Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not if you used appliers and it's the same head and body used in the old outfits.  I guess you could make copies of the head and body with previous skin and replace those in the outfit folder but that is kind of a pain in the a**.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Not if you used appliers and it's the same head and body used in the old outfits.  I guess you could make copies of the head and body with previous skin and replace those in the outfit folder but that is kind of a pain in the a**.

It's a different head. But I'm going to have to redo all of my outfits with my new head, and I have 36.

Edited by Bagnu
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

It's a different head. But I'm going to have to redo all of my outfits with my new head, and I have 36.

I have one.  The mostly naked start from scratch I use when SL

is being unkind 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you finally get it to match Pearl?

I think I'm going to use a different skin and put the new appliers on that skin so the old outfits still have the old skin and appliers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TT120 said:

Did you finally get it to match Pearl?

I think I'm going to use a different skin and put the new appliers on that skin so the old outfits still have the old skin and appliers.

It's so close that I won't bother playing with it anymore. Well, maybe at some point.. Did you notice any seam yesterday???

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use outfits at all much anymore, but what I used to do was open the outfit folder and then just wear the clothing items, so it didn't automatically change my skin, makeup, hair ect.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Make one outfit with just your body stuff that you use as your 'base', then when saving any future clothing outfit, delete those base items from that, so that you have a clothing outfit that is just that, only clothing.

Replace body parts in base outfit. Done.

That will at least solve this for the future.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

It's so close that I won't bother playing with it anymore. Well, maybe at some point.. Did you notice any seam yesterday???

Yeah I was able to see it but I had to look hard, your hair was covering most of it. 

This was before you got the new skin though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fenimore Hapmouche said:

Make one outfit with just your body stuff that you use as your 'base', then when saving any future clothing outfit, delete those base items from that, so that you have a clothing outfit that is just that, only clothing.

Replace body parts in base outfit. Done.

That will at least solve this for the future.

Unfortunately Maitreya alpha's are a consideration as well. And they vary by some of my outfits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The link replace feature is a time saver.

I have a set of nude Outfits. They are my base avatars. I start all new outfits from these base outfits. Like Fenimore suggests. I have my Slink Original and Hourglass plus additional copies with fantasy skins.

When I get a new skin I decide if I plan to update all my outfits or just use it for new outfits. If I am replacing then I use Replace Links. If not, I make a new base nude outfit for the new skin, body, hear, or whatever.

This gives me great control over outfits making updates easy.

Once you learn to edit Outfits in the Inventory's Outfits Folder you can make Add-Remove outfits. These are outfits without a skin, head, body, and other parts. They just have the parts I want to add. You can do the same thing with any folder using Add to Outfit or Remove from Outfit. But outfits allow one to more easily activate Gestures. Both are ideal when there is a set of something you'll want to add to a large number of outfits. As an example my Flying Shadow catamaran has a set of HUDs and gestures that I need to add. But, it is all catamaran stuff I would keep with the boat.

For things that mix different things together I use an Outfit rather than a folder. It saves me putting links from other things in a folder like the catamaran folder. I think it reduces the number of inventory items I have to use.

But, there are multiple ways to do the same thing.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This why I save a naked base of Seren with neko tail, ears, and any huds I regular use or jewellery plus my skin appliers I always has on is saved in favourite attachments so much easier than having several outfits.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

As for alpha cuts, you can save them as a preset with the help of the included Save Sticks. A new stick per outfit.

Or if you're ever really bored: make your own auto alpha attachments. https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/alpha-auto-hide.html

I actually went further and created an autohide hud from a tutorial. I find it saves my alphas, but if I remove my clothing, they are still there. I know about the save stick. It's fine, but when I'm with a client I want to just remove my clothing, and have my full body back. It's more professional than having them watch me fiddle around.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps you could make an extra copy of your body, with your full body, no alphas, in an outfit folder to quickly wear when you want to get naked...? 

Or have a save stick with no alphas to apply to yourself?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Perhaps you could make an extra copy of your body, with your full body, no alphas, in an outfit folder to quickly wear when you want to get naked...? 

Or have a save stick with no alphas to apply to yourself?

I did do that. I like to keep my shoes on though, or sometimes stockings as well. I know no one would care if my shoes were different, but I do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Just add your shoes and / or stockings to your naked body outfit folder:)

All of them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

I did do that. I like to keep my shoes on though, or sometimes stockings as well. I know no one would care if my shoes were different, but I do. 

Ok, in all seriousness.  Perhaps the outfits you use for work could contain only clothing that requires no alpha.  There are several brands available that fit perfectly without having to use any alphas at all.  Just make sure to put the huds in with the outfit unless you make dedicated copies of each color.  Shoes especially since I often change the color for an outfit.  Even clothing with the auto alpha would be preferable to having to use the alpha hud or any saved alphas.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Ok, in all seriousness.  Perhaps the outfits you use for work could contain only clothing that requires no alpha.  There are several brands available that fit perfectly without having to use any alphas at all.  Just make sure to put the huds in with the outfit unless you make dedicated copies of each color.  Shoes especially since I often change the color for an outfit.  Even clothing with the auto alpha would be preferable to having to use the alpha hud or any saved alphas.

Your right. I should try and use outfits that fit perfectly. I just love some of the ones that don't though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...