Problem: larger mesh props remain invisible

Furholio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Funny thing: No the Wireframe "fix" is not "100% Guaranteed" to cause seemingly unrezzed/missing objects to pop back into view.

Works for you? Great! Perhaps you didn't know that it doesn't work a hundred percent of the time - if it did, then personally I'd not have bothered to respond with the post you'd quoted.

For the problem listed (by the op) in that the texture is missing from the mesh which is still rezzed in world it does work. Not sure why it doesn't work for you, perhaps you have a different bug. However for every person in all threads where this fix has been suggested, for the op's specific case, all persons have come back saying it works 100% of the time.

I'll repeat just so you understand further. If a mesh or object is completely missing not rezzed in world, then no this fix wont work. However for the issue/bug where the mesh object still exists in world just invisible (ones where you right click the object or or attachments as in the ops case), then this fix does work100% of the time. I assume you have a different bug if it doesn't work for you.

I highly doubt the wireframe fix which forces a complete rerez of all mesh faces works for some people in exactly the same circumstances 100% of the time, over the past 10 years and not you. But maybe your just that special case.

• Haha 1

Drayke, the thread had expanded to cover more than just texture loading (and no, an object being physically present but not loading is not a texture issue - at all) by the time you'd responded to my post. Do try and understand that before responding again and acting as though I am not understanding your responses.

Enough is quite more than enough. It is very obvious that you are not understanding or are purposely ignoring the context.

You can continue to insist all you'd like otherwise - it really doesn't matter at this point. You can have the apparent (meaningless) 'win' you're so obviously craving.

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

Drayke, the thread had expanded to cover more than just texture loading (and no, an object being physically present but not loading is not a texture issue - at all) by the time you'd responded to my post. Do try and understand that before responding again and acting as though I am not understanding your responses.

Enough is quite more than enough. It is very obvious that you are not understanding or are purposely ignoring the context.

You can continue to insist all you'd like otherwise - it really doesn't matter at this point. You can have the apparent (meaningless) 'win' you're so obviously craving.

Going to have to agree to disagree and I am not trying to win at anything. Geez, what is it with you implying such things instead of helping people. I am trying to help the op by agreeing to a fix that is known to work, yes in all situations posted not spreading misinformation that it doesn't like you are suggesting.

I reread the entire thread and in all instances posted even your one about objects not loading or being fixed by right clicking only fixed by tping out, the wireframe method still works. The only time it doesn't work is if the object is no longer present on the region and not deleted manually, which is very unlikely (would be a glaring sever side issue for LL) and if it is, that is not what the OP was talking about. I stay on topic, and I posted in response to you declaring that the wireframe fix someone else posted in relation to the OP doesn't work all the time which is false in relation to the topic the OP created and all subsequent posts.

It seems you just believe differently despite it working for everyone else. Also, I never said that an object being present and not loading is a texture issue. I said the way it behaves IMPLIES (you know is probably or maybe caused by) it is a cache fetching issue whereby it is all loaded but the cache either doesn't fetch the texture to apply it to the mesh viewer side unless the object is refreshed, be that right clicking or wireframe or sooming or tping out and in. Nova Convair earlier in the thread suggested a similar reason.

Oh look, after your post there is another person that says wireframe toggling works for ages.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I get this after most TPs and have done for the longest time but this is how I quickly fix it too.

yes, wireframe-toggle seems to work fine. So I'm not the only one out there suffering a lot from this. I really wish LL would take a deeper look at it. Is there a way to push the regarding jira tickets or anything else we could try?

3 hours ago, Furholio said:

yes, wireframe-toggle seems to work fine. So I'm not the only one out there suffering a lot from this. I really wish LL would take a deeper look at it. Is there a way to push the regarding jira tickets or anything else we could try?

You can definitely raise a JIRA about it.  That is probably the best way to get LL's attention but there are no guarantees on if/when anything will be done.

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

You can definitely raise a JIRA about it.  That is probably the best way to get LL's attention but there are no guarantees on if/when anything will be done.

As far as I am aware LL know of the issue and has had JIRA's made for the issue in the past over numerous years, but they cant work out a fix other than trying to update the cache which was promised years ago and still waiting.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone heavily affected by this (like me) please try the new "Simple Cache" project viewer. I'm using it for a few days now and everything rezzes .. always ... a complete new experience for me :) (the viewer has other problems, constant cache trashing, low fps) but it should give the devs some hints ...

Edited by Furholio
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.