Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Before I get written off as an old fart masquerading as a pre-teen, I would like to mention that I am 25, but can still pass as 17.  I still do the teenage tantrums very effectively though, and can monopolize a bathroom for hours and hours just like I could when I was 15.  Just because I am active in SL doesn't automatically make me over 50.

  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Soooooooo in other words basically you were here for the pixel boom-booms.  

Can I haz yer stuffz?

well... it wasn't that long ...        

Posted Images

All said I think.

Interestingly - If LL opens an office in my country it would be closed immediately plus some punishment. Adult content without age check is against the law.

I can even imagine that they will start to block illegal foreign services like SL one day. That would force me to use a VPN - with extra monthly costs.
We'll see if that will stay under the radar or not in the long term. Blocking of porn sites already happens.

I really wonder about the states. They freak out if there is a nipple visible for a second but they don't restrict any access. Interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nova Convair said:

All said I think.

Interestingly - If LL opens an office in my country it would be closed immediately plus some punishment. Adult content without age check is against the law.

I can even imagine that they will start to block illegal foreign services like SL one day. That would force me to use a VPN - with extra monthly costs.
We'll see if that will stay under the radar or not in the long term. Blocking of porn sites already happens.

I really wonder about the states. They freak out if there is a nipple visible for a second but they don't restrict any access. Interesting.

Of course there’s ways to verify age, and every last one of them online is easy to circumvent. There is no absolute age verification system online. SL has had this follows the same standard age verification process out there that other places do. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only if you know they are younger or have in some way told you they were in rl, and you continue to do the naughty's as well as not report them.. 

That's when you will get yourself into trouble.

Otherwise it is on them and thier parents if they lied to get on a moderate or adult region.

Always keep your chats logged and voice recording.

And both hands on the wheel.

Hehehe

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

No one is any where near as "well known" in SL as they think they are. Not even the "top selling" merchants are "well known". 

I mean a regular recognizable forum member. If you were the one posting that, I would have some concern. What about Maitreya an LeLutka as merchants though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, iiLifted said:


As a guy, its terrifying being put in a situation like that when you have no clue who's behind the computer screen. 

So because of this bull***** and the fact that anyone can get an account and fake their age. I'm done with all this ***** once and for all.

 

I have a bad news about the internet for you. I'm not sure you want to hear it. 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I mean a regular recognizable forum member. If you were the one posting that, I would have some concern. What about Maitreya an LeLutka as merchants though?

I am not well known. Good chance that people who do not use mesh bodies or heads have never heard of either one.  Most people in SL don't come to the forums, much less post on it.

A for instance. Blueberry has been popular and "well known" for many years right? Most of those years, I never knew Blueberry existed. I stumbled on the store by accident one day not long ago. For such a "popular" and "well known" brand, I was not impressed.

People and places in SL may be popular and well known in small circles but as far as grid wide goes, many will never know they exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I am not well known. Good chance that people who do not use mesh bodies or heads have never heard of either one.  Most people in SL don't come to the forums, much less post on it.

A for instance. Blueberry has been popular and "well known" for many years right? Most of those years, I never knew Blueberry existed. I stumbled on the store by accident one day not long ago. For such a "popular" and "well known" brand, I was not impressed.

People and places in SL may be popular and well known in small circles but as far as grid wide goes, many will never know they exist.

Most people have no idea that these forums even exist, and don't care when they find out. i don't know you in SL, but I know you here, and I'm sure many others do as well. This is a small circle. I have never met anyone inworld who doesn't know about Maitreya or LeLutka, but I'm only in the adult community.

Edited by Bagnu
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I mean a regular recognizable forum member. If you were the one posting that, I would have some concern.

Oh you mean you you're wondering if a regular forum member posted that anger dump with the childish manipulation tactic of "I didn't get what I wanted so I'm leaving" that forum members might have more concern?   I'd guess, depending on the anger dumper and how they usually behave here, some forum members might have concern and respond in a more empathetic way. 

For me, personally, I don't like anger dumps on forum members no matter who is doing it, and I don't like goodbyes before somebody has even said hello, and I especially don't like the manipulation of "I'm leaving" so frequently used in tantrums.

* I displayed a bit of empathy however, because I realize that visitors might not understand the nature of the SL forum and consider it to be representative of SL -- as if the forum is a kind of customer service.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh you mean you think that if a regular forum member posted that anger dump with the childish manipulation tactic of "I didn't get what I wanted so I'm leaving" that forum members would have more concern?   I'd guess, depending on the forum member, some people might have concern and respond in a more empathetic way. 

For me, personally, I don't like anger dumps on forum members no matter who is doing it, and I don't like goodbyes before somebody has even said hello, and I especially don't like the manipulation of "I'm leaving" so frequently used in tantrums.

* I displayed a bit of empathy however, because I realize that some don't understand the nature of the SL forum and consider it to be a representative of SL -- as if it's a kind of customer service.

I agree. I can't stand anger dumps. I was simply trying to state that if a regular forum member publicly announced they were leaving some of us would care. And if they did do an anger dump, then it's best they are gone anyways.

Edited by Bagnu
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Most people have no idea that these forums even exist, and don't care when they find out. i don't know you in SL, but I know you here, and I'm sure many others do as well. This is a small circle. I have never met anyone inworld who doesn't know about Maitreya or LeLutka, but I'm only in the adult community.

No, you don't know me. You only know yourself.

You may not have met anyone who hasn't heard of them but that doesn't mean they don't exist. It only means that you don't know they exist. If you don't go outside of your "adult community" then there are tons of things you don't know about. Even those that do go outside of their regular communities don't know a lot of what goes in SL. It's simply not possible to know everything there is to know about SL and the people in it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bagnu said:

It would be understandable if this person were well known. 

 

54 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I mean a regular recognizable forum member.

 

Not even then.  A rant & flounce is never really called for, regardless of who someone is.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
14 hours ago, Bagnu said:

It would be understandable if this person were well known. 

 

58 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I mean a regular recognizable forum member.

 

Not even then.  A rant & flounce is never really called for, regardless of who someone is.

True it's "never really called for".......but I think some might be more empathetic if the poster was a regular forum member who did not often display such behavior.  We might be more inclined to think they're simply having a bad day, and offer solutions. We'd know they probably weren't truly flouncing, but that they were saying this in anger.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, iiLifted said:

As a guy, its terrifying being put in a situation like that when you have no clue who's behind the computer screen. 

Who put you into that terrifying situation?

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I have never met anyone inworld who doesn't know about Maitreya or LeLutka, but I'm only in the adult community.

If this is true, you really need to meet more people.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Already missing you.. Why did you have to leave.

tumblr_m2r5m6ltnj1qlvj5ko1_400.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

True it's "never really called for".......but I think some might be more empathetic if the poster was a regular forum member who did not often display such behavior.  We might be more inclined to think they're simply having a bad day, and offer solutions. We'd know they probably weren't truly flouncing, but that they were saying this in anger.

You know how much I dislike angry ranting. It could happen to anyone of us though. We are all human.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

If this is true, you really need to meet more people.

Lol, I already have my hands full, and other things as well!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...