Tea with a neko princess

Zpo4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been invited to King Catrick's castle for tea and Ferrero Rocher with his neko daughter. 

What recommendations do you have regarding etiquette, dress, subjects of acceptable conversation (ie, coronavirus?), whether or not to smoke, etc.

The point of etiquette is to put the other person at ease, so take your guidance from them.  If there's any doubt in your mind (who smokes at a tea party now?) then avoid the doubtful thing.  I'd send my servant to talk to his servant about the niceties anyway, not announce to the world that he has invited you.  That is bad manners.

• Haha 1

I was a little confused as to why you were asking your question in the forums, and in the General Discussion forum specifically, instead of perhaps the Role Play forum.  For me it highlighted a point discussed in some other posts recently that each of us really only knows about the circles that we participate in, yet often think that others will know people in our communities whom we believe are well known.  Unfortunately that is not usually the case.  I have no idea who King Catrick and his neko daughter are (though because of the 'neko' I'm assuming they're someone in SL?).  If they are famous or some type of royalty in the circles you travel in, use your best judgement about etiquette and take your lead from them, particularly in terms of conversation subjects. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zpo4 said:

Well that was a disaster.

Nooo! not at all! We're just ordinary SL plebs, how would we know? 🙄
Curtsey?
Make an offering?, preferably of someone else. (lol)
Bring some munchies? Roast Boar with an apple shoved in its crackling 🤭 & fresh grown veggies? 
Compliment his Maj on his codpiece 🤴 and the princess on her pixel wholesomeness? 👸
Write a poem <- and dedicate it to the empire.
Snatch a royal horn from the kings guard and trumpet/announce your entry yourself?  (would be rly cool).
Write a song and sing it to them?
Present them with an old non-bento head that you previously disguised as their worst enemy?
A fight to the death in the arena and you win would be fairly impressive.
Oh the list is endless.......  

#1 Royal visit Secret: ->Face Warpaint<- as Orwar and I have.
And don't ever tell anyone the above, ^  otherwise we will have to.... well... you know ^~

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 1

I vote for kidnapping the princess when the king gets distracted, and extorting him until the kingdom is in ruins, before fleeing to Switzerland to buy yourself a nice manor just outside of some remote village where no one will come looking.

• Haha 3

On 8/10/2020 at 10:10 AM, Zpo4 said:

Ferrero Rocher

This sounds serious to me if he invited you for Ferrero Rocher.  I (almost) got engaged because of that stuff in real life!  

So, this could be serious.  

We'd better stay tuned.

Wear your best outfit and add jewels for sure.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zpo4 said:

Well that was a disaster.

Why?  You were given some sound advice amidst the usual forum ribbing.  I answered you in roleplay mode as you seemed to be in it but @Moira Timmerman is correct - this belongs in the Roleplay section.  Just in case you really don't understand, no-one may demand special treatment from you, regardless of what they claim to be, unless you agree to act within their fantasy, then you might choose to follow the rp guidance you have been given.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.