How can I stop XXXXXX griefing me?

BigCat Benelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

BigCat Benelli wrote:

Anyone got any idea how to stop Crafty Waxen griefing me at my private house? He persists in turning up, will not acknowledge IMs or chat, and is frightening the life out of my partner.

Anyone with any good ideas about how to grief a griefer, please let me know. His name is CRAFTY WAXEN. Beware.

Hi, BigCat, and welcome to Second Life Answers.

In answer to your question about "how to grief a griefer", the short answer is, you DON'T grief a griefer. As others have said you submit an inworld abuse report, telling LL that this person persistently harrasses yourself and your friends in your home, but make full use of the other anti-griefing tools available to you. Example, you say you are on your own land, then you can set the land so this person is denied access from it.  Also you and your friends can mute the griefer.

DO NOT retailiate in any way, as this will only feed the griefer, and they will undoubtedly just create alt after alt and grief you even more. (Unless he is just a stray bot, in which case, banning him from your land will cause him to stray elsewhere.)

Please also remove the griefer's name from this forum thread, as you are now in breach of the forum Terms of Service and you could face disciplinary action yourself as a result. 

Good luck.

I agree with the other posters here. Remove the name. If you seriously want to "grief a griefer" you can find out that you are banned from SL. Fill an Abuse report and let Linden Lab deal with it.

But I am curious, what is he doing? He just teleports in? If you rent land or have bought land that somebody owned before you, they can still have set their "home destination" to that piece of land. If they are lazy and don't bother to search for an Infohub to set as a new home destination, they will pop in there every time they log in at "home" or push "home" button.

Have you talked to this person? Asked him why he comes there? Does he hang around, or just leaves immediatly? And do you have some security orb installed? Can you set up Ban lines, is that allowed in the covenant?

Just what the other posters said, and you can considerer getting a security orb too (you can find that in the market place):

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/fr-FR/products/search?search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=security+orb

But in all cases, follow the advices given here : ignore, mute, ban, file an AR. And never ever mention a name in these forums otherwise YOU could be in trouble.

As others have said, Abuse Report (AR).  AR them each and every time they break the TOS.  Be sure to be as complete as possible when you fill out the report.  Attach logs of IM or local chat.  Try to get good screenshots as you report.

And keep it up.

Also appeal to any land/estate/group owners or managers where you are being griefed.  They are often more responsive than LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.