Black and White Challenge

Strawberry Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

BlackAndWhiteChallenge.jpg

A crisp black and white photo always gives me a feeling of nostalgia and brings back memories of looking through my mom's old photo albums. Black and white images just have a certain charm that somehow vanishes when color appears. 

This week, I challenge you to take a black and white picture in Second Life. If you don't have any photo processing software, no worries, check out the black and white filter in the snapshot menu.

1. Hit the snapshot button in your toolbar.
  2. Choose the 'save to disk' option.
  3. Change the Filter to 'Black & White.'
  4. Then hit the save button.

Here's the raw screenshot:

BlackAndWhiteChallenge-2.png

To participate in this challenge, take a black and white picture in Second Life and share it here!

If you decide to do this challenge and post it on any social networks, don’t forget to use the hashtags #SecondLifeChallenge and #BlackAndWhiteChallenge. You can also add your images to the Second Life Challenge Flickr Group as well as the Official Second Life Group

Thanks for participating in the challenges!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

274346184_20180428Snapshot-bwkirin-adjusted.thumb.jpg.ddb872b8693ebc2ae9402da08461b14a.jpg

Adapted this fully de-saturated version of my av, with monochrome outfit, and then made a black and white digital print in photoshop from the color snapshot. This was for an LEA monochrome-themed concert event around April'18 that took place mostly in high-contrast black and white. That was a magical experience.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.