slink male clipping issue

SigmaDeltaOmega

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

am i doing something wrong? cause every demo i try for the male slink body clips badly. pants, shirts, even over sized jackets are clipping. i've already tried changing to the slink default shape but no dice. does classic or redux makes a difference? i'm well aware i can just hide the clipping body part but...i feel like that's a major unnecessary when my avatars is standing straight with no ao compared to that of one of the female body mesh i used where. everything works perfectly out the box, she sit or poses. two or three adjustment and were all good. but this, little to nothing is working well. and btw. even the default pants that came with the body clips? how? clearly i'm doing something wrong. please help.

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, SigmaDeltaOmega said:

am i doing something wrong? cause every demo i try for the male slink body clips badly. pants, shirts, even over sized jackets are clipping. i've already tried changing to the slink default shape but no dice. does classic or redux makes a difference? i'm well aware i can just hide the clipping body part but...i feel like that's a major unnecessary when my avatars is standing straight with no ao compared to that of one of the female body mesh i used where. everything works perfectly out the box, she sit or poses. two or three adjustment and were all good. but this, little to nothing is working well. and btw. even the default pants that came with the body clips? how? clearly i'm doing something wrong. please help.

The most likely "wrong" thing you have done is not try enough brands of clothes. There are all levels of competence in the mesh clothes making industry.  I try on things "made for Maitreya Lara" many times a week that  aren't rigged and weighted properly.  Some original creators fit into this problematic category, but there are also plenty of full perm mesh clothes makers who really don't seem to adjust their clothing for the various bodies.  

So I suggest trying more brands and perhaps "name brands" if you have been looking in the less expensive categories.   I don't shop for menswear often so Cold Ash and Dead Wool are the only two names that my male friends mention often.  

So it is NOT you -- that's the good part. :D And it isn't just a GUY issue either. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2020 at 6:31 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

What do you mean by "clipping"? Please post some pictures of the problem.

On 8/6/2020 at 6:48 PM, Chic Aeon said:

The most likely "wrong" thing you have done is not try enough brands of clothes. There are all levels of competence in the mesh clothes making industry.  I try on things "made for Maitreya Lara" many times a week that  aren't rigged and weighted properly.  Some original creators fit into this problematic category, but there are also plenty of full perm mesh clothes makers who really don't seem to adjust their clothing for the various bodies.  

So I suggest trying more brands and perhaps "name brands" if you have been looking in the less expensive categories.   I don't shop for menswear often so Cold Ash and Dead Wool are the only two names that my male friends mention often.  

So it is NOT you -- that's the good part. :D And it isn't just a GUY issue either. 

19 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

your answer is in your post ... you DO have to use the alphacuts .

i think too much...why is what i want to ask. basically i feel like the alphacuts are something needed here and there. i shouldn't have to try on a pair of pants and oh look. it clips my legs by more than 30 to 45 percent. it's been less than 30 days and i've already dip my pockets into...kemono, jomo, thicc fox,  snaggletooth, maitreya and now slink male. all i'm saying is all the clothing i've tried for these other body meshes work 90 percent of the time.

the way i look at it. either A- the body mesh changed which alter how the created merchandise looked or B- the created merchant said " screw it, close enough, that what the alpha is for"

Lindal Kidd-I don't know how to show pics. i've try to do this before with an older topic but it fail to go through. what am i doing wrong? T.T

Chic Aeon-i tried cheap and expensive including the ones you suggested with no dice. T.T

Alwin Alcott-I already knew after so many failed demos that alpha is the only way. T.T

THX ALL your help is highly appreciated.

Several ways to share pictures.  You can snap them in world and save them to your hard drive.  Then you can either post them on a picture sharing site like Gyazo and provide us a link, or you can drag the image to the Attachment area at the bottom of your text entry box.

But I understand your problem now...you are concerned because too much of your body is poking through your clothes.  This is very common, especially for closely-tailored clothing.  It doesn't mean the clothes are poorly made.  It may also mean that your personal choices for your shape exceeded what the designer was expecting.  You can a) wear a different size (if the item comes in sizes) or b) change your shape to be less extreme or c) make use of the alpha cuts in the HUD.  If the item comes with a separate alpha mask item, you can use that with your classic body, or you can use it with a BoM enabled mesh body.  Sometimes, I've combined the use of an alpha mask and the HUD's alpha cuts to get around some area where the designer, er, "missed a spot".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.