Friend is getting messages that she can't rez constantly

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On both firestorm and regular sl viewer, she started getting this message :

[18:21] Second Life: Can't rez object '.' at { -0.010681, -0.137512, 33.4795 } on parcel '2020-05-29 : Abandoned Land' in region Geoje because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

apparently she never tried to rez anything. she's relogged 7 times, switched viewers, tried finding something on the land but it still keeps spamming her with this message

she said she looks away for 30 seconds and has 50 messages.

not to mention she is getting it for a region she didn't even go to

apparently the messages only stop when she's in that area but when she leaves it she gets the messages

she has also already changed avatars and taken things off but it still isn't helping

Edited by Rumancekk

7 answers to this question

Normally i don't reply to this stuff but your friend should avoid using orbiters and such HUD nonsense or she could be easily AR'ed for griefing.

Now if her name is "Fr****" tell her to go to that region and pickup 2 orbiters that are still there, they are still emitting particles and trying to temp rez "." object from their inventory, that is why she gets those messages.

QSxgi8Y.thumb.png.7076ddb3b61588aa183715e56e7a525a.png

• Like 3

It sounds as though a temp rezzer or some other object that creates things, belonging to her, is on that abandoned parcel, or at least in that region.  I visited the location, and could not find anything, though.  It might be a scripted thing that is in the region, but not near those coordinates...things that the region doesn't know what do do with often wind up at 0,0,0.

Has she tried using the various inspection tools to see if there are any objects owned by her in that parcel, or in that region?  Or, given the strange negative number coordinates, in the next door regions?

Since it is an abandoned parcel, she could file a support case and see if LL has any better luck at finding the culprit.

13 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It sounds as though a temp rezzer or some other object that creates things, belonging to her, is on that abandoned parcel, or at least in that region.  I visited the location, and could not find anything, though.  It might be a scripted thing that is in the region, but not near those coordinates...things that the region doesn't know what do do with often wind up at 0,0,0.

Has she tried using the various inspection tools to see if there are any objects owned by her in that parcel, or in that region?  Or, given the strange negative number coordinates, in the next door regions?

Since it is an abandoned parcel, she could file a support case and see if LL has any better luck at finding the culprit.

I tried doing it, found nothing, even scrolled down with ctrl alt t on as far as i could but found nothing. she used pathfinding, i also used pathfinding, but it said there was nothing there

we did find out she used a HUD from Void. She used it to toss another player into the air, something that is done frequently at my house with no issues. She said then that's when it started.

She noticed some hovering balls when she did it again to herself on my land and was returning them. But still it didn't help.

She has pressed the cancel button to stop everything from the Void HUD and it hasn't worked either.

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

Region is clean now. One of them was at the border http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Geoje/252/252/35

I just spoke to my friend who just logged on and she's apparently still having the issue 😞

I'd also like to note though that when we use HUDs we never do it to other people, only in our friend group, and our friend group isn't going to report eachother

Edited by Rumancekk

2 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

I just spoke to my friend who just logged on and she's apparently still having the issue 😞

Then you guys should go there and look for remaining orbiters from 0 meters up to 4096 height that are stuck between region borders.

if you can't find any send me a message inworld in about half an hour and i will do a quick scan on the area.doing some RL work atm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.