Mesh mash

Zeotetra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Such as 5500L + just for a body and not forgetting clothing, skin, etc  raises the price even further

A range of mesh types depending on the budget and features could be good such as:

$ = Standard range = Basic mesh in the range with less features and less effects such as water drops etc
$$ = Enhanced range = Mesh with more features more effects
$$$ = Complete range = Mesh has all of the things you want in 1 convenient pack

Well from what I know of mesh making,  it takes incredible skill and a whole lot of time to make a decent mesh body no matter how basic and I can understand those who make mesh bodies need to be compensated for their time and work.  So a one time charge of about 5500L for a good body is not so much to ask.  It is when the body creator does a minor change or update and then charges that same fee of 5500L all over again to get the changes is where I draw the line.  Updates should be free.  As for effects like water drops etc.  those are usually skin options not actually part of the mesh.  

I'll agree that it can time considerable time to create mesh avatar, however many are not optimized resulting avatars in the hundred thousand +  to  millions + polygon count.
Multiple that by how many more who purchase this or similar, include outfits and all the extras and you get a not so great experience.

Here is a link its a year old and it is still valid
https://www.reddit.com/r/secondlife/comments/a42b4r/mesh_bodies_hurting_overall_sl_performance/

Should beauty cost as you say and strain the sim in the process, as much as i like to see jelly people it isn't what i'd hope 2020 poopfest fiesta

After taking a look around Slink have a good mesh body with the redux version at half the price and way lower polygon count than other creators at this current time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.