Monopoly? Here, Let me forcefeed you.

PekeNL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yea I'm using a Vd and just got a spam about an oil spill or something like that..

I like the collar itself, but if those messages get to where they start to annoy me I'll probably switch..

It's just in general chat anyways where i see it.. So I'm not too worried about it right now..

If they start to get political, I'll drop it like a bad habit..

oh it will.. she has gone off her rocker and become a political activist and uses her groups and discord and her products as her personal activist tools now. she even stopped updating her products and removed her updaters and and other parts to her product line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

It was quite entertaining to watch though. :P

kind of tragic really. she had some good ideas and made some interesting changes over time but she did it the wrong way by trying to take and open source project and make it closed sourced for profit with her premium scripts and then making a lot of the core scripts no mod as well. where only she had power over them and what was in them.

something that was totally against the spirit and idea of what OC was meant to be. that the scripts were always meant to be full permission for the core collar that the only thing you ever paid for was the collars themselves and not the scripts inside them.

and to anyone wanting to know there are several different kinds of collar creators and scripting systems to use. Mars collars.. MD.. RR.. the old Icontrol system and several others.. some are not updated anymore or as often as others.

so no one group really has a monopoly on the whole collar system in sl.

you could even use a doll key or a ns controller.. there are many other choices out there. there is even the new Whim system that has a promising outlook created by the developers of the Immersivity system a tf system.. found over at ~silenced~

10 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

oh it will.. she has gone off her rocker and become a political activist and uses her groups and discord and her products as her personal activist tools now. she even stopped updating her products and removed her updaters and and other parts to her product line.

What's a good one to get, because I should probably switch then if that's gonna end up happening.

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

What's a good one to get, because I should probably switch then if that's gonna end up happening.

you could look around and try other collar creators like MD or RR or even get the OC collars. just make sure to ask in group if they use the peanut scripts or OC scripts as their base scripts before buying.

look for and join OpenCollar they can provide you with a list of collar creators and designers.

there is a new system in the works called Whim you can find it on the mp. its completely different then oc or vd and has its own potential.

6 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

you could look around and try other collar creators like MD or RR or even get the OC collars. just make sure to ask in group if they use the peanut scripts or OC scripts as their base scripts before buying.

look for and join OpenCollar they can provide you with a list of collar creators and designers.

there is a new system in the works called Whim you can find it on the mp. its completely different then oc or vd and has its own potential.

I was reading on that Whim one.. I might give it a try.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was reading on that Whim one.. I might give it a try.

if you want to be a doll. there are various doll key creators.

if you want to try being a robot.. there are various robot controllers. like ns or acs or I think nuerolab had one too.

my collar is an oc+vd hybrid. it has a few features of each. one of them being that even with an owner added I still have control over my collar and cannot be force-able removed from it. unlike current oc collars and many other collars. where once you add a collar owner you basically loose control over what can be done with it unless they add you to it..

whim is more based around the tf(transformation play basis) but has some collar similarities, but its still in its early stages. i have a whim collar.. icontrol collar.. vd collar..oc collar..a doll key..a ns controller.

if you just want to be able to be captured or kidnapped there is the sin-t system or other similar system. some gor sims have their own combat system which has a collar.. so when you loose the combat the victor can claim your collar.

lots of choices out there for what ever your desire may be.

58 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Over the years several people and groups have made their own OC style collars and script systems completely independently of OpenCollar. I don't think OpenCollar was even the first. Most are gone but some of them are still on the market and still maintained.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Over the years several people and groups have made their own OC style collars and script systems completely independently of OpenCollar. I don't think OpenCollar was even the first. Most are gone but some of them are still on the market and still maintained.

oc just became one of the more popular and well known brands. 

yes there was the old icontrol.. the chain of command scripts.. lots of different systems.

