Shoe base too high

Liv Simondsen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a common problem. I have yet to find a good fix that always works. I think that is because the things we stand on are not consistent. For instance the Linden homes in some places are made of prims and in others mesh. That is true of everything in SL. The system handles those things in different ways. The building, streets, walks, and floors are made in different ways by different people. Also, the people making the shoe bases are inconsistent. What were they standing on when they made the shoe base?

The best I have been able to do with all this inconsistency is set my shape Hover, in Appearance, to 50 then set the right-click-on-avatar hover to zero and make a new Shoe Base. I stand on a prim when I make the base. I have prim rugs in my Linden home to reduce hover problems in the house. Out and about I have the hover slider from av-right-click on screen as I am either sinking into the floor, sand, grass, whatever or floating above it because of all the variety of ways people build. I can't do anything about what they do. 

26 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The best I have been able to do with all this inconsistency is set my shape Hover, in Appearance, to 50 then set the right-click-on-avatar hover to zero and make a new Shoe Base. I stand on a prim when I make the base.

Thank you very much, Nalates, i will try that :)

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2020 at 11:02 AM, Liv Simondsen said:

I tried all the shoe bases i have, i edited them but still i find myself floating from the ground.. i know i can set the hover height from quick preferences but it resets everytime i logoff and doesn't adapt to every floor ... any idea ? thanks in advance

With the way Second Life animations work, your feet have no idea where the ground actually is. If the foot is exactly flush with the floor in one position it's very likely it will seem to dig into the floor in another. Most avatars are set up so that their feet float slightly above the ground to avoid this and because, with the downward standard camera view, it's not going to be very noticeable most of the time. You'll only see it when you're looking very closely at the floor and/or your feet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.