Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

  Like the Title says, Firestorm keeps crashing on me within seconds of logging in. It worked fine a few hours ago but now... maximum 4-5 seconds and it just shuts off. (I have never had this problem before!

  Any suggestions or tip would be much appreciated!

  Cheers

Edited by Canuck01
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Canuck01 said:

Hello, 

  Like the Title says, Firestorm keeps crashing on me within seconds of logging in. It worked fine a few hours ago but now... maximum 4-5 seconds and it just shuts off. (I have never had this problem before!

  Any suggestions or tip would be much appreciated!

  Cheers

I would suggest logging in with the lab viewer and contacting the firestorm support group. If you find that crashes as well however it would suggest a problem on your account rather than a firestorm issue. You will likely get quicker and better support talking in world

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, 

  In the mean time I've successfully logged in with the 2L viewer as well I thought I'd try another viewer (i randomly chose Catznip!) both work fine. So I don't think it could be my account.  One thing that comes to mind earlier, when Firestorm was working, I had one crash when i was trying out the firestorm AO?!  (And it still open when i log in.) I'm not sure if this could be an issue?!  Either way,  I'll get in touch with Firestorm in world! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Canuck01 said:

Hello, 

  Like the Title says, Firestorm keeps crashing on me within seconds of logging in. It worked fine a few hours ago but now... maximum 4-5 seconds and it just shuts off. (I have never had this problem before!

  Any suggestions or tip would be much appreciated!

  Cheers

@Whirly Fizzleany helpful ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Try logging in to a different region then clear your cache.

Thanks Lyssa, I’ll try... but so far when I’ve logged in, no matter where... it’s still about. 4-5 second before firestorm crashes! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Canuck01 said:

Thanks Lyssa, I’ll try... but so far when I’ve logged in, no matter where... it’s still about. 4-5 second before firestorm crashes! 

I had some similar long time issues awhile back. A clean install helped a bunch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You might well get a lot more responses if you open a thread in the Technology Forum -General Second Life Tech Discussion.

Copy/Paste all the information from your viewer's Help - About Firestorm menu (viewer's top bar) into your post. That information can be very helpful.

(If you can log in, do so before collecting that information; it provides a bit more important stuff. If not, just get from viewer when it's loaded up).

Good luck!

 

If @WhirlyFizzle picks this up soon, you'll get the best help going 😃

 

Edited by Odaks
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Anita61 Anatine said:

The fact you mentioned your AO could mean it's a lnown issue in viewer version 6.3.9. See https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_ao_crash_639

 

  

Thanks Anita,

  A friend sent me the same link pretty much just before you did. 

  It seems that it was the Firestorm AO that was the problem!  I followed the steps in the link and deleted the appropriate folders. I've been logged in with firestorm for more 20 minutes now and haven't crashed! which i know isn't long, but previously Firestorm would crash after just a few seconds! 

  Thank you everyone for all the help and suggestions! :)

  I'm actually kind of curious if anyone else had had this happen!?!

Edited by Canuck01
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Canuck01 said:

  

Thanks Anita,

  A friend sent me the same link pretty much just before you did. 

  It seems that it was the Firestorm AO that was the problem!  I followed the steps in the link and deleted the appropriate folders. I've been logged in with firestorm for more 20 minutes now and haven't crashed! which i know isn't long, but previously Firestorm would crash after just a few seconds! 

  Thank you everyone for all the help and suggestions! :)

  I'm actually kind of curious if anyone else had had this happen!?!

Yes it has. That's why all those troubleshooting articles are on the FS wiki. Those are the most "common" problems. The ones that are unusual are usually solved by asking for help in one of the inworld groups. There are several of different languages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...