Black and White Challenge

Strawberry Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
4 minutes ago, AmberWildcool said:

Help:)

I got the uploading fine ~ but how to write something under/above picture is beyond me & now i have  posted & cannot find were to delete the error topics ~ i can see why newbie is my status:)))))

Hi Amber, when you click 'edit' on your original post, you'll get the opportunity to go back and add any text or another picture, just underneath it. Then you can submit/save it again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Strawberry Linden said:

Hi Amber, when you click 'edit' on your original post, you'll get the opportunity to go back and add any text or another picture, just underneath it. Then you can submit/save it again.

Not seeing it only asking me why i want to edit it ~ or on right side format... How do i delete the 3 posts i have made a hames of as i now have 4 & i have a thing about keeping a feed nice (this is begin to bug me as i got the hard part in a wink) no place can i see were to write (but thats fine for now) or delete the now growing messages i am acquiring (smiles) thank you for reply & i usually get this your newbie :)

Well this was fun!

While I have photo editing software I decided to use the viewer (Firestorm) black and white setting and do some experimenting with Windlights. This first photo is a raw shot except for cropping and my signature. It was taken with these settings. 

image.thumb.png.1fb06c044da544a63056c38b51f1ed04.png

And here it is in black and white:

566326278_blackandwhitechallengeraw.thumb.jpg.d19a1d4d2daf3a571cc91263b3267b12.jpg

Here is a photo I took yesterday or so TURNED into black and white by my photo software. Less contrast primarily because I used a different (color) Windlight.  

608439924_acountrymornblackandwhite.thumb.jpg.5d7479f19b551e255581ea92dad8317f.jpg

And here is the same photo above with a black and whilte "box camera" filter from 1900 to 1960.

806890622_acountrymornboxcamera19001960.thumb.jpg.4ef47085655e0104b3ecce58fa1348f8.jpg

Only subtle diffeences. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I too feel a strange nostalgia when seeing certain photos in black and white. They also bring me a strange feeling of those good times that have already passed. And I also have a strange feeling that I can't describe, when I see black and white photos of people who are no longer with us. It's like the memory of a dream that once happened.

221691576_BlackandWhiteChallenge.thumb.png.d0ac3a7d80830a9311f5ffeabfcd43e1.png

• Like 19

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.