Jump to content

Thread for no multiple alts Linden Home seekers


Ethereal Silvercloud
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello I've started this thread out of frustration . I would like a thread for people looking for linden homes that don't have so many multiple accounts, meaning the frustration we go through trying to get a home in the competition of mega home owners that grab up a large portion of the homes when they are released leaving the scraps for us .  I hope this topic is allowed as it's a real issue for many of us . We are not trying to shame anyone, but we are in a different group. People who can only afford premium for one avatar. I have premium and my husband has premium so we have two linden homes slots for us , well one we are still looking. I hope it's ok to have another thread as this is a real issue. The thread is just about looking for homes but hopefully with people that aren't grabbing stuff up with multiple alts.  Presently we are seeking as many are a Victorian on the sea. right near the water. 

Edited by Ethereal Silvercloud
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ethereal Silvercloud said:

Hello I've started this thread out of frustration . I would like a thread for people looking for linden homes that don't have so many multiple accounts, meaning the frustration we go through trying to get a home in the competition of mega home owners that grab up a large portion of the homes when they are released leaving the scraps for us .  I hope this topic is allowed as it's a real issue for many of us . We are not trying to shame anyone, but we are in a different group. People who can only afford premium for one avatar. I have premium and my husband has premium so we have two linden homes slots for us , well one we are still looking. I hope it's ok to have another thread . 

Many many hours spent waiting and watching without a show of grabbing anything and mega owners have multiple homes.  Backing you babe we need our own thread the no multiple alts linden home lookers I reckon , can you change the name?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are going to get people in here arguing that they are actually performing a service for the less fortunate by grabbing all the lovely homes and re-releasing them one by one, at times when there is nothing else available. They have a point, tbh: I don't think I've ever managed to get a home that wasn't an abandon. At the beginning I was just grateful to grab anything. I'm pickier now, but I'm still nervous about abandoning a place I like in case I can't get anything better. It took about six hours of refreshing to get my current one, I think. There is enough stock now that eventually you will get something. Even the 'scraps' are miles better than the old Linden homes.

Is it annoying when people have dozens of houses and hang on to them indefinitely without even bothering to decorate? Well, yes, but that's kind of how capitalism works; rich people can do what they like. In an ideal world every premium member would be allocated a 1024 automatically, without having to refresh for hours, but it's in LL's interests to encourage people to invest in premium so the trend for more and more alts is not going away any time soon.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, usagihara said:

You are going to get people in here arguing that they are actually performing a service for the less fortunate by grabbing all the lovely homes and re-releasing them one by one, at times when there is nothing else available. They have a point, tbh: I don't think I've ever managed to get a home that wasn't an abandon. At the beginning I was just grateful to grab anything. I'm pickier now, but I'm still nervous about abandoning a place I like in case I can't get anything better. It took about six hours of refreshing to get my current one, I think. There is enough stock now that eventually you will get something. Even the 'scraps' are miles better than the old Linden homes.

 

I'm not sure what I'm wanting for the thread except for a place for linden home seekers to be heard without the multiple alt people telling us to pipe down.  Yes I'm really grateful for the new homes , love them all in their own way.  Having a fighting chance to get one is the issue I guess. All the places we've had have been abandons except for one log home we did luck out on with a release, that was when none of the multiples were around.  we had it for three months and it was right on the water and not even on the road. But the victorians called back to us. I was so reluctant to let the log homes go for sure , I abandoned it and then took it back straight away lol, but then took the leap and abandoned again . So we are back in the mix.  I forgot how frustrating it is.   I suppose if it's meant to be maybe we'll get lucky again, since we can't buy our luck.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank You for making this thread.  Many times I was told to pipe down when I started being vocal about the multiple alt home owners in the other thread and in the end I just gave up talking about it.   I had quite a few forum lurkers contact me in-world expressing their anger about the situation who were actually too scared to come onto the forum because of fear of backlash. 

I downgraded this avatar because of the whole situation.  I was lucky enough to get quite a few beautiful homes on release day but my happiness was short lived when I realised I was living next door to the alts of the land company.  They quickly set up their colourful add-ons, sparkly trees and plants then buggered off never to be seen again.  I landed a house in Carders Mill a few days ago and before I tossed it back I noticed they have one of their vics filled with grass and woodland animals!  IMO it ruins the whole community feel if they have 4 or 5 houses all in a row or in close proximity.  I also recently landed a house back in North Wall and noticed they have a lodger or maybe it's a squatter... but some guy has placed all his furniture and moved in! They've obvs not been round there in a while as the outside trees are still all black triangles just like they have been for weeks! 

I noticed the self appointed GOH's Queen got 3 spots on Whither - all prime locations of course, which will now no doubt be passed to her mates or kept because of her greed and you can bet that when Barker is released she'll be there too! 

I went back to the log and trad homes but still have hopes of finding a vic that I love so I keep on trying I just don't post my abandons on the thread for fear of the wrong people snapping them up. 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I totally get it, especially given that I had to wait months for my first LH thanks to the resource hogs.  And even then, it was not ideal.  I've since lucked out as Linden has increased the supply of homes.  I now have homes for alts, and can see the point of feeling like if someone pays for a second account that second account ought to have everything any other paid account gets, regardless of how many accounts someone is paying for.  That said, I still take issue with some segments of the population.  If someone has unique alts for different purposes, such as my decision to have a separate alt for pretending my avi is as old as my initial account (in other words, my main is played as an adult, my alt is about to turn 14 years old), then by all means, they both should have homes.  Having empty do-nothing alts with empty undeveloped zero-object zero-traffic homes, playing the resource-hog game, because "capitalism", well, screw you for ruining everything from the real world to the virtual one, didn't you learn in kindergarten how to share your toys?  Same deal for people who play the pixel-priveledge game:  "Oh my, you complain too much.  Why can't you be happy with your slum home, ooops, forgot this isn't real life, I mean why can't you be happy with your Meadowbrook home?  Nothing says you get to have a Kennilworth er I mean Lake Forrest er I mean uh um oh yeah BELLI home if you pay just as much as the rest of us."  Dealing with people like that in real life is obnoxious enough, but to have to put up with it in a past time?  Funk that.  So I feel your pain.  Especially if they essentially give arguments equivalent to saying, "Well, we are actually HELPING you wipe your ass by buying up all the toilet paper!  How ELSE are Charmin, Angelsoft, and QuiltyCrap going to produce extra tp just for you if we WEREN'T hogging it all?  Show some gratitude, peasant, or you'll be using just your hands for ANOTHER month!"

