Where is my money??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I bought L$s for 50US$ ... the money was fetched from Skrill without problems. Today I see that the order failed, see this image. The money wasn't brought back to Skrill, but if I try to buy L$s again I'ld have to buy more US$ 'cause the buy-option doesn't seem to know that there is money on my account. So: Where is my money and how can I buy L$ with the money I actually have?

Thx for your help!
Nighty

20 minutes ago, Nightfairy Wrydan said:

Yesterday I bought L$s for 50US$ ... the money was fetched from Skrill without problems. Today I see that the order failed, see this image. The money wasn't brought back to Skrill, but if I try to buy L$s again I'ld have to buy more US$ 'cause the buy-option doesn't seem to know that there is money on my account. So: Where is my money and how can I buy L$ with the money I actually have?

Thx for your help!
Nighty

If the transaction failed, your USD balance should show a value.  Double check your dashboard - center section:  https://secondlife.com/my/account/

image.png.92379797f9070e024ad4fa64c9ddc0de.png

If there is money there, then that is where the L$ purchase will come from.  If that shows nothing and Skrill doesn't show the money, then contact LL Billing:

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131008-billing-support

Please note that phone support is for billing issues only.  If you're having technical issues, please contact our technical support team.    
Billing support phone numbers
Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
Long-Distance: 703.286.6277
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 6pm EST(6am to 3pm PST), Monday through Friday.

• Like 1

I see you used Limit buy, meaning you are willing to buy Lindens but for a certain price and not higher..this kind of buy/sell usually takes a while as it has to be matched with a seller/buyer and you aren`t first on the list. Your money did not disappear, it is reserved so to speak....This may take a few weeks even, so, if you are in a hurry, cancel this order and  just buy Lindens without any limits at  current rate and your money will be there instantly (a bit less compared to limit buy)...

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, MaxMare said:

I see you used Limit buy, meaning you are willing to buy Lindens but for a certain price and not higher..this kind of buy/sell usually takes a while as it has to be matched with a seller/buyer and you aren`t first on the list. Your money did not disappear, it is reserved so to speak....This may take a few weeks even, so, if you are in a hurry, cancel this order and  just buy Lindens without any limits at  current rate and your money will be there instantly (a bit less compared to limit buy)...

Excellent info MaxMare. In my limited experience this has changed since Tilia. Before Tilia I was able to purchase L$ with the delayed better exchange rate and all transactions were completed within an hour or so. Now with Tilia I have a Limited order that has been unfulfilled for two days. The minimal difference in exchange rates means a Limited order is not worthwhile - unless you check into SL once a week (or however long the order takes top fulfill).

• Haha 1

It's nothing to do with Tilia.  It's everything to do with how much the exchange rate is fluctuating, and how often it reaches the rate you offered, and how many orders at that rate were placed before yours.

Besides...where is your money?  All your money iz belong to me!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Waialae said:

Excellent info MaxMare. In my limited experience this has changed since Tilia. Before Tilia I was able to purchase L$ with the delayed better exchange rate and all transactions were completed within an hour or so. Now with Tilia I have a Limited order that has been unfulfilled for two days. The minimal difference in exchange rates means a Limited order is not worthwhile - unless you check into SL once a week (or however long the order takes top fulfill).

if your rate is in line with the market all will go fine. You seem to like to refer to the old days, but those rates are gone for a while, you get less L$ for your dollar now. If you'r asking to much ( or few) you'll simply go back in line before your order processes.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Axel Naxos said:

Does this type of purchase allow cancellation if it takes too long to be answered?

Yes, indeed it does. Its a long time ago that I did that, so I don't remember the exact process, but its not difficult to cancel. You should be able to go back into your bid and a cancel option is there.

Try LindeX Exchange - Manage - LideX Order History - Your Open Orders.

I think you can cancel from there.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.