Process credit question.

lomemori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I wanted to ask about process credit. 

I did sell some amounts of lindens a week ago, and my Paypal is still connected as "Receiving Account".

I do have leftover lindens in my account, and I just wanted to transfer to my paypal account.

But due to Tilia policy, those lindens I sold did not transfer to my Paypal because I didn't request process credit yet.

Of course I am able to certify ID, but I didn't have pay for any utility bill ever since I moved in my brother's place since end of March (due to COVID19). And it has to be "required utility bill showing address within 90 days".

And yes, I'm in Canada, so definitely certifying utility bill is required.

Is there any way to transfer my current lindens to Paypal other than process credit submission?

Or if there isn't utility bill history within 90 days, how should I certify utility bill?

16 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, lomemori said:

Hello, I wanted to ask about process credit. 

I did sell some amounts of lindens a week ago, and my Paypal is still connected as "Receiving Account".

I do have leftover lindens in my account, and I just wanted to transfer to my paypal account.

But due to Tilia policy, those lindens I sold did not transfer to my Paypal because I didn't request process credit yet.

Of course I am able to certify ID, but I didn't have pay for any utility bill ever since I moved in my brother's place since end of March (due to COVID19). And it has to be "required utility bill showing address within 90 days".

And yes, I'm in Canada, so definitely certifying utility bill is required.

Is there any way to transfer my current lindens to Paypal other than process credit submission?

Or if there isn't utility bill history within 90 days, how should I certify utility bill?

you can't go around Tilia, if they require info you have to provide it or don't use their services. Utility bill is just one form, there are other things that can replace that.Contact support for that if it's needed.
Its not because théy want it ( however never know the reasons for companies to ask , as a bit overdone example, the size of your underwear,) but it's the US Law demanding for the information and proof of indentity to prevent fraud

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you can't go around Tilia, if they require info you have to provide it or don't use their services. Utility bill is just one form, there are other things that can replace that.
Its not because théy want it ( however never know the reasons for companies to ask , as a bit overdone example, the size of your underwear,) but it's the US Law demanding for the information and proof of indentity to prevent fraud

Oh, I did see areas I can add extras, could that be replacable instead of utility bill?

Just now, Elise Banx said:

any bill that has your name and address on it will do

Does it have to be through bank only? Or Paypal transactions (with billing address info) are also acceptable? Because I definitely have paypal transactions with my name and address on them.

14 minutes ago, lomemori said:

Does it have to be through bank only? Or Paypal transactions (with billing address info) are also acceptable? Because I definitely have paypal transactions with my name and address on them.

Bank, cellphone, tax report etc

i have been unable to buy lindens since Tilia got released... this is stupid, we don't even use bills with addresses here anymore, we use internet for everything...
and god damn it, this is really concerning, why they need THAT much info about myself, they already have loads of information from me by using my VISA,
remember guys... we were never customers here, we are the product, and they are lucrating with our delicate information, this is not right in any way :/
why this company had to slow down such an easy and nice process, and make it a problematic issue to legit users like us?
.. been wandering around SL with 0L$ for ever now, because i still can't "verify" something that i have normally used for YEARS.

23 minutes ago, AruKuusouka said:

i have been unable to buy lindens since Tilia got released... this is stupid, we don't even use bills with addresses here anymore, we use internet for everything...
and god damn it, this is really concerning, why they need THAT much info about myself, they already have loads of information from me by using my VISA,
remember guys... we were never customers here, we are the product, and they are lucrating with our delicate information, this is not right in any way :/
why this company had to slow down such an easy and nice process, and make it a problematic issue to legit users like us?
.. been wandering around SL with 0L$ for ever now, because i still can't "verify" something that i have normally used for YEARS.

there must be a reason why they need it from you, because it are the exceptions who need to verify for the normal buying process, for the majority of users it's only needed to verify the data you provide when cashing out.

3 hours ago, AruKuusouka said:

lucrating with our delicate information

is that even a word???  If, by it, you mean that "they are making money off our personal information"...then no.  That's what Facebook does.  LL makes money when you send them some, to buy $L, to sell $L, to upload textures or other content, to pay Premium fees, to pay land tier.