24 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

if you want to be a doll. there are various doll key creators.

if you want to try being a robot.. there are various robot controllers. like ns or acs or I think nuerolab had one too.

my collar is an oc+vd hybrid. it has a few features of each. one of them being that even with an owner added I still have control over my collar and cannot be force-able removed from it. unlike current oc collars and many other collars. where once you add a collar owner you basically loose control over what can be done with it unless they add you to it..

whim is more based around the tf(transformation play basis) but has some collar similarities, but its still in its early stages. i have a whim collar.. icontrol collar.. vd collar..oc collar..a doll key..a ns controller.

if you just want to be able to be captured or kidnapped there is the sin-t system or other similar system. some gor sims have their own combat system which has a collar.. so when you loose the combat the victor can claim your collar.

lots of choices out there for what ever your desire may be.

I just really like my current one for changing clothes and rezzing my huds on my screen and like the utilities of it..

I don't really do any of those other things.. I just like the having everything push button rather than going into my inventory all the time.

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just really like my current one for changing clothes and rezzing my huds on my screen and like the utilities of it..

I don't really do any of those other things.. I just like the having everything push button rather than going into my inventory all the time.

then a simple oc collar would work well for you. get one of their new 7.5 collars you can ask in group inworld and people can point you to the right place to get even just a simple looking one for those purposes.

hell you can even turn a pair of ear rings or necklace into one if that is what is wanted. or make it a simple hidden object that only you have access too. no visible collar or other items.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Until OC edged them out (at the time) there was also the Tokkon (think I spelled that one right) system by Xcite.

tokkon and tokkon 2 which had the ability to use web api to control things from the web. so an owner didnt even need to be logged in world to do things to their sub/slave/pet.

a few of the collar creators once went that direction.

some even had databases that prevented or made it harder for the sub/slave/pet to ever runaway and escape without basically having to toss the collar and buy a new one.

Doesn't the new oc have a vanilla option in the menu?

Vanilla: This was highly demanded by users for a long time. With this mode active, the wearer has full Owner access rights also while other avatars are already added as Owners. The Vanilla mode can only be set by the wearer of the collar, others get "Access denied!"

Edited by RowanMinx

25 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Doesn't the new oc have a vanilla option in the menu?

Vanilla: This was highly demanded by users for a long time. With this mode active, the wearer has full Owner access rights also while other avatars are already added as Owners. The Vanilla mode can only be set by the wearer of the collar, others get "Access denied!"

no it no longer has that. they removed it when they went to 7.5. now you have to add yourself as owner to the collar by the add menu in the access list.

that particular version was in the vd collars.. at one point oc did add something similar in their 7.2 version but then decided to remove it. which I disagree with and why I never upgraded my collar beyond 7.3 hybrid which still has that functionality and probably never will.

i use whim or other systems for my outfit management and not the collar. the new 7.5 folders and outfits is not tempting enough to me to ever need to upgrade to it.

that was one of the major improvements to safety and consent that vd made over oc in my opinion. but guess oc has its own view on that idea.

another issue with the new oc collars it doesn't have a relay installed by default anymore. you have to use a hud or install it separately. plus you can have your safeword turned off in the collar or the relay. which is totally catering to abusive means in my opinion. causing lots of unneeded drama and aggravation with people. because some think its cheating to have or use a safeword. or that using a safeword should be a punishable offense.. which is completely contrary to what bdsm is about.

in fact most current collars even whim allow that.. so you might often find yourself having to runaway or log out of rlv to get away from narcissistic or abusive or domineering or misogynistic dominants.

many collars even allow the runaway feature to be removed.. and even oc is considering adding that at some point.. when that was a premium script by vd called heartcore at one point.

so yeah you have to be a lot more careful on who you trust or add to your collars and if you accept a collar given to you by someone else because you never know how they may have modified it and all the drama and frustration or aggravation it may cause.

a bit too much catering to the idea of being helpless or powerless.. aka abuse-able and usable and easily taken advantage of. or having to just accept the consequences and having no choice beyond logging out of the viewer.. that you have to or should just deal with it and flow with it and accept it.. which again is contrary to how bdsm really works.

which is why most rl bdsm communities laugh if you mention sl bdsm as your experience since its nothing like rl bdsm for the most part.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

25 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

which is why most rl bdsm communities laugh if you mention sl bdsm as your experience since its nothing like rl bdsm for the most part.

