PROBLEMS - I DON'T WANT THEM IN THE GAME TOO 

Edited by BellaLman
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been here 12 years and don't think anyone has ever asked me to voice or cam. Something's amiss here, Bella. A quick look at your profile suggests what it is. You've posted a RL picture of an

,You should get that caps lock key checked, it's misbehaving.  

I've never used voice or cam in SL and have never had issues with other people being friends or something more.

In many ways voice is more direct and clear, and it is harder to hide who you are via voice. For a lot of people seeking a relationship voice is a must because they are opening up a lot of vulnerability to someone. Obviously there's no need for anyone to be a jerk about it though. 

But you can still find friends and connections without voice. They're out there! Look for voice-free clubs. 

• Like 1

I've been here 12 years and don't think anyone has ever asked me to voice or cam. Something's amiss here, Bella.

A quick look at your profile suggests what it is. You've posted a RL picture of an attractive young woman, then admonish people that your RL is nobody's business. Then why on Earth post your picture?

You reap what you sow?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The answer is a definitive YES! Its weird because I usually have the opposite problem. I'm quite lazy, so I actually prefer to voice when I can. And very often there's nobody around to voice with! I find most people have stuff going on in their RL so its tricky to jump on mic etc. 

Tbh, I would be very wary of anyone who instantly asks to voice with you (not to mention cam!). That's normally only something I think you'd do with someone who you've already met and formed some sort of rapport with? So yeah, a bit of a red flag to me. Without knowing more detail I suspect you probably need to find new sims to hang out in! 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Bitterthorn said:

In many ways voice is more direct and clear, and it is harder to hide who you are via voice. For a lot of people seeking a relationship voice is a must because they are opening up a lot of vulnerability to someone. Obviously there's no need for anyone to be a jerk about it though. 

But you can still find friends and connections without voice. They're out there! Look for voice-free clubs. 

both voice and cam can be faked.. so it doesn't really indicate if the person you are talking to or viewing is actually male or female. so anyone that uses that excuse is doing that just using an excuse..

• Like 1

Hmmm as far as i know you could try Amazon or a Gorean sim and you would be fine. People there don't ask for voice or cam and as long as you like that RP you will have plenty of friends. Now if you are looking for a boyfriend well i got news for you, many other women are also looking so don't expect much (you never know though).

• Confused 1

In over 11 years in SL, I've only used voice a few times, and mostly in the last year. The places I use voice are for discussion groups that are held in voice. I've never attended one that didn't allow text replies though. (I've attended a few that were poorly managed, and text replies got ignored when they shouldn't have.) I have never cammed.

The only time I have been asked is in very specific situations... and the answer is still no (even if I had a camera, which I don't, the answer would be no). 

So, if that is ALL you are getting hit with, something ain't right. I'm too lazy to look at your profile. But it could also be where you are hanging out.

• Like 3

Yes there are many who do not care of cam and voice, although there are some who do because they want to play peek a boo!

I care about masks because this protects my face against walls

I don't voice and have no problems finding people who also don't voice. yes i do encounter a lot of guys who want me to, When they get to obnoxious about it I just block them and move on.

• Like 3

Text is associated with a very deep history of online chat and MUSHes/MUDs. It is the traditional means of communication and socialization of the Internet. It can be referred back to later if there's any uncertainty as to what was said or when, which is important if you're dealing with a master manipulator and a gaslighter filling the role of rotten patriarch and top predator in a community. Voice can also be a lot more difficult to process than text-on-page for neurodivergent individuals if there's more than one individual speaking or a lot of voice activity in the area, but it can also be challenging for people who speak your language as a second language or who rely upon machine translation to participate in this global community. Voice can be a great burden and strain if it doesn't seem to fit the avatar that best embodies who you are, and some people are just shy, you know.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, PixieGirrrrl said:

... I'm quite lazy, so I actually prefer to voice when I can.

Nods...

tumblr_n341kp4eos1sqoeiio1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

why not enjoy both worlds. use a speech to text application.. and a text to speech application..

speak and have it converted to text.. and then use another that converts what they say back to speech.. 

:P

Hahaha doesn't work so well for my language!

Edited by Nick0678
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, BellaLman said:

( SORRY IF IT'S NOT THE RIGHT PLACE TO TALK ABOUT THIS BUT IT'S RELATED TO RELATIONSHIPS 

I CAN'T FIND SOMEONE THAT UNDERSTANDS BECAUSE OF THE VOICE-CAM THING) 

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN TEXT ONLY!! NO VOICE NO CAM ?

