Land lag & kicked me and my husband out!🤬

NayNayFaith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do anyone live on Lino (AMEstate) and got kicked out of their land because of land lag? If so please let me know so I’m not the only one.. and how long will we be kicked out for and for us to have our home back and the land that we pay for?

the picture it what it said

0FC1D156-5C60-4928-9FD0-FEE4D8896180.jpeg

It is exactly as it says on the tin. The region you were on was restarting. You did not leave before the restart so you were knocked offlline. You can log back into Second Life at any point however the region itself will take a short bit to come back up.

Hope you have a landmark if you logged in. You can use that plus hitting "show on Map" to check if the region is still offline or not. Do that on occasion. once it is showing on the map as being online (it won't show "Offline" on the map tile anymore) you can then teleport back.

• Like 2

This is not land lag (whatever that is). This is a region restart. They happen quite a few times. You get a message 2 minutes or so (not so sure) before the region restart begins, and if you don't get out of the region, you get logged out. 

• Like 1

Linden Lab often does rolling restarts on Tuesdays or Wednesdays to roll out updated versions of server software.  When there are not updated versions to be installed, they may still restart some regions on Tuesday or Wednesday if the region hadn't been restarted for awhile.  You can always check the Grid Status page to see if LL is working on a scheduled maintenance or some other issue. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:
22 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Welcome to restart Tuesdays Nay. It's .. a thing.

Pssst  It's Wednesday

Yeah, rolling restarts on RC regions are scheduled for Wednesdays.  In any case, this is part of routine maintenance.  Welcome to SL.  ;)

5 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Odd that because for me this happens Tuesday afternoon local time.

Most regions restart on Tuesday morning (SLT), but the RC regions restart on Wednesday.  It sounds like your region is on the standard schedule, Belinda.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.