Why Do Some Large Stores Restrict Teleport Routing to a Landing Point?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

THAT is the real thing that loses me as a customer.

If I can't buy it on the MP, I'm not gonna buy it at all.

Which is your choice and their choice to not care about losing you as a customer.

Which means you probably don't use many of the well known mesh bodies. For many of them are only sold inworld.

19 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

outsourced to Mumbai

I hope you sensed the sarcasm in my comment; I was in no way endorsing the practice! There's a lot of reasons that I don't like having to deal with call centres in foreign countries. Job losses in the home country is just one of them, and I was very sad to hear that you'd experienced this at first hand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

It's the opposite for me, if it's available inworld and not on the MP, I'll buy it as long as it's copy/mod (except clothing).

If it's only on MP, no sale (except clothing) .

On 8/7/2020 at 5:54 AM, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Personally, my store is pretty compact so you're not going to walk much to get what you want.

That being said, given my store location, I don't think I'm commiting a sin by having a landing point, since falling or getting stuck in the ceiling is probably not a good experience either.

If the store is small, it's not a problem, which is why I asked specifically about large stores.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 7:14 AM, Qie Niangao said:

When does this work? I swear I've seen it work, too, but most times I get some message about not being able to teleport closer to the destination (although even then there's a handy beacon showing where I wanted to go, so all is not lost). Is it some function of how the region's teleport routing is set up? or maybe some "ability" that's in the (active?) group role? I don't think it can be a shared delusion that it works, sometimes, but I bet we wouldn't have to try very hard to find somewhere it doesn't work.

It works for me all the time. Reading other replies I am going to experiment with Group tags. I almost always have mine on so that could be why it always works for me.

If a forced landing point prevents even a minority of customers from finding things, that's not good.

I may have to rebuild the store and move things around so those old links at least don't send people into a wall or a floor so I can get rid of it.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:20 PM, Odaks said:

IF you are a member of the appropriate group, AND have that group active before you arrive, AND your group entitlements include "ignore the landing point", you can indeed teleport anywhere once you have arrived in the parcel.

Otherwise, any attempt to teleport to a different spot will result in you going back to the Landing Point.

Gonna look into this. I may have to rethink my current set up.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:37 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

Personally, i HATE listing things on the MP. Since LL did away with the dropbox they have made it much more of a process to list things. It would be amazing if they made their own vendors inworld that linked to the MP, but until then, most of my items are inworld at my store. 

Which does have a landing point. Why, because i want it to. I have two private areas that i dont want strangers TPing into.

I find a lot of the comments in this thread hilarious. Respect customers preferences? Why cant customers respect the merchants preferences? "But without me they wouldn't have a store." Yes, yes they would. Stop thinking you are the center of the universe. Its their land, their store and they pay for it.  Why is it acceptable to say "Their sim, their rules" when it comes to banning whatever or restricting their sim to what they want, but a store owner has a Landing point and its a mortal sin.

How about a thank you for the days worth of work put in each creation? 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Personally, i HATE listing things on the MP. Since LL did away with the dropbox they have made it much more of a process to list things. It would be amazing if they made their own vendors inworld that linked to the MP, but until then, most of my items are inworld at my store. 

Which does have a landing point. Why, because i want it to. I have two private areas that i dont want strangers TPing into.

I find a lot of the comments in this thread hilarious. Respect customers preferences? Why cant customers respect the merchants preferences? "But without me they wouldn't have a store." Yes, yes they would. Stop thinking you are the center of the universe. Its their land, their store and they pay for it.  Why is it acceptable to say "Their sim, their rules" when it comes to banning whatever or restricting their sim to what they want, but a store owner has a Landing point and its a mortal sin.

How about a thank you for the days worth of work put in each creation? 

Few would consider what a DrakeMart needs.
Signed, LunaMart

Lately, if I do bother to log in, I envision my head as a square industrial device -- my mouth opens and I shoot out "products" to be rapidly consumed.  

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Confused 1

Yeah I think store owners can do whatever suits them. I don't mind landing points, except when an item is too far away, the area search zoom actually doesn't work.

What matters more to me is being able to fly in large stores. There was a huge store full of prefabs where I used to fly around to look at the houses but one day the owner decided to take away the flying option and I didn't bother anymore. I couldn't think of why they'd do that, but hey, it's their store.

Often its so you see all the signs for group join, group gifts, current hunts, etc. It can definitely be annoying if you have an LM going to a specific item. What I do is cam to the vendor I want, open my map and set a map beacon where my camera is, then I can just walk to the beacon. If you have the Slurl for the location you want, you can just enter the coordinates into the map and hit enter to set the beacon.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.