Anyway...it should not be hard to verify that you are indeed you.  Why do they need to do that?  Because, United States laws.  If you can't show them a utility bill, ask them (via a Support case) to suggest some alternative means of identification.

Yes, people all over the world use SL.  However, the company is based in the United States, and those are the laws they have to comply with.

LL also follows other countries' laws, where that's necessary...for example, the EU's online privacy regulations.  No one is saying you're "not real", but they ARE required, by law, to have proof of just who the "real you" is.

You seem to be more interested in ranting than about actually solving your problem, so I'll leave this discussion now.  You've been told what you need to do; it's up to you whether you take effective action or just rant some more.

• Like 2

Some advise, verify all of your real information with the lab as is required, if you will not take these steps then you will not be able to cash out.    Laws are laws and LL is not going to face regulation and auditing and fines because you feel you do not need to provide information, the day and age of hiding and skipping out is mostly over with online,  adapting is what people have to do, it's just how it's going to be.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 3:05 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

you can't go around Tilia, if they require info you have to provide it or don't use their services. Utility bill is just one form, there are other things that can replace that.Contact support for that if it's needed.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:46 PM, AruKuusouka said:

No.

like i said, i did everything i was told to do, and there's still no functionality of something that used to take one click and few seconds.

Bye ^_^

I am having the same problem.  Been trying for months to get their photo of drivers licence accepted???  What can I do?

GJackie Winkler

23 hours ago, GJackie Winkler said:

When one goes to their help page, It all seems dead, pictures instructions, but nowhere to accept the pictures.  I am from Canada so they say they need picture of me for their records to prove it is me????

Jackie, you're right, there is nowhere in the automated system to submit proof of your identity.  What you must do is file a Support Case.  Go to "Connect With Us > Support" at the bottom of this page, then follow the links to create your request.

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

United States laws.

yup, they should consider that people all around the world connects to their servers, and the laws are different everywhere lol, and even if that's the case, having my VISA and my full name should be more than enough, but seriously, Tilia asked for my ID, my address, a copy of a bill to show up that i truly live here? this is getting like an old fashion witch hunt, where their point is to hunt down bots or fake users using who knows what, fake cards or something? i was once literally banned because someone gave me Lindens that where bought from an "illegal" source, how is that even possible now? all i want it’s an easy, fast and safe way to spend my money in this virtual world, we had a great option for several years, and now everything is suddenly delayed, slowed down, and argh, it’s been months and i still can't get thru this situation that shouldn't even happen nor exist in the first place because 9+ years of service should be more than enough to prove that I’m real, and not a bot or whatever they are trying to filter out with these unnecessary measures. And I’m pretty sure that its not just few, but many former SL residents that are disappointed with all these measures and are experiencing problems with it, I currently know a lot of users that are unable to buy Lidens, and many others that simply don’t login anymore because of this lack of flexibility and ease of acquisition when it comes to buy the virtual currency its being used here.

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

is that even a word??? 

lol, whatever?... i don't speak english natively, so yeah excuse my “engrish”.
But yeah: your home address, your full ID, a photo of yourself, your cellphone number, are the kind of sensitive information that no one, but only the police probably should have in their hands. Also, i see no reason on why wouldn't they "
make money off our personal information", every single business and social network do that in the US. it is like the irony of people feeling afraid of being spied by another government in a foreign app today (cof cof tik tok), when they have always been spied on by the NSA in the US “network soil”. Network packets are just that, packets, information, 0s and 1s that can be seen by anyone with the ability to packet sniff and the ISPs controlling the traffic anyway. The battle for the freedom of information and personal privacy was lost many years ago. Now if they are monetizing our information (which is honestly, normal in days like these), let us please have a guaranteed QoS in terms of functionality? ….

Edited by AruKuusouka

9 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You seem to be more interested in ranting than about actually solving your problem

No.

You've been told what you need to do; it's up to you whether you take effective action or just rant some more.

like i said, i did everything i was told to do, and there's still no functionality of something that used to take one click and few seconds.

so I'll leave this discussion now. 

Bye ^_^

Edited by AruKuusouka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.