Question

I'm want to  buy Lindens, but I'm also unemployed at the moment so I don't have an bank account but I do get money sent to my playpal for the small work that I do. Is thee a way to still get Lindens without having a active bank account? Or just some way that I can buy Lindens so that i can work in Second Life Rp to turn my Lindens into real money? his is the message that I get unknown.png

7 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, remyma8303 said:

I'm want to  buy Lindens, but I'm also unemployed at the moment so I don't have an bank account but I do get money sent to my playpal for the small work that I do. Is thee a way to still get Lindens without having a active bank account? Or just some way that I can buy Lindens so that i can work in Second Life Rp to turn my Lindens into real money? his is the message that I get unknown.png

Depending on where you live you can have a basic bank account (without all the perks of overdrafts etc) without being employed.  As well as paypal  I think LL accepts Skrill but I don't know if that involves having to have a verified bank account but I would imagine it does

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Depending on where you live you can have a basic bank account (without all the perks of overdrafts etc) without being employed.  As well as paypal  I think LL accepts Skrill but I don't know if that involves having to have a verified bank account but I would imagine it does

First sorry for all the spelling mistakes, I was tired  lol. But I live in the US and I'm trying this Chime no fee required bank account. I tried Skrill but i couldn't link PayPal to it and yeah I still need a bank account. But thank youuuu, I'll see if this Chime thing works and update this when it's verified. 🙂

13 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Wow, I didn't know that in some countries bank accounts are tied to employment. o_o

Me either and I didn't have this problem a few years ago when I joined SL so the linked bank thing must be new. I just wanted to get back into playing it so hopefully the bank that I have works now, I just want a cute avi 😩

You don't need steady employment to have a bank account, and some accounts are very low fee or no fee.  In fact, if you have a bank account, it may make it more likely you'll find work, as it's an indication to potential employers that you're a steady person.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, remyma8303 said:

Me either and I didn't have this problem a few years ago when I joined SL so the linked bank thing must be new. I just wanted to get back into playing it so hopefully the bank that I have works now, I just want a cute avi 😩

I too have a PayPal account backed with a bank account as my payment method. So its been like that for a few years (I installed this payment method, when Linden Lab closed the option to buy from third party websites). And they wanted a verified PayPal account back then, too.

• Like 1