No? At least the part you described is very similar. Namely, "if your partner is an *****, you're going to have a bad time".

The specifics of the equipment matter far less.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

No? At least the part you described is very similar. Namely, "if your partner is an *****, you're going to have a bad time".

The specifics of the equipment matter far less.

sl bdsm caters more to abusive tactics then what rl bdsm does. in most dungeons or playrooms most of what is allowed or tried here would never fly and the person would be told to leave. if reported to the community or local group they would be ousted and everyone would be warned.. but here its tolerated and people are even told to shut up about it that its ok. not to shame or point them out.

its not the right of an owner to ever punish for using a safeword or say you cant have one or cant have limits but here that is totally acceptable in a lot of the groups.

having no safeword or no limits is not safe by any means ever. even in online virtual bdsm play. no matter how much you claim you trust or respect your dom/master/owner...

the specifics of the equipment matter a lot because of what it allows to be done and the idea behind it of how it should be acceptable or tolerable or ok to do it.

with my collar I always have power over consent.. as it should be with bdsm. but when a collar or device can remove your safeword you loose that.. and that is not bdsm. that is abuse.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

I don't use any collar stuff, but found the creator's attitude of "it's my product, I can use it for any advertising that I want, even if you got your product without any spam in the first place" in one of the late huge drama threads pretty disgusting.

Off topic:

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just like the having everything push button rather than going into my inventory all the time.

OK, the changing clothes bit won't be covered by it, but if it's just about commonly used HUDs and such, Firestorm has that very handy "wearable favorites" option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I don't use any collar stuff, but found the creator's attitude of "it's my product, I can use it for any advertising that I want

You have given me an idea, Lillith -- thank you!   I'm going to repackage all my assembled gardens, placing a "SAVE MOTHER EARTH" sign above each one! Modifiable, of course, for ease of removal after purchase.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I don't use any collar stuff, but found the creator's attitude of "it's my product, I can use it for any advertising that I want, even if you got your product without any spam in the first place" in one of the late huge drama threads pretty disgusting.

Off topic:

OK, the changing clothes bit won't be covered by it, but if it's just about commonly used HUDs and such, Firestorm has that very handy "wearable favorites" option.

she has done this at various other times with her updates to try and make her product seem better then others. she even has tried to override the oc update stream to make others get her product updates instead.

that folder can be very handy for quick and easy hud adding and removing. i use it at times.

14 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

then a simple oc collar would work well for you. get one of their new 7.5 collars you can ask in group inworld and people can point you to the right place to get even just a simple looking one for those purposes.

hell you can even turn a pair of ear rings or necklace into one if that is what is wanted. or make it a simple hidden object that only you have access too. no visible collar or other items.

I'm just looking at all kinds now and trying out all the ones I come across, just  out of curiosity.. I didn't go into work tonight so I'm bored and exploring different ones..

I've used my other collar for a little over a year maybe, but never really learned a whole lot of what RLV is capable of.. So I'm gonna look into a bunch of them tonight and see if I can't learn more as I go..

Kinda glad I never updated my collars when the big bang happened. I mean, that propably comes with it's own set of consequences, but I use my collars for myself mostly and didn't experience anything bad yet. I didn't want to chose, I think both sides could've handled the situation better especially in regards to their costumers. 

Other than that, while I'll propably agree with her views, I do not agree with her methods. She's shooting herself in the foot, actually, because it drives most of the people away that she wants the messages to heed. The ones staying have likely already shared the views, so it's moot.

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm just looking at all kinds now and trying out all the ones I come across, just  out of curiosity.. I didn't go into work tonight so I'm bored and exploring different ones..

I've used my other collar for a little over a year maybe, but never really learned a whole lot of what RLV is capable of.. So I'm gonna look into a bunch of them tonight and see if I can't learn more as I go..

rlv can be used for a lot of things.. and can be very helpful with wardrobe management if that is all you want it for. but it has a lot of other features and uses too.

want to learn more about it.. well go look at any of these links

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.