Will this get me more prims?

Teagan Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Down the road from me are a couple plots that have a mailbox but no houses. I have walked onto the land and can see they are owned by Residents. If you delete the house do you get more prims, or is something else going on here. (its not just one day, its been several weeks like this)

5 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Down the road from me are a couple plots that have a mailbox but no houses. I have walked onto the land and can see they are owned by Residents. If you delete the house do you get more prims, or is something else going on here. (its not just one day, its been several weeks like this)

No, you don't get more prims. It a known glitch/error. Or maybe the houses not build yet. Either way the answer is no.

43 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Well shucks, LOL, I was hoping for more prims and its just a rezzer problem.

Thanks for the answers.

The Linden Homes are actually not substracting any prims from your land. The ressources you have allign with the parcel size you have. 351 is normal for 1024.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

The Linden Homes are actually not substracting any prims from your land. The ressources you have allign with the parcel size you have. 351 is normal for 1024.

If you edit the homes, you'll find the root prim is outside the parcel. That is why they don't subtract from your prims and why you can't return them.

If you find yourself "lucky" enough to have a glitched plot with no home on it, you can be sure it will eventually get fixed. 😛

I do think it would be interesting to see what would happen if LLs put out a "theme" that was an empty plot. Basically similar to mainland, but with a neighborhood of mole things around it - so think Bay City and Shermerville... except with the Bellisseria covenant keeping people "in line and respectful". Maybe then some added rules for "build what you want as long as it fits character / theme of the mole builds around it".

- I suspect that even mainland, with rules like that, or even just only the bellisseria covenant, would be extremely popular. But done as a linden "home" where you have a plot and space between you and neighbors, and no buying/selling by land barons - it'd be the death of most unthemed estates, rightly so IMO.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

- I suspect that even mainland, with rules like that, or even just only the bellisseria covenant, would be extremely popular.

Such a place would probably be at least more popular than mainland. The only thing that be interesting to see is, how big of a workload it would be for LL to keep people in line.

7 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Such a place would probably be at least more popular than mainland. The only thing that be interesting to see is, how big of a workload it would be for LL to keep people in line.

From all the complaints, or pictures and questions about whether someone's neighbor is or is not in compliance with the Bellisseria covenant, that I've seen here in the forums, I think having an theme of empty lots for supplying your own house would be a horrendous workload for LL.    

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

8 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

From all the complaints, or pictures and questions about whether someone's neighbor is or is not in compliance with the Bellisseria covenant, that I've seen here in the forums, I think having an theme of empty lots for supplying your own house would be a horrendous workload for LL.    

I dunno...

There really don't seem to be that many issues on a day to day basis in Bellisseria. There's always a spike in issues when new land is added, but then it quiets down a bit.

It would be interesting to see how long one of these 'vacant lots' that inspired this thread managed to stay around. That's something of an indicator of how well they are able to keep pace with issues - ASSUMING it's been reported...

Historically I've seen most issues in Bellisseria get resolved quickly. A few seem to last forever which is also an indication that they're not as much of a policy violation as the rest of us might think...

Some estates end up having to hire stacks of CSRs because they keep letting their people wade into drama, and they don't pay them a real world level income. The Lindens who manage things like ARs don't wade into the drama at all. They just process the AR to resolution and move on to the next thing. So they manage to get more done with less people.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

There was an empty camper parcel on Twofer when I first got mine there.. The person decided to put up a cute little treehouse. It really didn't look awkward there, and was tasteful, and nobody reported it for at least a month. I was kinda sad to see it go finally, I think it was the person moving, and not that it had been returned.

• Like 2

• Moles
On 8/14/2020 at 1:28 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

I do think it would be interesting to see what would happen if LLs put out a "theme" that was an empty plot. Basically similar to mainland, but with a neighborhood of mole things around it - so think Bay City and Shermerville... except with the Bellisseria covenant keeping people "in line and respectful". Maybe then some added rules for "build what you want as long as it fits character / theme of the mole builds around it".

- I suspect that even mainland, with rules like that, or even just only the bellisseria covenant, would be extremely popular. But done as a linden "home" where you have a plot and space between you and neighbors, and no buying/selling by land barons - it'd be the death of most unthemed estates, rightly so IMO.

We actually did try that. Homes in Horizons were originally supposed to be kept futuristic or "sci-fi". We gave residents the option of de-rezzing the provided homes and rezzing their own homes in their place (suggesting they keep to the theme). What happened was a large percentage of the residents simply ignored that and rezzed whatever they liked as they do on mainland... or their interpretation of " in theme" was a bit... shall we say... broad. 

That is why the ability to remove the houses altogether from the controller was not included in Bellisseria. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

29 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

That is why the ability to remove the houses altogether from the controller was not included in Bellisseria. 

And I, for one, thank you (the collective 'you') immensely for that.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

We actually did try that. Homes in Horizons were originally supposed to be kept futuristic or "sci-fi".

Oh I know Horizons. I had a plot there for a while that I kept to semi sci-fi at ground level.

But... like Bay City it had a theme, but no real covenant.

It's the covenant that provides the value for me, when it comes to Bellisseria. Even more than a theme, a set of rules makes it worth staying.

That's what I'd like to see. A place with a very very very loose theme, but then the Bellisseria covenant.

Optionally one new line of the covenant could be a loosely defined 'keep somewhat to the theme of the region you're in'.

But it's actually the rest of the covenant that makes Bellisseria valuable, for me at least.

• Haha 1

I agree, it must be a covenant. You (general you) can not have vague terms of "play nice". It must be rules, and the rules must have consequences. Like your stuff returned, and maybe ordered to get default Mainland instead, after (x) repeated offenses. If put up the returned item again and again, and ignore that they violate the covenant.

The problem, as I see it, is how broad the terms should be. Restricting it too much, and people is left with so few options. I would rather see it like this:

• No banlines.
  • Rules for orbs like Bellisseria.
  • No skyboxes under (x) m.
  • Fences/walls around the parcel must stay under (x) m.
  • No builds higher than (x) m.

People could have a hobbit house next to a beach hut next to a Gothic mansion next to a steel/glass house. As long as it does not break the covenant.

Picking a theme would be way too open for interpretation. Better say it's free to pick a home, but you must follow some rules. These rules over would not be hard to enforce. Your neighbor have a 64 m high privacy wall - report it and it will be removed. Your neighbor has a pink house and you think it is tacky - report it and your report will be ignored.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words to clarify
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.