Group IMs After Leaving Group

MarseAmun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Over the past couple of days, I've been still getting group IMs from groups I've left.  I've checked the groups list to make sure I'm not still a member.  I've logged into my account using the SL website.  I've pulled up the group profile of one of the groups in question and the 'Join Now!' button is there.  This makes me think that I'm not still a member of the groups somehow.  For what it's worth, I'm using Firestorm as a viewer.

Any ideas?

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, MarseAmun said:

Over the past couple of days, I've been still getting group IMs from groups I've left.  I've checked the groups list to make sure I'm not still a member.  I've logged into my account using the SL website.  I've pulled up the group profile of one of the groups in question and the 'Join Now!' button is there.  This makes me think that I'm not still a member of the groups somehow.  For what it's worth, I'm using Firestorm as a viewer.

Any ideas?

is it possible an alt is a member with whom you share an email address? if you do not see the email header by default, you may be assuming it is being send to you

5 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

is it possible an alt is a member with whom you share an email address? if you do not see the email header by default, you may be assuming it is being send to you

Nope.  All of my alts are long deactivated.  And I'm getting the messages in viewer, not via IM.

2 hours ago, MarseAmun said:

All of my alts are long deactivated.  And I'm getting the messages in viewer, not via IM.

1 hour ago, MarseAmun said:

Nope.  These are actual group IM sessions.

Those two statements do not compute.  "Group IMs" ARE in the viewer.

2 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

I think she meant she was getting them in IM not email as Emma asked if she had alts who shared an email address.

Sorry.  I mistyped.  What I meant to say was I was getting them in viewer, not email. 

A fuller recap of the situation:

I currently have a single avi.  All other accounts I've had in the past are long (as in years) gone.  I connect using Firestorm Viewer.  I have been a member of a number of groups and left those groups.  I have, on occasion, still received Group IM sessions from those groups while logged into the viewer.  This is not a matter of email notification, which are turned off except for L$ purchases.  I'm curious if anyone else has run into this, and, if so, how to stop it.

I would first suggest a full clean reinstall of your Firestorm viewer. It may be that your settings have corrupted due to a crash.

If that doesn't fix it, then log in using the stock Linden Lab viewer and check there. If the problem persists then it's time to contact LL, either via support ticket, or - if you're a premium member - you also have the live chat option.

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I would first suggest a full clean reinstall of your Firestorm viewer. It may be that your settings have corrupted due to a crash.

If that doesn't fix it, then log in using the stock Linden Lab viewer and check there. If the problem persists then it's time to contact LL, either via support ticket, or - if you're a premium member - you also have the live chat option.

Will try this.  May wait to see if it happens again first.  Thanks all!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.