Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am looking for some help regarding scripting. I have a personal RP HUD that I use for my SIM. And when I click on it, it opens up a list of places to teleport to on my SIM. But when I click on it, it opens up the viewers 'world map' to use to teleport. Any way I can not have it open up the viewers WM and just have it TP on the SIM? This is for multiple places on the SIM. Any help is appreciated.

 

Script details: I am using touch face scripts. all in one, if touched within these coords on the texture it does THIS.

Edited by GevaudanVallejo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. The details kinda depend how the HUD gets attached. If by "personal RP HUD" you mean a normal thing you attach from inventory, no problem. If it's temp-attached, perhaps from touching a sign or something, then it's more involved (and you'll want an Experience for your region). But for the normal attachment case: somewhere in the script it calls llMapDestination()... instead it can use llTeleportAgent(). (Because you're only doing it within the region, you don't need the slightly trickier llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords.) You already have the position vector, so you can just use the empty string in place of a landmark. First, though, the script will need to get PERMISSION_TELEPORT at some point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Yeah. The details kinda depend how the HUD gets attached. If by "personal RP HUD" you mean a normal thing you attach from inventory, no problem. If it's temp-attached, perhaps from touching a sign or something, then it's more involved (and you'll want an Experience for your region). But for the normal attachment case: somewhere in the script it calls llMapDestination()... instead it can use llTeleportAgent(). (Because you're only doing it within the region, you don't need the slightly trickier llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords.) You already have the position vector, so you can just use the empty string in place of a landmark. First, though, the script will need to get PERMISSION_TELEPORT at some point.

I don't want to use MapDestination, because that opens the map which I do not want to happen. I want them to wear the HUD, it opens up a menu. Click on the destination, and it teleport you there on the SIM. TeleportAgent requires a LM which I don't want to use. Because the script shouldn't need it.

Edited by GevaudanVallejo
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GevaudanVallejo said:

 this is not my scripting. So I am trying to see if anyone has a script of it. 

Then you've kinda got the wrong forum because I'm afraid you're looking for a product, and we're sorta geared to helping folks write their own scripts. If there were an open-source example that did what you want, somebody might accidentally know about it and point you to it, but that touch-map thing (probably using llDetectedTouchUV) seems hard to generalize in a simple example script.

So maybe try the product Wanted forum, or the work-for-hire one? This isn't a particularly weird nor difficult scripting problem, so I bet you'll find a usable product, maybe even on Marketplace.

Edited by Qie Niangao
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

Then you've kinda got the wrong forum because I'm afraid you're looking for a product, and we're sorta geared to helping folks write their own scripts. If there were an open-source example that did what you want, somebody might accidentally know about it and point you to it, but that touch-map thing (probably using llDetectedTouchUV) seems hard to generalize in a simple example script.

So maybe try the product Wanted forum, or the work-for-hire one? This isn't a particularly weird not difficult scripting problem, so I bet you'll find a usable product, maybe even on Marketplace.

No I am not looking for a product. I am needing assistance with the script. Because I have the script, I am wanting to remove the opening of the map. I am just confused to finding what can I use to replace that. Detected TouchUV is saying texture. Would that work with imputing the cords into it? The texture is a MENU something like this:

 

First Area
Second Area
Third Area
and so on..

 

So when they touch the area needed it ports you. Is that possible? And I have the right forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, if you have the script already... I get it, you don't have permission to post it, so we're kinda doing telemedicine surgery wearing blindfolds. Cool! ;) 

I think the llDetectedTouchUV is already being used to figure out which area is touched and then the script is doing some lookup to find the position it currently uses in a call to llMapDestination. What I'm suggesting is that instead of llMapDestination, it can use llTeleportAgent, and as I said you can simply use that same position vector in the call to llTeleportAgent, and just an empty string for the landmark. The more significant change, though, is somewhere the script must obtain permission to teleport the avatar to which it's attached. That might be done in the attach() event, maybe, but without seeing the script it's a little hard to guess (I mean, maybe it already calls llRequestPermissions for some unrelated reason, and then this new permission would need to get woven into that logic).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GevaudanVallejo said:

TeleportAgent requires a LM which I don't want to use. Because the script shouldn't need it.

llTeleportAgent does not require an LM. You can put region coordinates for a destination into the function's second parameter instead of providing a LM reference as the first parameter. It's very easy.  And as long as you are using llTeleportAgent in a HUD, so it is teleporting the owner, it's the perfect solution to your problem.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...