Monopoly? Here, Let me forcefeed you.

PekeNL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Idk. Using the updated VD and the message comes up once a while in general chat and can easily be ignored like any other ad one encounters on the internet. Hardly an annoyance to me. 

As a product it still functions correctly. 

9 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Idk. Using the updated VD and the message comes up once a while in general chat and can easily be ignored like any other ad one encounters on the internet. Hardly an annoyance to me. 

As a product it still functions correctly. 

even once is too much for some people.

just wait until she decides to make it show up more.

yes it can be ignored but it should not have to be at all.. it should be able to be disabled where it never does that to begin with if the wearer doesn't want it.

• Like 1

Here is the thing, when a creator makes a product, any feature in that item usually is assumed by the consumer, that the  feature will be used for news and updates re-guarding that said item. When the creator of a script uses that feature for their own propaganda it tends to annoy the  recipients and in the end it is consumer duping basically. Yes you can turn off the feature, but it is not really about turning it off, never was. Clothing, Texturing HUDS,, shoes and other worn items do spam you with the starting up announcement to let the account holder know their worn item is talking to the viewer so it works properly.. annoying yes, I wish that never started personally, its irritating AF. But the diff between the said collar and those HUD messages is the collar is someones personal propaganda and it is  shoved down peoples throats, yes, I have seen the group chats, cyber bullying at it's best  and when one starts, the rest of the clique follows right behind them as if it some sort of self importance acceptance award "Here use my product and deal with MY personal agenda to save the world from my PC" THAT'S what customers get annoyed about. I have sat back and watched the whole mess with a thin lip and a deep thought. I feel real bad for the direction the whole mess has become, it's a shame humans have to resort to such tactics.

We all read the news, we all go out and live out in the world, we all know the situations but when we sit down at our PC and log into SL it is our way of de-stressing, some play vid games, some play with out children, some write music, play music, some sleep, some drink, but in every thing over all we do we do not want something shoved in our faces that we just need a break from.

If you don't like something, don't use it, don't support it, don't let someone decide what your SL is.

I make peanut collars, I spent my RL money on the dev kit, mesh collars, uploaded hundreds of textures at 10L a pop, custom made collars for PR work, I have spend hours at my PC, just like the script maker to bring a wonderful product to my MP customers, who loved what I had created. How ever given the fact of the collars spam my customers with unwelcomed, unwanted personal propaganda of someone they don't even know, even if they can turn it it off, I have pulled all of my collars off my MP store, I have decided the loss of revenue is worth the preservation of my reputation. I have a responsibility to those who pay me money to receive a item, I can not longer show my support for a product that fails my customers and I refuse to be associated with the drama so I am socially distancing from a toxic situation. I listen to my customers and their input, suggestions, ideas, improvements and COMPLAINTS do not go unheeded.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

So, it amounts to unsolicited preaching.  In other words, it is self-righteousness.  It is self-absorption.  And, as such, you can see it doesn't care about you, the recipient.  It's all about the sender.

but! but! but! you is my sub. I am dominate you. You is not my pet !!

😸

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

So, it amounts to unsolicited preaching.  In other words, it is self-righteousness.  It is self-absorption.  And, as such, you can see it doesn't care about you, the recipient.  It's all about the sender.

As I understand it the messages are about human rights, climate change etc. So to say they are signalling they don't care about their customers is to ascribe an unlikely intent to them.

For many it is signalling that they do care not just about their customers but about wider issues in society they feel strongly about. They aren't the only company doing that Ben and Jerry's were recently in the news for contributing to the immigration debate.

What she might be signalling is that she is prepared to lose customers with values that don't correspond to hers, but I guess she has done a calculation that the messages are too important to keep quiet about and that many will respond positively to the message that she shares their values.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

As I understand it the messages are about human rights, climate change etc. So to say they are signalling they don't care about their customers is to ascribe an unlikely intent to them.

She could just make a separate group to talk about rl things and invite her customer base to join if they are into that. That would be the more courteous thing to do, imo.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

For many it is signalling that they do care not just about their customers but about wider issues in society they feel strongly about.

Yes but propaganda has never solved any problems, it just escalates conflicts.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Many of not all her customers will live in democracies which depend not just on universal suffrage, but also on an informed and educated electorate.  Campaigning and sharing of information on topics of importance essential for the health of society and of the individual. Ideally everyone would be reading balanced articles and scholarly papers to form their opinions, but that still leaves a place for shorter more focused reading. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

She could just make a separate group to talk about rl things and invite her customer base to join if they are into that. That would be the more courteous thing to do, imo.

It would perhaps be better to do that. But my point is that whilst her approach comes with negatives it also comes with positives. People love to find fault in others actions,  but ultimately it is their product and their group. They aren't doing anything against any rules, their motivation seems responsible, constructive and sincere.  We are in exceptional times and if she feels she can't in good conscience remain silent, then that judgment is down to her

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

My impression is that there's a few more intellectuals in your neck of the woods, but unfortunately propaganda does work in the US. In fact, it's one of the main causes of Trump's election as our right-wing factions have used this method of spreading information skillfully. Too many believe what comes out of their favorite celebrity's mouth over information from scholars, scientists, and reputable news sources.

Personally, I'd like to think I'm immune from propaganda, but if someone I admired championed a cause I hadn't investigated in detail there's a good chance I'd take a 2nd look at that cause.