I'm almost a YEAR playing Sl and i never EVER met someone that is not interested in voice or cam, why is that?? 

I'm a ( FEMALE ) both in RL & SL 

if i was talking to someone and i said that i don't voice they ignore me ??? hello???

I DON'T HAVE A MIC EVEN IF I DID HAVE IT I WONT BE ABLE TO TALK. RL SITUATION DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO DO SO 

i don't have friends/ family/ boy-girlfriend! 

I feel UNWANTED wherever i go in SL ☹️ 

I'M PLAYING SECOND LIFE TO ESCAPE FROM RL PROBLEMS - I DON'T WANT THEM IN THE GAME TOO 

Obviously there are people who don't care about voice/cam. If you have trouble finding such people, go to regions where voice is disabled.

• Like 6

You must be hanging out at the wrong places and chat with the wrong people there. I've been in SL for around ten years and can only join in on what others have said: Voice and cam requriements have never been an active issue for me. There are at least as many people in SL who do not use both, than those that would prefer it. They few times I ran into people who where a little pushy on the voice part, it where men who where looking for something sexual.

• Like 1

Everyones  got a story why they are here we all do many have the same situation but diffren't you don't need to unpack your suitcase give everyone copy's. Bella is a typist writer. 

You just need to find people that are like you that just like to have type have great conversation.  Emote kind with typing. Second life yes is a getaway. 

You like to have great conversation keep it in typeing mode emoteing intrest only. This is a getway I am here for a vaction an have fun arn't you. So guys so intilited with cam and voice hit a light socket.      Conversation does start getting in to the mind it can be a feeling and energy you don't have to be voice kind I have ran in to people that just like to type.  Its your SL you choose what you want it to be know one can force tell them bye bye. 

They really have to love a typist or they will not understand you. 

Edited by Christina Mysterious

Yes it is possible you can join us in space

Some of us have no genitals, no face, and we like wearing black maybe we are goths shrugs
We like to type and we like to do strange things in space because that is how we roll 💫

This is a virtual world, game, chatroom, dating place or name it whatever you like but fact is for each person has a different meaning.

That means if you are looking for people to have a chat with (aka online 'friends") you will find plenty and nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. No person on the whole planet can actually force another to do something if they don't want to do it. It's a personal choice to do something or not and either fit or not with others.

Now lets go to the part where NORMAL people are indeed looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend and not playing silly ego games, there needs to be some sort of ATTRACTION.

Saying "Hello i am a woman/man, how are you today, i 'd like to have you as a boyfriend or girlfriend and spend many hours online with you talking about our random stuff and doing things because i have plenty of spare time but you will never hear my voice and never see who i am. It sounds interesting huh lets date!" doesn't mean you have build the attraction to have a boyfriend or girlfriend because you want it that way and you said what your gender is.

Fact is you probably don't want a boyfriend or girlfriend you just want it "your way" with people.. So best thing to do is find those who are tolerant or similar to that way.

Everyone has the right to choose what they want to do in SL but don't expect other people to play along and accept that an antisocial approach (for whatever reason) is the right one.

Like it or not and regardless if someone agrees things are very simple and it is difficult to develop attraction for another person out of thin air. That's the way it goes, SL or RL.

(*Of course EVERYONE can easily have an RP boyfriend/girlfriend in one of the Gorean sims or other RP places where only typing and an appropriate look is necessary)

• Like 2

If you’ve spent a full year not meeting a single person who didn’t need voice or cam, it’s difficult not to think you must be looking in the wrong places and/or ways. I don’t voice or cam, and I have more friends than I know what to do with. I’m not special, so I assume it is indeed not difficult to meet such people.

Go to places where there either is no voice, or there is but it’s clearly pointed out that it’s optional and no one is obligated to use it. London City comes to mind, despite the occasional self-entitled jerks who pretty much demand that everyone else voices, since they do. Those rarely last, by the way, because jerks will be jerks, and they quickly earn treatment in kind.

Also, look at this in a positive way: since they ignore you, they’re basically informing you that they’re not worth your attention, either. They’re saving you the time you’d otherwise spend on on them before realizing that. I never say no to time-savers.

• Like 6