Leaving all virtual sims

iiLifted

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

54 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Perhaps a Linden will, but I'm guessing that is the way it was.  Now with Tilla, there is no privacy and the U.S. Congress now denys our right to online privacy so things will be stricter in the future even more so I'd gather.   The U.S. Congress only acted to do away with the right to online privacy fairly recently.  

So, perhaps I mean payment info or Adult verified.  Anyhow, I don't remember the process but it took me at least a month before I could even see Adult merchandise on the MP.  

EDIT:  However, if someone pays a minor lindens, they then could side-step Tilla.  Best to use CAM or SKYPE that way you know better whom you are dealing with.  There is no reason for the OP to quit.  All the OP would have to do is use CAM or SKYPE.  

What? 

WHy do you think there is no privacy with Tilia? How did the US Congress deny online privacy? 

You can pay anyone in SL with L$ and Tilia will have nothing to do with it. Tilia only gets involved if you try and cash out your L$ balance to USD.  

So, if skype is the only way to make sure they are adults, how old is she?

Molly O'Malia Wiki, Biography, Age, Height, Family, Net Worth

4 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Perhaps a Linden will, but I'm guessing that is the way it was.  Now with Tilla, there is no privacy and the U.S. Congress now denys our right to online privacy so things will be stricter in the future even more so I'd gather.   The U.S. Congress only acted to do away with the right to online privacy fairly recently.  

So, perhaps I mean payment info or Adult verified.  Anyhow, I don't remember the process but it took me at least a month before I could even see Adult merchandise on the MP.  

EDIT:  However, if someone pays a minor lindens, they then could side-step Tilla.  Best to use CAM or SKYPE that way you know better whom you are dealing with.  There is no reason for the OP to quit.  All the OP would have to do is use CAM or SKYPE.  

Cam or Skype still isn't foolproof as Drake said, all to easy find software that distort or changes your voice and facial can only tell so much.

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

Cam or Skype still isn't foolproof as Drake said, all to easy find software that distort or changes your voice and facial can only tell so much.

Well it does say that the girl above is young enough to be my daughter regardless if she is 18+ or 18- so i wouldn't waste time with her.

It clearly depends on how a person thinks and what is looking for, anyway when it comes to online verification by companies etc there's no such thing and that is the reason the internet is full of fraudulent activities.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

What? 

WHy do you think there is no privacy with Tilia? How did the US Congress deny online privacy? 

You can pay anyone in SL with L$ and Tilia will have nothing to do with it. Tilia only gets involved if you try and cash out your L$ balance to USD.  

So, if skype is the only way to make sure they are adults, how old is she?

Molly O'Malia Wiki, Biography, Age, Height, Family, Net Worth

Or is that a she and maybe not actually a he.. lol..

9 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Or is that a she and maybe not actually a he.. lol..

Is that what the face would like in an animation "live" talking person?  That is like a photoshop "masked" photo perhaps?   And, it could fool age too then.  

Well, I'd say to the OP, if they are that paranoid, they are better off not being involved.  It's like real life, if you are not comfortable with something, don't do it.

EDIT:  Nick and I posted at the same time so his post above mine says it's Molly somebody or other who is 19.  However, like I said if the OP is uncomfortable, they should leave.  It's like real life, don't do things you aren't comfortable with.  

Edited by FairreLilette

25 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

It's like real life, don't do things you aren't comfortable with.  

Exactly and if you know what you are looking for you won't allow yourself to be catfished. Just like in real life there is nothing wrong in rejecting people who are not up to your personal standards / what you want and fact is you will never find those who fit you if you don't reject dozens of others.

Those who fit you will understand that, those who don't.. well "nice to meet ya, see ya".

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

It is Molly O'Malia and she is 19 but that doesn't matter.

She looks and acts younger to me.

A bit of an update on the OPer.  I actually ran into him in world a couple of days ago.  I mentioned seeing his post in the forums and told him I was surprised to see him.  He'd calmed down quite a bit.  We were at a music/dance club.  We chatted for about 30 minutes.  He was very pleasant, very respectful.  I gave him a couple of LMs to other places I go and hope to see and chat with him again.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RowanMinx said:

She looks and acts younger to me.

Regarding the looks she could be from 16 to 20 depending on the make up and her DNA. When it comes to the acting part well i have dealt with women on their 30's who act like her so.. i guess it's kind of a lifestyle for some females.

Anyway she could easily be my daughter regardless if 16 or 22, so she is not attractive for me. I only go from my age and minus/plus 10. I guess i am a bit old fashioned when it comes to such stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

Well it does say that the girl above is young enough to be my daughter regardless if she is 18+ or 18- so i wouldn't waste time with her.

It clearly depends on how a person thinks and what is looking for, anyway when it comes to online verification by companies etc there's no such thing and that is the reason the internet is full of fraudulent activities.

Exactly; that main point of my post and hell I been taker for younger than my actual physical age in past which kinda proves my point! :D 

• Haha 1

*ahem...
Wots all this then ^^?
I'm an expert in concealing my identity and no one ever even has a clue!. *shrugs 
YEARS of practise in my dressing room, then absolutely hammering hard drives & SFX software
for my latest genius online disguise. 🤩 
Ha! The fools, they'll never pick this one. 🙈 
Here's the new drivers license picture!

