Cutting up land and group bonus questions

Ruby Reynaud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions. 

I've seen some strange sized parcels for sale that are not in multiples of 512. I found a cute little plot but it's 576 sqm. Can I buy the plot and then carve off the extra sqm and abandon that land and turn the plot into a 512?

Along the same lines--I own a small 1024 parcel, group owned. The extra 10% bonus is so small that it seems useless. I have 93 sqm additional. It seems unlikely I would find a plot to buy that size and even if I did the amount of prims coming with it would be negligible. Is the group bonus only beneficial when owning large amounts of land? Taking that thought further if I was in the 25$ tier level and owned 4096 sqm via my group I would have an additional 409 sqm to purchase (the 10% bonus ). That's not even a 512 sqm plot so why is this helpful? Or am I misunderstanding group land?

Thanks!

Ruby :)

1 answer to this question

You sort of answered one of your own questions there, the 576 plot has 64sqm extra on it & then ask about why 93sqm would be useful hehe

Yes, the 10% bonus is obviously better the more land you have, but bear in mind that there is 10% on the 10% on the 10% so 409sqm would be 409+40+4 if it is all deeded.

You can buy the 576 and abandon or sell some if you wanted to, but if you only have 512 available left on your tier level it would push you into the next level to buy a 576. Even if you abandoned the extra land 5 mins later, your peak usage for the month would be higher and you would be charged the extra for a full month.

As for your question about multiples of 512, land is actually made up of multiples of 16sqm.

If you have bonus land available, look for small plots on the same sim and you will be able to use the extra few prims on your main plaot even if they are not joined together & just leave the small one empty.

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.