Possible national satellite broadcast of Second Life?

jw99sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually it is a brilliant idea! GO FOR IT!  (No need to to worry about the SL content size and such stuff.)

Setup your own Opensimulator server it's totally free and do your experiments. The rest will be just minor problems.

Feel free to give us an update when you ready for a live presentation of your project.

giphy.gif

Edited by Nick0678
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Actually it is a brilliant idea! GO FOR IT!  (No need to to worry about the SL content size and such stuff.)

Setup your own Opensimulator server it's totally free and do your experiments. The rest will be just minor problems.

Feel free to give us an update when you ready for a live presentation of your project.

giphy.gif

Opensimulator sucks ass. 😡

And yes, this station is an affiliate of NBC. Never even changed its affiliation since its debut.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jw99sl said:

No. You have some humility and give it a rest.

Face it Roling Loon, you're going to have a hard time finding anywhere where I don't laugh you out of the room.  You seem to have missed noticing a couple of pages ago that the only Linden who has entered this thread just thought it was a great idea. 

I'm not the one engaged in Delusions of Grandeur.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jw99sl said:

Oh look, YOU may add a new design if YOUR cosing skills can, as if you already own Linden Lab instead of Philip himself. Jeeez... 🤦‍♂️ Dude your fantasy really runs wild, it's gonna give you a huge delusion when you'll present your ideas for avatars and they will boot you out of the window laughing at you

I never presented any avatar to LL dude, the only thing I made is something THEY should have made and that I sell for myself, which is an animation exporter using their proprietary file format .anim , that clearly shows how I do understand the architecture and design of how the system works, unlike you do with your reply to someone else that followed mine: call it virtual world, it still runs on the premises of a videogame system, so SL is primarily and foremost a videogame, of which its user base make a different use. THIS shows how ignorant you are about the matter at hand. 

Oh and by the way, the only Linden who showed up here left a meme saying "no words", which doesn't mean they were impressed, rather that they wouldn't comment further because your idea deserves insults only, and as LL employee they can't. 

Let's say this idea has some merit. I do have a question or two to ask:

Is WKYC equipped to transmit to a satellite? I trust they have a sat truck to handle uploading a signal. With that said...

1) How much time or window are you prepared to pay for the use of the truck and transmission?

2) How far out would you place a reservation on a satellite transponder? Three months or six months? Maybe a year?  A retainer may be required.

3) On the back side, what distribution costs are you prepared to pay or to propose? Distribution can be a breaker. Make a major motion picture and if you can't get a distributor, it sits in a can before being released.

4) Is any production insurance involved? If major news breaks, WKYC (or a major news outlet) may need the window you reserved to put their product out, hence you would be bumped. If that were the case, you would need some guarantee of getting some of your investment back. I think the premiums would be on the high side.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.