Changing Name from Jennings

Jinna Jennings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello.. I would like to change my avatar name.. but when i go to do it, it pops up and says Avatars with the last name Jennings are not able to change names?  does anyone know why?  I have had a premium account for several years.  Does anyone know why or what i can do to change it?

Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

Jinna

13 answers to this question

My only thought is that there were (are) some last names that were kept for a group of people, oftentimes a school.  If you were a part of a  "project" like that, it may be why you are getting that message.  And yes, support will hopefully have the answer. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

My only thought is that there were (are) some last names that were kept for a group of people, oftentimes a school.  If you were a part of a  "project" like that, it may be why you are getting that message.  And yes, support will hopefully have the answer. 

with a group of over 5000 not very likely i think, but not impossible
http://slnamewatch.com/last_name_Jennings.html

• Haha 1

I was never part of a school.. or anything special.. :)  I cannot figure out how to put in a picture.. but it literally says:

Change Your Account Name

Accounts with last name Jennings may not use the name change form.

Please contact support for further assistance.

When I click the contact support.. it takes me to this group.. lol.. but I guess i can put in a ticket.  I would think if there are too many Jennings they would be happy to have me change the name.. 

1 hour ago, Jinna Jennings said:

When I click the contact support.. it takes me to this group

Not quite.  It takes you to a list of the help forums, but over on the right there's a window labeled "Concierge" and in there is a link to click to create a support case.

That's weird, though.  This is the first time I have heard of it happening.  Please do submit a support case, and let us know what they say!

41 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Not quite.  It takes you to a list of the help forums, but over on the right there's a window labeled "Concierge" and in there is a link to click to create a support case.

(bolding mine)

Actually, exactly what is shown on the right depends on what type of account you have. The window is only labeled 'Concierge' if you own a private region.  Regular Premium accounts see:

image.png.ee56e06fe22a0a0d23023c9231d92f94.png

Basic accounts see:

image.png.1a474f806883a069aa750f12334078f4.png

This thread caused me to take another look at the Name Change page.  For some reason, I hadn't realized that those of us with legacy names could elect to change just the first name, but keep our current last name.

Now...do I want to be a different Kidd, or not???????????

Thenew
Stilla
Notyour
Ionlie
Justa
Lil
Capn
Rambunctious

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do you own full Mainland regions?  Maybe it is tied to how much you pay LL in region fees or Tier each month.

it doesn't have to be a full region , also regionmanagers and i thought 3/4 owners have concierge support. But it''s for me a bit vague where to find the info.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.