Can you tell when a group was formed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't find a date of creation within several groups I am looking at.  They call "claim" to be the first group of this type to be created in SL and although there are very old dates of peopel in the group (all of the groups), that doesnt nessecarily mean that was when the group was formed.  So the question is... Can you tell when a group was formed?

JulieAnne

You can ask the Founder.

One could look at Notecards or Objects made for and or by the Group. In the Properties of the Objects or Item will be dates.

:: Adding Founded on Dates in a Group's page should be considered by SL.

Credit should be given where credit is due.

I did not know that, ty. If honesty was as rampant as is deceit, life would be easier.

Trying to think of a cool date for a cube.

September 8, 1966 first regular episode of Star Trek

June 15, 1215 signing of the Magna Carta

June 23, 2003 launch of SL

I'm saying I would, I'm saying it's possible... the easiest is jan 1 1970 (Unix stamp start date)

but you can also reuse other peoples prims, with older dates without any trickery... mega prims dates are probably the easiest and takes absolutely no expertise... linden prims work too... then deed to group.

Ask them to submit pix taken there. Either pix taken within Second Life or pix sent to computer. I don't know if the creation date can be faked, but you should be able to check properties and see.

You could go with the one with the earliest photo. Of course, if a sim had the first build but never takes pix they'd be out of luck. I'm banking on the assumption that most people who build or create also record what they rez.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.