AM I able to return an item i ordered in error?

lolalab69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Being a thick newbie i saw a home ( Amazing Choices! Welcome To Gigli Isles ) in Marketplace for L$0 -ordered it and thought Wow that's great.

Now i have seen it will cost L$450/week!!! OMG! Can't afford that...now way no how. not sure how much in USD that even is?

Help pleeeeeease someone???? :-)

Can i return - discard once i go inworld and that will cancel out?? Or am i stuck with this ongoing cost?  How do i cancel if possible

Help me pleeeease?

8 answers to this question

That's a little less than $2 US.  It sounds like you may have bought a free house but agreed to a lease for the land that it's on.  Unless this is a very unusual situation, I suspect that if you simply don't pay the rent, the landlord will just boot you out.  No loss. Just don't leave anything valuable behind if you intend to walk away from the land.  It's easier to take back your own things in an orderly fashion than to sort them out of your Lost & Found folder when a landlord returns them.

Like many things that newbies rush into in SL, you  really don't need a house.  At least you don't need one until you have had time to explore, learn how to navigate, and make a few friends.  I have been in SL for 4 years and have only had a house for the past year, myself.  When I finally decided to settle down, it was more fun to build my own house than to buy a prefab, so the wait was worth it.

• Like 2

Not sure what you received but I'm intrigued as the prim count is 937, which just happens to be the prim count for a 4096 land parcel. Anyway, don't worry, until you pay a tier box for a land parcel you haven't rented anything and are no under no obligations whatsoever to pay these people a cent. Delete whatever you received and forget it.

• Like 1

Sounds like all you "purchased" was a landmark to the property. I looked up the listing, and from experience I think that's all you bought.

Hang out, investigate, don't drop any lindens into the rent box and you should be fine.

The landmark is just to get you to come look at the land. I thought I was getting a free week's rent when I bought one, LOL. I contacted the landlord who explained things to me.

Hello lolalab. My feeling is that you got a demo no the original outfit so no reason to worry that you was charged 450 lindens. You need some time to realize immidiately every time how many dollars are the lindens you see, that's why i sent you in world a currency calculator hud for every kind of conversion. You wear it, you see it in your monitor and use it like the other calculators. Another one tip is that when you want to buy something to find it in Marketplace. There you see anytime how each product costs in us dollars also (for example L$699 $3.28 USD). Usually your orders are final, but some brands give you the right to return the purchases some days later if you don't like them. Have fun!

Hi Nyll. Thanks for your comment. Yes i did delete it once i logged in to SL and received the notification. I was dreading seeing it come up on my credit card.lol. but yes will now know what NOT to do in the future.. just look and not click until i've sussed it all out proper-like :) thanks again :)

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS OFFERED HELP IN THIS MATTER!! CHEERS :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.