Stores that sell unrigged mesh clothes?

Reiille

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the title says, I'm looking for unrigged mesh clothes. I've been experimenting a lot with presentation and rediscovered this cute anime-esque human avatar stowed away in my inventory which had little to no clothes produced for it, so I'm trying to find options for a bigger wardrobe.

first of all hard to tell from your picture if you want male or female clothes..  aside from that, there are a lot of stores that sell outdated clothing items for really cheap, and most of those are mesh unrigged,  or there may be a size for classic avatars which is usually unrigged.   Maybe try typing classic mesh clothing in Market Place and see what comes up.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Reiille said:

As the title says, I'm looking for unrigged mesh clothes. I've been experimenting a lot with presentation and rediscovered this cute anime-esque human avatar stowed away in my inventory which had little to no clothes produced for it, so I'm trying to find options for a bigger wardrobe.

Unrigged mesh is all but unusable for clothing except for things like a small bikini or a suit of armor because it can't bend with the underlying avatar body.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

first of all hard to tell from your picture if you want male or female clothes..  aside from that, there are a lot of stores that sell outdated clothing items for really cheap, and most of those are mesh unrigged,  or there may be a size for classic avatars which is usually unrigged.   Maybe try typing classic mesh clothing in Market Place and see what comes up.  

I didn't specify which one because I don't do gender in SL (or anywhere else for that matter) so it's open to any and all recommendations, but thank you, i'll try that out 🙂 

1 hour ago, Reiille said:

or there may be a size for classic avatars which is usually unrigged.

I have to correct myself here..  should have said rigged instead of unrigged... my bad..  as for totally unrigged clthing, probably rare as hen's teeth now if any exists at all.. but as I said try MP as you never know what you can find there.

23 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Unrigged mesh is all but unusable for clothing except for things like a small bikini or a suit of armor because it can't bend with the underlying avatar body.

Yeah - back when sculpties were a thing we had small attachments like cuffs, lower legs for pants and so on, but it was really always a bodge of sorts.  A jacket, for example, had to be 5 pieces, with a body, upper arms and lower arms, and each piece had a large surrounding invisiprim (pre alphas) and even then as soon as you moved beyond a very sedate walk or stand anim it could look awful.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.