Avennotation 2020-06-18 170237.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

She was 14 when that photo was taken. 

Actually she is 18 in the photo you posted..   she had  that tattoo posted back in January 2019.

LDW7FN0.png

Didn't have tattoo's before... you can see how she changed over the years in her Instagram.

YYb4lQC.jpg

Edited by Nick0678

It was never on topic to begin with. The very first post was a rant concerning a topic that has/had been trod repeatedly over the years with no shortage of threads/posts where this could have been dumped or which could have been used to clue the OP in.

It ought to be noted that the content of the initial post is also something anyone at all should know where the Internet in general and age restricted content especially is concerned.

Nowhere is safe, no method whatsoever exists to enforce such restrictions.

People can deal with it or just get off the Internet as a whole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shiviex said:

I see this thread is going very off-topic...

Yeah actually it isn't even a thread with some kind of meaning, just a random emotional reaction of a person who wrote that has left SL but still plays SL.

The usual stuff and nothing really new.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Actually she is 18 in the photo you posted..   she had  that tattoo posted back in January 2019.

LDW7FN0.png

Didn't have tattoo's before... you can see how she changed over the years in her Instagram.

YYb4lQC.jpg

My bad, i posted the wrong image.. 

In this one she is 15.. Looks the same as her 19 self. The point i was trying to make is that there is very little difference in looks between a 14 year old and one who is "legal." 

I have two teen daughters, trust me when i say you would have trouble picking out the students from the teacher assistants nowadays. 

mollyomalia_12534491_142368522810902_1934649394_n.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solar Legion said:

It ought to be noted that the content of the initial post is also something anyone at all should know where the Internet in general and age restricted content especially is concerned.

Nowhere is safe, no method whatsoever exists to enforce such restrictions.

The internet is going to be more "stricter" though now that the U.S. Congress has stated there is no right to online privacy.  There may soon be new ways we have to log in.  

I think MODERATE is a mistake personally, and see no need for it.  It should be General or Adult period, end of discussion.  Why can't they create a code for a verified adult for access to Zindra for example?   This is just a generalized question, not necessarily directed to anyone in particular.  

There are tools if one has land control to set 18+ and payment info on file people only.  I know I had a club and had land rights so I could have set 18+ and payment info on file only people, but it was a tiny club for General so I didn't need it.  So, why is there a place to check 18+ on the land if it doesn't work?

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 2

On 8/8/2020 at 9:00 PM, iiLifted said:

Minors ruined this game for me and the other sims. They are lying about their ages and posing that they are older than 18. 
As a guy, its terrifying being put in a situation like that when you have no clue who's behind the computer screen. 

So because of this bull***** and the fact that anyone can get an account and fake their age. I'm done with all this ***** once and for all.

It was fun while it lasted but I'm tired of kids nowadays and how much access they really have.

In 13 years of being in SL, I have come across exactly 3 actual minors on Adult land.

Now, I would like to know What he was doing and why he thinks his play partners were actual minors. I dont see them as being that dumb as to out themselves and risk a perma bann. More likely he assumed they were minors due to some "tell" only he thinks he knows of. Minors aren't coming to SL and faking ages to join up and "haz the sexxors", they just do it in RL in their rooms while their parents are in SL 24/7 because they are addicted to it. ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

The internet is going to be more "stricter" though now that the U.S. Congress has stated there is no right to online privacy.  There may soon be new ways we have to log in.  

I think MODERATE is a mistake personally, and see no need for it.  It should be General or Adult period, end of discussion.  Why can't they create a code for a verified adult for access to Zindra for example?   This is just a generalized question, not necessarily directed to anyone in particular.  

There are tools if one has land control to set 18+ and payment info on file people only.  I know I had a club and had land rights so I could have set 18+ and payment info on file only people, but it was a tiny club for General so I didn't need it.  So, why is there a place to check 18+ on the land if it doesn't work?

I think you are talking about COPRA, The Consumer Online Privacy Rights Act. That doesnt do what you seem to think it does, mind you, it hasnt been made into law yet either. All that does if protect consumers from having their information passed around by companies. It has NOTHING to do with age verification. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

My bad, i posted the wrong image.. 

In this one she is 15.. Looks the same as her 19 self. The point i was trying to make is that there is very little difference in looks between a 14 year old and one who is "legal." 

I have two teen daughters, trust me when i say you would have trouble picking out the students from the teacher assistants nowadays. ..

I am certain they do, we both know as men that when women are young always try to look older and when they do get older they try to look younger, it's part of their psychology.

Anyway most of them (not everyone) are good girls and avoid doing stupid things and if a man is careful and respects himself can understand the age gap by experience when talking with them. For instance when i was 25 i was talking about my career and travels, those girls who were 16-17 and approached me were still talking about pikachu and pokemons... so it was very simple to understand that they were still daddy's little girls. You can understand a lot of things just by talking to somebody even before checking their ID's.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.