Stuck "Loading contents..." if object has more than 1 item in its content

Logan Elf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes. tried on 3 different regions. 

Also tried on my Desktop (wired) & Laptop (WiFi)

ETA: Just tried on 545722 server with same result 

ETA2: Think I've found the issue. It's my VPN. Switching protocol to OpenVPN from WireGuard and all working fine. No idea why only listing multi-item content fails

Edited by LoganPryor

Just to add to things (not sure it'll help or not), my partner and I have had different results. She's having the same issue, above, but I'm not. What I noticed as far as any difference could be, was log in time. I logged in at noon SLT and she came on around 40 minutes later. So whatever happened to cause this must have happened between this time. We've tried in several different objects, with the same result - except for a few items she purchased that had unpacker scripts which seemed to work ok. She attached the "box" and was able to get the content, but anything she's rezzed and tried to unpack doesn't work. 

*Edit*

We just tried with a box with an unpacker script, rezzed it and it worked fine. Without it, no go, same loading content issue. 

Edited by Vicious Hollow

I have the exact same problem. I'm stuck in 'loading contents' if the prim (root or child, doesnt matter) has more than one item inside.

I have cleared my cache, bug still there.

I flushed my temp files, bug still there.

I tried another account, bug still there.

I installed the official SL viewer fresh, bug still there.

I tried several different regions, bug still there.

I have reset my router, bug still there.

I don't use a VPN.

Live chat couldn't help me, they did a support ticket which is still unanswered.

I noticed this issue exactly 33 hours ago. I dont know what else to do.

Edited by LorenFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LorenFox said:

I have the exact same problem. I'm stuck in 'loading contents' if the prim (root or child, doesnt matter) has more than one item inside.

I have cleared my cache, bug still there.

I flushed my temp files, bug still there.

I tried another account, bug still there.

I installed the official SL viewer fresh, bug still there.

I tried several different regions, bug still there.

I have reset my router, bug still there.

I don't use a VPN.

Live chat couldn't help me, they did a support ticket which is still unanswered.

I noticed this issue exactly 33 hours ago. I dont know what else to do.

Make sure to comment on the jira to get them to step it up and not ignore the issue.

• Like 1

I would guess it's some of the assets server that are affected. For people who use paid VPNs with a bunch of servers around the world it should be easy to test this theory by switching to server from another region.

I can't reproduce it at all regardless of viewer, main channel or RC or main/test accounts. Hopefully LL will take a look into it soon.

I have the same problem.

Tried different accounts, cleared cache, restarted router, cleared windows temp folder, run ccleaner, windows disk cleaner, tried a full clean reinstall of firestorm. Tried Secondlife viewer and exactly same problem. I am running Win8.1

Edited by Aethelwine

They really do mean "some".  Not reproducing for me on viewer Second Life Release 6.4.6.545962 (64bit) simulator Second Life Server 2020-07-31T15:02:15.545966 host sim10111.agni.lindenlab.com

• Thanks 1

For those not tracking BUG-229207, Maestro & Simon Linden have posted the following comments (comment times are UTC):

maestro.lindenMaestro Linden added a comment - 14/Aug/20 11:57 PM

Hi everybody, thank for the viewer logs and other information regarding this bug. After some investigation, we believe we have found the issue; a change in server 2020-07-31T15:02:15.545966 introduced a communication issue between the simulator and viewer, which is only observed over certain network connections.

As of a few minutes ago, we have a fix in testing on the Beta grid, with server version 2020-08-14T21:23:35.547010. These sandbox regions on the beta grid are on this version, in case any of you would like to try it out:

• Animesh1
  • Animesh2
  • Sandbox Pristina
  • Sandbox Astutula

We are grateful for any feedback you can offer! For those of you who are unfamiliar with the beta grid, this page offers instructions for testing: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid

simon.lindenSimon Linden added a comment - 15/Aug/20 1:14 AM

Sorry folks ... that fix didn't get everyone right.   I'm working on an update and will hopefully have that out Saturday morning SL time, and will update this Jira and ask for some more testing.    This failure happens due to the route between your viewer and our servers, so it's a bit tricky for us to test and get it right for the world.    I'm cautiously hopeful the next one will do it

If you have the issue and want to help but have never accessed the Beta (Preview) grid, the fastest way to get access, if you're premium, is to use the online chat. With the increased ticket volumes, tickets can take days

• Like 2

After successful tests, a fix has now been rolled out grid-wide on main grid :) Now back working for me :D 

maestro.lindenMaestro Linden added a comment - 17/Aug/20 8:07 PM

Hi guys, please try now on main grid. A fix for this issue went out grid-wide about 15 minutes ago. In the (hopefully unlikely) event you're still experiencing the issue, please note the region name.

I'm confused. The fix being tested on Aditi was in a release date 08-15... but the main grid release installed "grid-wide" that was supposed to fix it was dated a week earlier, 08-08. 

But I'm also confused what we're supposed to be running now: most of the regions I've sampled seem to be running that 08-08...455 release (some restarted this morning, some not), but Anilis, Foxglove and Tuliptree (all restarted 6 days ago) are running Second Life Server 2020-07-31T15:02:15.545966 so... maybe all will be revealed at the Simulator User Group starting a few minutes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.