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

We are in exceptional times and if she feels she can't in good conscience remain silent, then that judgment is down to her

I think it's great that she's choosing what she believes will make the world a better place over monetary gain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

My impression is that there's a few more intellectuals in your neck of the woods, but unfortunately propaganda does work in the US. In fact, it's one of the main causes of Trump's election as our right-wing factions have used this method of spreading information skillfully. Too many believe what comes out of their favorite celebrity's mouth over information from scholars, scientists, and reputable news sources.

Personally, I'd like to think I'm immune from propaganda, but if someone I admired championed a cause I hadn't investigated in detail there's a good chance I'd take a 2nd look at that cause.

Also the ones using it on the other side as well had their own propaganda work against themselves thinking they had it in the bag.. Telling their side that their candidate was a 90% chance to win, kept a lot of people home..

If there ever was a time to prove polls were wrong on either side, it was that election year.. That was such a crazy year all around.. hehehe

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think it's great that she's choosing what she believes will make the world a better place over monetary gain.

If it was just that, it probably wouldn't be so bad, but from what I've seen, it's other stuff as well that sits on the edge of drama..

I won't go into what it is because the last one I remember wasn't too bad and they don't really repeat over and over..

She can do what she want's , it's her world her imagination.. Just as we can in our world as well..

If it was non stop spam, I would have dropped it before this thread even got started..But it's once in awhile you get some message on general chat, like when you log in..

It usually gets mixed in with all my stuff that loads when I log on anyways.. hehehehe

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Also the ones using it on the other side as well had their own propaganda work against themselves thinking they had it in the bag.. Telling their side that their candidate was a 90% chance to win, kept a lot of people home..

Definitely an unfortunate dynamic in that election. I don't think the progressive side has learned to use propaganda as successfully as the other.

Edited by Luna Bliss

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
35 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

If it was non stop spam, I would have dropped it before this thread even got started..But it's once in awhile you get some message on general chat, like when you log in..

Yes, for me if the messages were excessive I'd take issue with it, even if the messages were for worthy causes. But a bit here and there wouldn't bother me.

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Definitely an unfortunate dynamic in that election. I don't think the progressive side has learned to use propaganda as successfully as the other.

I know, because they are doing the same exact thing again..

They need to make it sound like it's much closer or even might be  behind to draw more people out..

They'll screw the pooch again if they don't stop spinning their wheels..

hehehe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes, for me if the messages were excessive I'd take issue with it, even if the messages were for worthy causes. But a bit here and there wouldn't bother me.

The one the other day about an oil spill wasn't really even that bad at all..

I went looking around the other day for other collars and stuff.. But  it's been a few days now and haven't seen another since.. So really  a lot of the stuff at the start of my log in gets buried pretty quick anyways..

I don't want to end up redoing all my folders and whatever else I would have to do, just for a notice once in a great while..

It would be more a pain in the butt to redo all that stuff, than some random message every now and then would be..

So it's the lessor of the two evils when all it takes is to scroll down to get rid of it..hehehehe

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
32 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I know, because they are doing the same exact thing again..

They need to make it sound like it's much closer or even might be  behind to draw more people out..

They'll screw the pooch again if they don't stop spinning their wheels..

Which makes me wonder, was what the progressive side did in that election actually propaganda? It more seems like it was just what they believed via poll stats.   And is what the collar sales person doing actually propaganda? It seems it is if we only consider that it's "information", but usually when we use the term 'propaganda' we are implying the information is more manipulative and even deceptive.

Propaganda

Propaganda is communication that is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, which may not be objective and may be presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.

Propaganda:
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
Edited by Luna Bliss

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Which makes me wonder, was what the progressive side did in that election actually propaganda? It more seems like it was just what they believed via poll stats.   And is what the collar sales person doing actually propaganda?

Propaganda

Propaganda is communication that is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, which may not be objective and may be presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is presented.

Propaganda:
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

I don't think the polls were actually saying 90%, where a lot of the media was..

All of them were pretty much saying it was in the bag..Even George Cloney was saying at a press conference ..There is no way Donald Trump will be president..

Nobody believed he would be..

Hillary even missed the Mid west thinking those states were in the bag..

Only half way through election night did people start to say anything different from having it in the bag..

It was much more than just polls.. It was that whole side just being overconfident until they seen it slipping away..

I never in my right mind thought he had it until that night either..

The only thing I enjoyed out of that whole election was, Trump was pissing off everyone on both sides..Even the republicans were looking for a way for him to not be their man..Then he won and they all started like, He's our man.. hehehehe

I don't think even the republicans thought he stood a chance, to say the truth..xD

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Same here. I was in shock for several days, feeling like I was living in a surreal universe.

I didn't care for either of them..I was actually hoping the gorilla was running again..I was gonna vote for him..

Instead i just picked the most random one I could find.. hehehe

It was that or not vote at all, because I don't care for either of them, as a person..Politics really had nothing to do with how I voted in that election..

And from  the looks of the choices we have this time, politics won't have anything to do with my vote again, because i don't care for either again..

We keep having such poor options to choose from as time goes by..

Anyways, we should probably not take up too much of this thread.. our posts are more than likely gonna get deleted, now that i think of it..:$

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.