Avatar will not change state - cache won't clear

Rhonda Bianco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pretty frustrated here and could use any help. I can't put any clothing or attachments on my avi whatsoever. I can take them off but this starts the whirling timer in the outfit tab going and prevents anything from being put on the avi. When I relog, it puts the old outfit and attachments on and puts me back to home even if I picked 'last location. Also, the cahe will will not clear. Trying to restart any viewer after reseting cache, just crashes the veiwer...then it loads without having reset the cache.

This has even persisted through a complete reinstal of all SL veiwers and deletion of every SL related file on my PC I could think of plus empty trash and reboot.

It doesn't do it on other avatars

started for me when I was playing with the new physics.. I was close to done with a new physics layer in The Kirsten's veiwer. Once I saved it, I could no longer attach or edit it. I soon found out that was true of everything in my inventory.

If it's a LL glitch I'm sure there will be a fix along soon (I hope). The cache thing is a bigger concern to me. If it won't reset, I'll be maxed out soon and will just crash every 3 seconds no matter what.

On the good side, I'm at least stuck in a state that isn't hard on the eyes. Problem is, my SL work requires me to change clothing pretty frequently so it's not an option to stay like this forever

Hello Rhonda. I noticed today that 3-4 other users complain for the same issue today. Did you clear your cache manually?

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

After that try to log in Smith It is a protected land without lag which recommended. There open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one and try again.

Clearing cache doesn't help and thats not a cure all anyways, matter of fact it doesn't cure most problems... and be sure not to purchase anythign at the moment because its just a waste of lindens as you wont get it and it wont show up in your account history... but the linden will sure be gone.:matte-motes-angry:

Im having similar trouble since today, I cant save landmarks, I cant delete anything from my inventory, notecards won't save and the ones I do have I cannot delete.  Driving me insane, tried three different viewers no difference.  Just rented a new place and I cant even set it as my home :matte-motes-crying:

No luck Loveangel, but thx, was worth a try.  Think I'll have a nap and try later. I'm no super geek but I'd venture to guess the server that stores this avi's data is locked in a read only mode while an update is applied. Only thing I can figure.

and to above, I cannot delete any items either. Tried pitching the possibly offending physics layer I created and it just persistantly appeared back in my inventory

SL is having hiccups again. We had a long period of peace concerning the asset servers. Well, all good things come to an end.

I cannot delete my own prims either at the moment. Only work-around I found is making them "temporary" or putting a small script with llDie() into them. This still works.

I find it very frustrating that information policy under the new regime of Rodvik has even become worse than before. And I thought it couldn't get any worse. There used to be some information about technical problems at http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ but not any more.

The value of informations on the blog approaches Zero and even the announcements of the CEO tend to stay announcements and don't become reality: 

Rodvik Linden wrote on the blog on May 6th:

"For those who are wondering why I haven’t mentioned our initiatives on fixing lag, and other updates from the technology side of the house, FJ and Bagman will be updating you on those items next week. In the meantime, thanks to all of you for your continued support!"

This update seems overdue to me but maybe that comes of living in a different timezone - lol.

While being frustrated about the technical problems and the lack of any informations about pending solutions I try hard not to imagine that Second Life is dying but ...

I have a dream instead:

Torley is working day and night on tutorials about the new features Rodvik is going to announce during the next few days: No more lag, all parcels get double prim allowance, mega prims up to 50x50x50m become a feature, the new sculpties are here to use, there is going to be a new and easier way to use animations, the editor will work as well as group chat and ...

...  /me dreams on.

Im glad i'm not alone. I've been stuck shirtless all morning. Tried clearing cache and updating my viewer, and i'm still having the same issue. Im a photographer and spent an hour photographing one of my clients and found out the hard way that none of the photos transferred and worse, when I re-logged all my photos were missing from my inventory, but my money was sure gone. So i had to refund my client and lost money while doing so. FMSL.

I am haven the very same problem. I am using Win Xp with Viewer Phoenix Viewer 1.5.2 (1102) May 14 2011 18:19:22 (Phoenix Viewer Release) then logged out of Xp and Loaded up Ubuntu and Used Phoenix Viewer there also used Lindens Viewer all with the same problems, I even logged in alt account still the same. It is like logging in jumping back in time/roll back

There are a lot of people with this problem. I'm one of them. The grid status page does not list anything so far, but that is really no surprise. As far as I have seen, the issues are listed only after they have been fixed.

I think we all have to be patient. That's all we can do really.

- Luc -

yep i logged at lunchtime (uk time) and all was well, doing some building, when i managed to log back in, after about a dozen "login failed" notices, i couldnt take/delete, or return any iitens, all stuff that i tried to delete through inv, was copied back to the original folders as well as trash

to make matters worse i was stuck wearing the  greek armor id been working on, but in part random fashions. Having a cloak for a hand sucks. And i'd bought a rez and take item that didnt auro return to my inventory. Today has been a bad day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.