Help with BOM - avatar head issues

Arisa Ichibara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel like the answer should be obvious, like it might be staring me in the face, but I can't grasp it. 

Long story short: I got BOM to work on my Maitreya body will little fuss. BUT the guide I followed said to remove all alphas. Okay, no problem. What is a problem is that with no alphas my bento face is being eaten by a standard face. So I'm sporting two very different skin tones on my face only. I know the answer is probably simply, and I might kick myself later for not realizing it, but any help to save my poor brain? It would be most appreciated! 

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2020 at 3:36 AM, JaclynFashion said:

There is really no reason for anyone to still be using these BOM relay huds as both the Catwa and Maitreya products have been upgraded to include BOM buttons on the actual HUDs included with the product.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JaclynFashion said:

i like using the bom relay then the ones off the body huds

But you don't need it if you've turned on BOM from the HUD.  Using a relay makes no sense whatsoever if your head and body are already BOM.  You turn it on once and done.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 9:35 PM, JaclynFashion said:

i like using the bom relay then the ones off the body huds

When you offer advice to people to use a BoM relay, you are essentially telling them to purchase something they already own. It's a waste of their time and possibly their lindens.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, JaclynFashion said:

bom relay huds are free

That's beside the point.  Almost all heads and bodies have been updated.  Stop giving people bad advice.  Since you claim to own a makeover business, you should be aware of how things work and not steer people toward things they do not need.

As far as I'm aware, belleza is the only mainstream body that needs a BOM HUD which is available at their store.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaclynFashion said:

bom relay huds are free

So are the updates to existing heads and bodies that include BoM on their HUDs.

The only reasons why someone might stick (or need to stick) to using a mostly no longer necessary BoM relay are:

• they're using a head or body that has not yet updated to include BoM on the HUD (e.g. Catwa non-Bento heads, or any Belleza body), OR
  • they don't want to update their existing head or body for some reason

In the case of the latter that's not always a smart move. If you're not using the latest version of your head or body then you could be missing out on important bugfixes. For example: an LL server update broke something on the Catwa Preset Look button (both on the Master HUD and the gift Bento and non-Bento Presets HUDs) which meant that saved tints no longer applied to the heads' hairbase when Preset Look was used to re-apply a full applier/blend/tint look. At the same time, a separate server update caused HUD C animation installations to stall at one particular animation. Those two issues were fixed in the same v4.5 update that introduced a BoM button to the Master HUD. If you're still wearing an older version of the head, you're going to run into problems with those.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.