What has helped is the Moles pumping out home after home after home.  Also really refining each and every neighborhood and parcel, to the point where they're all great, things are just a matter of preference.  Hang in there.  You'll get your dream home, eventually.  And you'll enjoy it a lot more than those with such sad empty lives they've got nothing better to do than collect yet another pixelated suburbanite Karen Castle, just for the sake of owning another thing to clutch while whispering, "mine...mine...mine..."

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And p.s., their "mine mine mine mine MINE!" attitude is one of the reason me and my alts, and my friends and their alts, and many other Belli folks, make sure to have our homes open to the public.  There's even a guy who specifically set up a group for "homeless" Bellisserians -- you don't need to actually own a home in Belli to be a "citizen". 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got two homes a camper and a victorian. I am mentioning it here because the victorian could maybe fit the bill of what you want and is leaving me mid month so I can economise on one premium account camper/mainland vibe. It's the second slurl in my signature.  I realise this is not the point of your thread but finding what you want might help...I got the home myself from a generous person with many houses and turned it into an attraction. I was in with competition clickers but I was lucky enough. It might not have enough water? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

one day I hope the Moles will make some canal regions. Canals will provide more water frontage properties. Canals can connect to rivers to the sea. So people can boat from their canal side homes to the sea and back again

Yes! I loved my home in Wolfboro by the canal. Left it to try houseboats!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I've got two homes a camper and a victorian. I am mentioning it here because the victorian could maybe fit the bill of what you want and is leaving me mid month so I can economise on one premium account camper/mainland vibe. It's the second slurl in my signature.  I realise this is not the point of your thread but finding what you want might help...I got the home myself from a generous person with many houses and turned it into an attraction. I was in with competition clickers but I was lucky enough. It might not have enough water? 

Feel I should clarify the tone of this having read the other thread now!  - I don't feel like I am above anyone else when popping a home back in nor do I feel anyway beneath anyone else who is giving up a home. Even if the giver seems to be assuming that role with me, water off my back. I've spent countless hours at the LP over the last year and had some of the most amazing plots Bellisseria has to offer. Often I sat for six hours or more. Now I have more productive things to do! Almost never had more than one at once (because that is counter productive to my goal of just one good un). 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck getting Linden Lab to change their policy that gets them a Premium Payment per alt.  Now if there was an multi-buy alt discount, say, 5 for the price 4, I could get behind ya.

Edited by Anna Nova
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@HylaRegilla You've still got a shot at a place.  Just as much as the rest of us.  It all comes down to how many are the Lindens spitting out each day, combined with how many get abandoned.  The recent release of thousands of log homes all at once really helped.  I'd suggest try premium for a month.  There are other advantages to membership.  See if you get a Linden Home or not.  Experiment with cheap Mainland parcels.  And if you decide it's not for you, cancel before the renewal date, and cash in your Linden stipends. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rabid Cheetah said:

@HylaRegilla You've still got a shot at a place.  Just as much as the rest of us.  It all comes down to how many are the Lindens spitting out each day, combined with how many get abandoned.  The recent release of thousands of log homes all at once really helped.  I'd suggest try premium for a month.  There are other advantages to membership.  See if you get a Linden Home or not.  Experiment with cheap Mainland parcels.  And if you decide it's not for you, cancel before the renewal date, and cash in your Linden stipends. 

The log home was the one I did not want to try, but thank you, I appreciate it. 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I had a friend who snagged one the first day they were out, couldn't figure out what to do with it.  Finally abandoned it last week, but kept getting the same dang parcel when would try again.  Then sudden;y got a houseboat, and when going there was like, hmmm this region sounds familiar, doesn't Rabid live - OMG I AM RABID'S NEW NEIGHBOR!  Odds of that are probably very low, but it happens.  We've been collaborating, along with another friend who lucked out getting a trailer one region over, to give both adjacent parcels a bit of a combined theme look.  So you never know what you're going to get.  And now I sound like Forrest Gump lol

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
me hate typos
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Don't you DARE take a bulldozer to the Cabinet of Curiosities!!!

It will return! I could spend money keeping it going and just sitting there but to let someone have it for their home and find a new place for it when I can run it as I want to, totally seems just. Run off my feet now in RL and SL :) 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

one day I hope the Moles will make some canal regions. Canals will provide more water frontage properties. Canals can connect to rivers to the sea. So people can boat from their canal side homes to the sea and back again

I hope they also increase the numbers/density of rez zones for that. It ruins the mood to travel several sims just to rez a vehicle.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I hope they also increase the numbers/density of rez zones for that. It ruins the mood to travel several sims just to rez a vehicle.

each parcel could have a canal bay so we can rez our own canal boat on our own parcel

something like:

______________________
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|      parcel        |
|                    |
|  __________        |
|_/   bay    \_______|
         
        CANAL  
_______            __
|      \__________/  |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|                    |
|____________________|

i think a bay 16m long by 8m deep would be ok for a canal boat

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...